I had this great idea to update my wifes curve with a hybrid 5.0. I got the 5.0 installed no problem, but when I tried installing the hybrid it says there's not enough room on the device. I removed everything with the shrink but still won't let me load it on. Now she has the 5.0 and obviously it has flaws. Specifically with the alarm clock that she uses daily. What can I do to get the hybrid on? Thanks in advance
    11-27-09 08:37 AM
    Which model Curve is it?
    11-27-09 09:49 AM
    Verizon 8330
    11-27-09 09:50 AM
    I had this great idea to update my wifes curve with a hybrid 5.0. I got the 5.0 installed no problem, but when I tried installing the hybrid it says there's not enough room on the device. I removed everything with the shrink but still won't let me load it on. Now she has the 5.0 and obviously it has flaws. Specifically with the alarm clock that she uses daily. What can I do to get the hybrid on? Thanks in advance
    Try 1) backing up the address book, messages, and any other info like that, 2) wipe the device, 3) load a clean 5.0.0.230 on to your computer, 4) add the hybrid java folder to the 5.0.0.230 java folder, 5) run Shrink a OS, 6) run apploader to load OS, 7) run DM backup and restore - advance and restore everything you need (do not restore settings as this will restore those that cause memory leaks).
    11-27-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD