I looked but I couldn't find an answer to this.

On our current PC at home, I've loaded DM and BBSAK. Last night I successfully installed driphter's 5.1 hybrid on my 9630. Everything seemed to go pretty smoothly.

I also want to upgrade my wifes 8330 and was planning on using Nathanix's latest hybrid for her phone.

Assuming, I don't remove anything I have installed, If I install the 8330 hybrid, I'm assuming the OS will show up in the shared folder with a separate folder for the 8330 OS next to the 9630 OS folder. What about the other files, the apploader and associated files, are they OS specific and would need to be replaced at the same time or are they generic?

Second, assuming I use BBSAK to backup, wipe, and load the OS, is App Loader smart enough to know what device I have and load the appropriate OS?

Thanks for the newbie questions.

I've had the 9630 less than a month and loaded my first hybrid so I'm on my way to my addiction.
    02-05-10 11:55 AM
    Installing another OS on the computer just creates a separate folder for it in the Loader Files folder, it doesn't replace anything else.

Yes, App Loader knows what kind of phone it's loading to, and won't even try to install an OS on a phone it's not designed for. I tested that with 5.0 and my wife's 8330m.
    02-05-10 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD