I've searched and asked in other OS threads and I got nothing.

I get to 4 of 11, Connecting to Device Rom, the red LED comes on, shuts off, then the phone just shuts off and it can't connect. Says uploading RAM image, then I get "Application loader could not connect to your device. Please ensure your device is connected and retry" Then I do, and it still doesn't connect. The I get an Red X unspecified error encountered [A:Xbunch of zeros and a 1] It does it if I try and load it through DM and just the loader icon. Any one have any ideas?
    01-12-10 09:25 AM
    This happens from time-to-time (and I ran into it when loading .419). The "unplug" trick worked for me. When it gets stuck, unplug the USB cable for a second or two and plug it back in. It should then connect and advance to the next stage of loading. You may have to do it a second time just before it restores your device settings and databases.
    01-12-10 09:47 AM
    so when do i unplug it? when the LED comes on or when the phone shuts off? there's only like a couple seconds in between the two.
    01-12-10 09:52 AM
    i've tried unplugging a whole bunch of times, it just keeps shutting the phone off. it won't continue. no matter where i unplug it, the LED comes on, and the phone shuts off. this is pretty annoying.
    01-12-10 10:02 AM
    It gets stuck when the red LED comes on. Unplug the USB cable for a second or two (just long enough to allow the phone to stopping hanging) reconnect the USB cable and the phone will proceed to reboot.
    Last edited by Rhoq; 01-12-10 at 10:15 AM.
    01-12-10 10:13 AM
    i've tried that several times and it just keeps shutting off no matter where i unplug it. i just don't get it. maybe i'll just give it up for now unless someone else has an idea. thanks rhoq.
    01-12-10 10:37 AM
    i've tried that several times and it just keeps shutting off no matter where i unplug it. i just don't get it. maybe i'll just give it up for now unless someone else has an idea. thanks rhoq.
    Are you trying to load it via Desktop Manager or Loader.exe? Desktop Manager is very unreliable.
    01-12-10 10:50 AM
    loader.exe

i tried the wipe with BBSAK and now i can't get anything to load. fucc me.
    01-12-10 11:14 AM
    01-12-10 11:22 AM
    i tried that too. no matter where i try and load it thru, once it gets to the checking ROM reading/updating RAM or whatever it is, that's where i get stuck. the LED comes on, then off and i'm done unless I unplug the phone, which now there is no OS. i shouldn't of fucced with this.
    01-12-10 11:27 AM
    now i cant even reload 4.7
    01-12-10 11:31 AM
    OSX with Fusion?

Having the same issue but happened before my BB got wiped.

Just going to wait for official release.
    01-12-10 12:37 PM
    OSX with Fusion?

I'm running OS X, too. Windows XP in Parallels.
    01-12-10 12:39 PM
    Like the other guy each time I pull out the USB and wait to plug back in phone just restarts again.

Even after it's actually rebooted.
    01-12-10 12:42 PM
    OSX with Fusion?

Holy crap, yeah. Running Fusion with Vista...

I'm running OS X, too. Windows XP in Parallels.
    That's the problem I bet...

Like the other guy each time I pull out the USB and wait to plug back in phone just restarts again.

Even after it's actually rebooted.

Yup, I called Verizon and told them. They are overnighting me a "new" Tour.

So I take it you can't put .419 or any 5.0 through Mac DM can you? Unless it's official?
    01-12-10 05:01 PM
    Just load it through a Windows PC. Macs are only good for iTunes and web browsing non-company Intranet sites. They're pretty to look at too, but that's about it.
    01-12-10 05:30 PM
    i know, and i agree 100% but i don't have a choice; my laptop took a **** so it's all we have. (it's the wifes, she's a typical apple fan with computers, plus she's a teacher and it's all her school has she works at) guess i'll just wait to go to my buddies and try it.
    01-12-10 05:37 PM
    Just load it through a Windows PC. Macs are only good for iTunes and web browsing non-company Intranet sites. They're pretty to look at too, but that's about it.
    Ignorant PC user. Thanks for sharing.

i know, and i agree 100% but i don't have a choice; my laptop took a **** so it's all we have. (it's the wifes, she's a typical apple fan with computers, plus she's a teacher and it's all her school has she works at) guess i'll just wait to go to my buddies and try it.
    It can be done. I have done it on all of my previous phones.
    This is the first phone I have had issues with.

Other people have made it work as well.
    I just don't have time time to deal with a bricked phone to play with it.
    01-12-10 08:55 PM
    You could always run Windows natively via BootCamp.
    01-13-10 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD