not show as official an official release?......ultimately released under all manufactures?
    01-01-11 04:14 PM
    I don't get what you're asking...
    Do you mean, why aren't all leaked OSes become official? Because carriers think they're too buggy. For example, 6.0.0.222 for 9650 was super buggy, any carrier who released that would have gone through customer service Hades.
    01-01-11 08:17 PM
    Don't even bring up 222, what a nightmare that was - it made me leave my BB.
    01-01-11 09:09 PM
    Did it really make you leave blackberry? You didn't just go back down to os 5 till it got things settled around .280 and a hybrid.
    01-01-11 09:11 PM
    Did it really make you leave blackberry? You didn't just go back down to os 5 till it got things settled around .280 and a hybrid.
    Only temporarily! I returned my BB for a Fascinate, then traded the Fascinate for another Bold. At the time, I had an itch to try a Droid.
    01-01-11 09:14 PM
    Oh ok good, hahaha that really wouldn't have been fair to leave on a leaked os. Glad you're back though.
    01-01-11 09:15 PM
    I don't get what you're asking...
    Do you mean, why aren't all leaked OSes become official? Because carriers think they're too buggy. For example, 6.0.0.222 for 9650 was super buggy, any carrier who released that would have gone through customer service Hades.

Thanks that is what I wanted. Just did not realize that a carrier had that much say. Assumned that if RIM issued, it had to go to the users.

Thanks
    01-02-11 08:35 AM
    Thanks that is what I wanted. Just did not realize that a carrier had that much say. Assumned that if RIM issued, it had to go to the users.

Thanks
    Not at all. RIM makes a version of an OS available to the carriers, they test the OS to see if they are comfortable with it. Part of their testing procedures is to test it with their proprietary apps, such as VZ Navigator for vzw. In their testing they find bugs which they report to RIM, RIM fixes the bugs and provides another version of the OS to the carrier(s). In the process of fixing a bug they may have broken something that was previously working so they then have to fix that. So goes the saga.

The carriers release the OS as official when they are comfortable with a particular version. This by no means indicates that the OS is perfect, only says that any bugs (at least those they have found) that remain are not considered major issues.
    01-02-11 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD