faster than what?
    what os are you coming from?
    I'm on lyric's 643 hybrid and the browser is best I've had
    im coming from a hybrid release like 4 months ago
    04-27-10 12:31 PM
    To be honest with you, I'm not sure I noticed this with previous hybrids or 5.0 builds but

Phone vibrates when in holster and does not ring for numbers with contact alert custom rings

I can't tell you how many times I'd be in a meeting and have my phone holstered only to have my phone still ring through. I remember this happening back in February so I'm not sure if it was fixed in a build after 0.419.
    04-27-10 12:33 PM
    I have never had that problem
    04-27-10 12:34 PM
    Will try tonight...cant wait...
    04-27-10 12:39 PM
    I noticed that BlackBerry Messenger is no longer an option--it's mandatory, unable to be "deselected" during installation, adding an additional 2513508 bytes to the OS of those of us who do not use the BBM service.

Shrink-A-OS 4.1 did not remove the nine modules that comprise BBM in this release:

net_rim_bbgroup_calendar
    net_rim_bbgroup_database
    net_rim_bbgroup_inbox
    net_rim_bbgroup_lists
    net_rim_bbgroup_messaging
    net_rim_bbgroup_photos
    net_rim_bb_qm_api
    net_rim_bb_qm_lib_barcode
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer_lib

It seems that the only thing SAOS could do was to remove access to BBM, while leaving the files intact.

Can these modules be removed safely, either before of after installation? I'd sure like to get my memory back!
    I was just about to make the same post, and scrolling through saw yours.

So now we are forced to use it, and it sits there running waiting to be set up. Ugh.
    04-27-10 12:40 PM

So now we are forced to use it, and it sits there running waiting to be set up. Ugh.
    I submitted the following a few posts back:

If you do not want the OS BlackBerry Messenger on your phone, here's how to remove it:

The version of BBM that is shipped with OS .591 installs itself as a Core Application. As such, it cannot be deleted. You can, however, overwrite it as an Add-On app with a downloaded BBM version 5.0.0.57 from RIM.

Go to the RIM BlackBerry Messenger download page (In North America at BlackBerry - BlackBerry Messenger) and follow the prompts to send the OTA download link to your phone. Once you receive your email with the link, follow the prompts and let BBM install itself over your current version.

When your phone reboots after the download installs, BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.0.57 will appear as an Add-On app in Options > Applications > Add-on, where it can be deleted easily.

One more reboot following the deletion and your 'Berry will be 3MB+ fatter!

Happy days!

04-27-10 12:47 PM
    I submitted the following a few posts back:
    Ha! Excellent, thanks!
    04-27-10 12:53 PM
    This has only happened once but my phone would not "unlock" after I put in my correct pattern into Patternlock.

I had a similar problem before with another hybrid but this time, I was only locked out of my phone till I put it down and let the screen go black for three minutes. I was in my car and trying to get the case off of the phone and do a physical battery pull. I wrestled with the case for almost an hour until I decided to just let it sit.

Strange.
    04-27-10 01:05 PM
    I know this is a bit off topic, but am I able to install 591, then install lyric 643 hybrid over it?
    You don't want to do it that way. Lyrical's 643 has 580 files in them. What I did was go to the Java folder in 419/643, sort on the date field and then select the most recent date COD files (for me that was 4/15/2010). Copy only those and then past them into the Java folder for 591. This will replace the similar 591 files with the 643 files you have already been using. That way you are only getting the 643 CODs and not any of the 580 CODs and keeping the remaining 591 CODs.

I did this last eventing and it is working fine for me.
    Last edited by DJM1947; 04-27-10 at 01:23 PM.
    04-27-10 01:20 PM
    Well idk if this has to do with the leak but backup assistant was pushed to my phone today. Just so happens after the leak was installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 01:27 PM
    Thx DJM1947
    04-27-10 01:42 PM

cr*p. Don't use bbm so I have always been happy to remove it for the extra app mem.

Why did they pull this garbage?

04-27-10 01:52 PM
    Google maps is crap too. Can't wait for the hybrids. Stupid 4.0 Bull***t

04-27-10 02:13 PM
    Google maps is crap too. Can't wait for the hybrids. Stupid 4.0 Bull***t
    If you want it, here's the google maps 3.0.2 cod file. Unzip it & then use bbsak to install it.
    04-27-10 02:33 PM
    Ok...

Uploaded and installed....

Took 3 battery pulls before I could get it going... Thought I had bricked the phone at first... But all is finally up and running and so far, pretty smooth...

Booted under 2 minutes and with around 25m of memory. I normally boot with around 13m.

The following app's have been installed and are working properly although I did have to input my reg codes for each one. The only exception was BB APP Worl inwhich I did lose the key for, but reinstalled and was fine.

App's installed and working:

BBMessenger 5.0.1.10 (beta): just reinstalled over the core version include with this build.
    BerryJoose 1.17
    BerryPopup 1.5.04
    BerryWeather 2.2.01
    eGPS 1.1
    FourSquare 1.8.2
    Fusion Voicemail Plus 2.0.2.1
    Google Maps 4.0.1
    Poynt 1.5.4.12
    Quicklaunch 2.21.2: New OS wiped previous lists. Just made a new one.
    ScoreMobile 1.3.2
    Crackberry Superstore 2.0.1.341
    Textender 1.5.1
    UberTwitter 0.970
    Viigo 3.1.330

So... There is my breakdown..... So far.... so Good...

Lego
    Last edited by legobricke; 04-28-10 at 10:53 AM. Reason: added blue text
    04-27-10 02:36 PM
    Big winner for me!

the threaded SMS lines being fixed and the menu popping up was a major annoyance for me. The 419 radio didnt play nice with my phone AT ALL

I was on 419 for a few months...then upped to 580/607 lyricidal hybrid for the past month which didnt do too well either bc it was based on 419.

Everything is fluid now...getting 5 bars in my office when i usually get 3...boot with more mem after shrinkage.

VERY HAPPY

warning...the chance of losing your apps is good...make sure you back them up!!!
    04-27-10 03:02 PM
    Fudge, the bluetooth isn't working. It says it's connected but my headset isn't putting out sound and the phone is.
    04-27-10 03:10 PM
    I applied the fix for BBM (delete) and got back 2.5 of the 3.5Mb that 591 lost vs 491/623. So far, so good.
    04-27-10 03:13 PM
    - gsync works. i think the person who posted that it DIDN'T work just needs to upgrade to the latest version. it sync'd both my calendars and contacts the way its supposed to. i also have a bbm group chat as well.
    nah thats not it. i re-downloaded gsync fresh from google mobile, i do this everytime i update an OS. but i tried again just now to sync my calendar, and again was wonky with BBM group. this time i didnt get the error msg but its still not right.

i know seeing is believing soo check it out for yourself .. far as i know i'm doing everything correct. but maybe not .. am i really the only person experiencing this??

*this would only be a possible issue with those who have BBM groups and sync calendars-not contacts, or calendars for who do not have BBM groups
    *if you use google sync for your calendars and have BBM groups, i suggest checking the group calendar to make sure it didnt sync unwanted events in case you didnt notice.

pic 1: dl-ing from google mobile
    pic 2: just in case .. yep right version
    pic 3: permissions all "allow"
    pic 4: calendar prior to sync: cleared. btw my google calendar on the web is mint, always perfect
    pic 5: clearing all events just to be sure
    pic 6: selecting options
    pic 7: windows asks to share with group, I hit no!
    pic 8: window asking to share will not go away tho i keep hitting NO repeatedly, by this time sync is complete, but window still stuck there **i think the issue is here, somehow my "No"s are not registering?
    pic 9: eventually it clears after multiple "No"s, says sync successful.
    pic 10: selecting show all calendars
    pic 11: wtf? not only did it sync the calendar with the group when i said no, but it didnt even sync to my private one! (group calendar is outlined in purple, mine red, there are no events in red)
    Last edited by raspberry14; 04-27-10 at 04:10 PM. Reason: clarification
    04-27-10 03:26 PM
    doesn't seem to be playing nicely with berry popup - it works, but every time I get a message a keyboard pops up at the same time.
    04-27-10 03:43 PM
    Installing it now... as I eagerly anticipate going to a Nexus One in the next few months.
    04-27-10 03:47 PM
    Has anyone found a fix for the opera mini 5 keyboard/screen issue yet (where after using the keyboard in portrait view half the screen is cut off & unusable)?
    04-27-10 03:49 PM
    so far so good cant wait for the hybrid.
    04-27-10 04:05 PM
    If you do not want the OS BlackBerry Messenger on your phone, here's how to remove it:

The version of BBM that is shipped with OS .591 installs itself as a Core Application. As such, it cannot be deleted. You can, however, overwrite it as an Add-On app with a downloaded BBM version 5.0.0.57 from RIM.

Go to the RIM BlackBerry Messenger download page (In North America at BlackBerry - BlackBerry Messenger) and follow the prompts to send the OTA download link to your phone. Once you receive your email with the link, follow the prompts and let BBM install itself over your current version.

When your phone reboots after the download installs, BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.0.57 will appear as an Add-On app in Options > Applications > Add-on, where it can be deleted easily.

One more reboot following the deletion and your 'Berry will be 3MB+ fatter!

Happy days!

it works!!!! thank you. i dont use bbm so its great to have my memory back
    04-27-10 04:06 PM
    Anyone know if divx movie files work in this version?

I only have 1 file to test with here at work, but it played a xvid encoded file fine, as long as I set "Display Closed Captions:" to No.
    04-27-10 04:09 PM
405 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD