You've got to be kidding me!

I'm still installing anyway as .649 is a memory hog but this is really REALLY disappointing!

If they've got time to about with application switcher surely they could spend a bit of time fixing this!!
    It's fixed!
    09-20-12 06:31 AM
    So far My only gripe(s) are:

- Device Analyzer is still hidden.
    - ARM (App Resource Mon) is a lower version baked in (.24) versus app store (.35)
    - The app switcher notification screen.. okay, now I'm just being picky.

Does Anyone know what version of the Parental Controls is baked in the ROM? The app store is .19...
    09-20-12 06:35 AM
    It's fixed!
    My bad, i was supposed to quote the bit about the audio bug!
    09-20-12 08:15 AM
    CrackBerry Forum Admin:

Can you please make THIS thread the "sticky", and get rid of the .342, .523, .649 threads?

This current build .714 is by far the best!
    09-20-12 08:45 AM
    CrackBerry Forum Admin:
    Can you please make THIS thread the "sticky", and get rid of the .342, .523, .649 threads?

This current build .714 is by far the best!
    Never gonna happen.
    This is a leaked OS... only Official releases get stickied.
    09-20-12 08:47 AM
    So far so good.

Love this build.

My 9860 is on crack.

09-20-12 09:11 AM
    My unlocked 9860 didn't like the update. It's having conflicts with my BIS on my Rogers Network. I will have to trouble shoot this...I don't know if this is an isolated case or this might affect Rogers or possibly, unlocked 9860s running on Rogers.

The BIS icon would be showing and after a few minutes, it disappears.

UPDATE: I guess I needed to give the phone a good 10-15 minutes before it smoothed its way out. BIS seems to be working fine again. Will need a day or two to see how this build is. I'm updating from .523.
    Last edited by Frank_The_Rabbit; 09-20-12 at 01:14 PM.
    09-20-12 12:26 PM
    Looking good so far. I was using 649 before and didn't like it. Battery discharge rate was so high especially if i use it for browsing. It could reach 15% / Hour according to meterberry and battery temp was also high reaching 32C.

This build gives a batter Discharge Rate, no more than 8%/Hour in heavy use, the flow is also snappier. Having lots of lags using 649. No complaint on this build.
    09-20-12 10:34 PM
    09-21-12 09:40 AM
    Installed and running in less than 35mins, everything good so far.
    Will report back with any findings on battery and memory
    09-21-12 09:56 AM
    Battery drain seems good. After being idle for 8-9 hours overnight, BB Device Analyzer reported 2.17%/hr, which is pretty good. I use to get 3.5%/hr for idle.

The audio bug is still there...seriously, I think they've given up on it.

Another bug I found is: I have an email that I started and saved as a draft. I no longer need the draft and can't seem to delete the saved email. A battery pull didn't solve the problem either.

I tried deleting the entire chain of messages, but it kept the saved message. I ended up sending out the message to myself and it got rid of the green coloured message, but I still can't delete the sent message.
    Last edited by Frank_The_Rabbit; 09-21-12 at 10:34 AM.
    09-21-12 10:31 AM
    So far so good.

Great build!!!!

--
    KubanoBA
    09-21-12 10:47 AM
    just updated to 7.1.0.714 and i must say its a beast of an update! im very pleased by just about every aspect of the phone...i also shrunk the OS using BB BOSS. its faster and just feels much more stable and fluid. as far as i can tell little to no memory leak and battery is holding up just fine. call quality is better. i have no issues with my media at all. perfect pictures music sounds great videos are in glorious HD and havnt run into a single bug! im starting to re think if i NEED to upgrade to BB 10 or not... cause if they keep up these amazing upgrades ill probs just keep my 9860 till my 2 year is up...
    09-22-12 02:47 AM
    just updated to 7.1.0.714 and i must say its a beast of an update! im very pleased by just about every aspect of the phone...i also shrunk the OS using BB BOSS. its faster and just feels much more stable and fluid. as far as i can tell little to no memory leak and battery is holding up just fine. call quality is better. i have no issues with my media at all. perfect pictures music sounds great videos are in glorious HD and havnt run into a single bug! im starting to re think if i NEED to upgrade to BB 10 or not... cause if they keep up these amazing upgrades ill probs just keep my 9860 till my 2 year is up...
    It's my 4th day on .714, amazing build from all aspects. Hey, don't tell this way otherwise RIM will not release any new update before BB10 launch. Hope, RIM will not take it seriously and keep on releasing more such build.
    09-22-12 06:38 AM
    installed it for 3 days... and... besides the music pause/restart equalisation bug.... it's working great... no stops... balanced batt consumption... strong networks overall... and good speed... very good speed... I LOVE MY BB9860
    09-22-12 08:22 AM
    It's fixed!
    Hello Phill... Other than the Torch, will this work on the 9930 or just the 9900? I can"t find out for sure during a few searches. Thanks ahead of time....

Keyhole
    09-22-12 10:04 AM
    Hello Phill... Other than the Torch, will this work on the 9930 or just the 9900? I can"t find out for sure during a few searches. Thanks ahead of time....

Keyhole
    Nope, OS builds are device specific. This one will only work on the 9860, and the 9900 version will only work on the 9900.
    With no .714 having leaked for the 9930, the only thing you could try is a Java swap using the radio file from either .649 or .580
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 09-22-12 at 10:26 AM.
    keyhole likes this.
    09-22-12 10:21 AM
    My battery discharge rate is 18% sometimes even 20% but the os is smooth maybe its because I'm on bbm consatntly twitter browsing and music...
    09-22-12 10:45 AM
    Nope, OS builds are device specific. This one will only work on the 9860, and the 9900 version will only work on the 9900.
    With no .714 having leaked for the 9930, the only thing you could try is a Java swap using the radio file from either .649 or .580
    Sorry for the bother Phill, I know I can't use 9900 and 9930 leaks from the same program, I just wasn't sure if I missed a 9930 upgrade in my searches. I've been searching swdownload vendors and it has become clear that it will only support the 9900. I guess I was just taking a shortcut (or the lazy way out) to see if you may have come across a 9930 upgrade. thanks once again......
    09-22-12 10:52 AM
    Battery drain seems good. After being idle for 8-9 hours overnight, BB Device Analyzer reported 2.17%/hr, which is pretty good. I use to get 3.5%/hr for idle.

The audio bug is still there...seriously, I think they've given up on it.

Another bug I found is: I have an email that I started and saved as a draft. I no longer need the draft and can't seem to delete the saved email. A battery pull didn't solve the problem either.

I tried deleting the entire chain of messages, but it kept the saved message. I ended up sending out the message to myself and it got rid of the green coloured message, but I still can't delete the sent message.
    Just tried it and its ok for me, have you tried clearing the "to" field to clear the message? i used to get confused when this happened on txt messages and this solves it every time!

Gotta say tho, impressed with this build so far!
    09-23-12 04:50 AM
    This Build is awesome !!
    i've shrunk it and install it in just 10 mints

really smooth and fast better than the eldest builds

i got 222.1 MB Free space in applications storage

can't judge battery life yet ..
    09-23-12 11:44 AM
    Sorry to post this so late in the game, but just in case...
    Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher:

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    Last edited by elite1; 09-23-12 at 02:13 PM.
    09-23-12 01:59 PM
    Sorry for the bother Phill, I know I can't use 9900 and 9930 leaks from the same program, I just wasn't sure if I missed a 9930 upgrade in my searches. I've been searching swdownload vendors and it has become clear that it will only support the 9900. I guess I was just taking a shortcut (or the lazy way out) to see if you may have come across a 9930 upgrade. thanks once again......
    Yep not many CDMA carriers around, and less so since Telus & Bell jumped ship.

None of the CDMA variant devices have seen 714 IIRC, i.e. Torch 9850, Curve 9350.
    09-23-12 02:11 PM
    Installed it today (had .523 before) and here are my impressions:

- More responsive in general
    - The bug I was experiencing where the notification asterisk on the email folders was getting stuck even after reading emails is gone! Yujuu! this was driving me nuts...
    - The bug where the dot key does not work in some email fields is still there, using the ".com" key and deleting the "com" part is is still the best workaround.

In general this seems to be a very good build, will see as time passes...
    09-24-12 05:41 PM
    Well I downloaded and installed OS 7.1.0.714. Wow what a change. Faster startup time when battery is pulled, quicker response and insane battery time! I did two battery pulls and there has been no lag, no freezing and none of that clock face crap!
    09-26-12 01:59 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD