We’ve got another OS 7.1.0.714 leak for you guys today, this one is for the Torch 9810. We’re unsure as to what might be different in this OS, so you’ll have to let us know what you might find. As with any leaked OS, be sure to backup your BlackBerry before installing.

Download links:
    1UpShare
    Multiupload

via: N4BB.com

Enjoy!
    @Leonardo
    Blacklatino, Lendo and sdickie like this.
    09-21-12 06:27 PM
    C'mon 9900....

Elite1 likes this.
    09-21-12 07:30 PM
    Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    09-21-12 07:42 PM
    Downloading now
    09-21-12 08:16 PM
    Does this have the Auto Volume Control option during calls that previous versions didn't have anymore?
    09-21-12 08:17 PM
    If I knew what that was, I'd tell you
    09-21-12 08:27 PM
    C'mon 9900....

did you miss it? AT&T Officially Releases OS 7.1.0.694 for Bold 9900 & Curve 9360 - BerryReview
    09-21-12 08:39 PM
    That's for: OS 7.1.0.694

This is for: OS 7.1.0.714
    09-21-12 08:41 PM
    Does this have the Auto Volume Control option during calls that previous versions didn't have anymore?
    I just checked my wife's phone running 7.1.0.258 and it also doesn't have the setting. Is it in a different place than you thought?

I'm running .694 and haven't checked this one yet.
    09-21-12 09:21 PM
    Downloading
    09-22-12 02:39 AM
    I just checked my wife's phone running 7.1.0.258 and it also doesn't have the setting. Is it in a different place than you thought?

I'm running .694 and haven't checked this one yet.
    Not sure where else it could be. On the stock 7.0.0.261 you went to the In Call Settings and at the bottom there was options to boost treble or bass and and set the default volume. There also was an option for automatic volume control to enable that was really really helpful for when making a phone call in an area with loud noise in the background, it would then adjust the volume so you still could hear and understand the other side. That worked perfectly well for me as being hearing impaired.
    I used this feature for over a year and now I upgraded to the new AT&T 7.1.0.694 and I lost that option. I mean that OS runs great so far and more stable, but losing that feature is a real bummer for me and I now have problems with having phone conversations. I could not understand for the world why somebody would take that out of the OS.
    09-22-12 06:45 AM
    @ralfyguy: Not sure if this is helpful, but in case it is and you didn't know, there is a Hearing Aid Mode setting as a separate submenu of Phone Options.
    09-22-12 07:50 AM
    @ralfyguy: Not sure if this is helpful, but in case it is and you didn't know, there is a Hearing Aid Mode setting as a separate submenu of Phone Options.
    Well thanks for the hint, but I checked that out as well. There is only option for telecoil, whatever that is. I am hearing impaired, but not bad enough for a hearing aid. it's just bad enough that most phones can suit my needs. That's why I was so happy with the Torch and that function. And now they took it away for some reason. I wish that function was just a .cod you could just sideload.
    09-22-12 08:51 AM
    09-22-12 09:35 AM
    That's for: OS 7.1.0.694

This is for: OS 7.1.0.714
    oh, well here ya go then: BlackBerryOS.com - Leaked 7.1.0.714 For The Bold 9900 Found
    09-22-12 11:09 AM
    Installed this one yesterday... skipped the one from ATT.
    Haven't noticed anything differently yet. My last version was 685 and it was pretty good already.
    09-22-12 11:15 AM
    So I decided to try a leak for the first time ever. It went as smooth as it does on my side. I would install the OS, use bbsak to save 3rd party apps then wipe device with bbsak. However as usual bbsak wouldnt find the OS. Even vendelete plus wouldn't find any rogue vendor files and I would be forced to navigate to /common files/research in motion/apploader folder to run apploader which would install my OS.

As for the findings, its still early days however my phone seems slightly slow compared to the .658 that i was running. Restoration of apps i ran into some hiccups and for some reason video camera does not look as bright as i thought it once was. Maybe i'm being too harsh in critiquing this leak.
    As for any new things, one thing I noticed is that now 3G and 2G are one option. so you either have 3G only or 3G+2G (meaning if you dont have 3G signal it will default to 2G signal) however there isnt a separate 2G signal. .658 had that feature.
    Also in the browser settings there is an option "enable developer tools". I dont remember seeing such an option in the official OS. Will test it some more to see how it fares on. Better battery life is all i'm after .
    09-23-12 04:06 PM
    I'm just rebooting for the second time. Seems ok so far. Did have an Error 507 during the install, but it corrected itself somehow.
    09-23-12 10:13 PM
    As for any new things, one thing I noticed is that now 3G and 2G are one option. so you either have 3G only or 3G+2G (meaning if you dont have 3G signal it will default to 2G signal) however there isnt a separate 2G signal. .658 had that feature.
    I still have the option for 2G only, I can post a pic if you'd like.
    09-23-12 10:17 PM
    Thats very strange coz on my side that is not the case and I can even post a pic too to prove it. Facebook did bring up "uncaught java handler error" when i was restoring the apps and had to reinstall it. All seems well so far, Just one question @Lendo78, i have noticed you having very good battery life, what is the setting of media compression on your storage/memory settings. do you have compression ticked or not?
    09-24-12 04:25 AM
    NOTE for those AT&T subscribers in the US who have experienced the dreaded mic problem in certain cities: while the new AT&T Official .694 solved the problem, leaked .714 still has the mic problem.

The BL Hybrid team has developed a new hybrid, based on AT&T Official .694 for 9810 and 9900 - that DOES NOT HAVE MIC ISSUES and is decidedly better performance than the new official - it includes many .cods from .714.

You can get it and see/post comments at:

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...-users-746299/
    09-24-12 08:18 AM
    Thats very strange coz on my side that is not the case and I can even post a pic too to prove it. Facebook did bring up "uncaught java handler error" when i was restoring the apps and had to reinstall it. All seems well so far, Just one question @Lendo78, i have noticed you having very good battery life, what is the setting of media compression on your storage/memory settings. do you have compression ticked or not?
    Compression Enabled.
    09-24-12 08:23 AM
    Ever since .658, I've been having great battery life.
    09-24-12 08:29 AM
    My feeling is .658 had better battery life. compared to this current leak however it could be because i had given the OS time to settle down. will try the new official .694 to see how that fares then i will have three different OS's and see if that .658 still remains the best so far. I'm just trying to find out why am not having decent battery life hence my hoping to various OS's. Strangely at night when i dont use the phone i'd have 3 to 5 percent average discharge per hour however when i'm using the phone and backlight is on then battery drops quite fast. Not to be too harsh on this leak i will give it a few days, see how it fares.
    09-24-12 09:12 AM
    I'm thinking the same thing, down 10% in 2 hrs so far.
    09-24-12 09:23 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD