Greyed out back with 342 as well. What OS('s) did you have it with?
    Whatever os I had before 649. I believe it was the last official Sprint os for 9930.
    09-23-12 02:00 PM
    So if I understand correctly, .694 is for AT&T users with mic issues and .658 is better for everyone else. But what we've seen so far from .714, which would you guys prefer between .658 & .714?

And also, I'm not sure what mic issues are since I can't find that much information on it other than people can't hear you (and I haven't noticed anything on my phone), but are the mic issues only relevant to 9900/9810 users with an AT&T handset or on the AT&T network? It would be nice if someone can clarify this for me.
    09-23-12 02:19 PM
    I mentioned that if you click on options when you playing music,
    the option audio boost is gone :O !
    And if you click 3 times volume up button you see a whole new warning.

Word Constitution works also again!
    09-23-12 02:23 PM
    So if I understand correctly, .694 is for AT&T users with mic issues and .658 is better for everyone else. But what we've seen so far from .714, which would you guys prefer between .658 & .714?

And also, I'm not sure what mic issues are since I can't find that much information on it other than people can't hear you (and I haven't noticed anything on my phone), but are the mic issues only relevant to 9900/9810 users with an AT&T handset or on the AT&T network? It would be nice if someone can clarify this for me.
    You pretty much nailed it
    The only thing you have to work out yourself, is which works best for you between .658 and .714
    LewLew23 likes this.
    09-23-12 02:32 PM
    the mic issue is specific to ATT users in certain areas of the country. Here's a thread that summarizes the cities in the first post: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ybrids-730129/

If you are on ATT then stick with 649 or try Zocster's berrylicious hybrid special edition for ATT users. http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...-users-746299/
    LewLew23 likes this.
    09-23-12 02:34 PM
    The only thing you have to work out yourself, is which works best for you between .658 and .714
    Ahh I see, thanks! I'll probably try .658 first since everyone loves it so much

the mic issue is specific to ATT users in certain areas of the country. Here's a thread that summarizes the cities in the first post: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ybrids-730129/

If you are on ATT then stick with 649 or try Zocster's berrylicious hybrid special edition for ATT users. http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...-users-746299/
    Thank you for the link! It's weird because I've been on .314 (I think that was the number) since I got my phone back in May/June but I haven't had any issues at all. That's why I couldn't determine if it was related to AT&T handsets or not. I'm using a Rogers Bold on AT&T primarily in NY and NE PA.

Based on that thread, I'm gonna try .658 and see if I have any issues.
    Last edited by LewLew23; 09-23-12 at 03:08 PM.
    09-23-12 03:04 PM
    Anyone who have installed this OS and as well as .658
    Anything changed in these two builds?
    This is my observations:

I've been using this .714 for more than 12 hrs and my memory leaked is at 1.7MB, but with .658 around the same time, my memory leaked is at 18.5MB (I have the exact same apps version installed)

The start up time is faster on .714 than .658

At first, .714 wasn't as fluid as .658 but soon after it got better

Still need time to see how the battery life, but so far with .714 when my phone is idling, ADR is 1.4%/hr and temperature is around 15-19 degree C.
    09-23-12 03:15 PM
    � I'm not sure what mic issues are since I can't find that much information on it other than people can't hear you (and I haven't noticed anything on my phone), but are the mic issues only relevant to 9900/9810 users with an AT&T handset or on the AT&T network?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I had heard handset origin was not believed relevant. (And can't imagine how it would be.)
    I thought it was a Bold or Torch with the relevant 7.1.0.4xx, 5xx, 6xx, or now 7xx builds, excepting new 694, being used on AT&T's network in affected areas. So this would include unlocked devices from compatible carriers.
    LewLew23 likes this.
    09-23-12 03:22 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I had heard handset origin was not believed relevant. (And can't imagine how it would be.)
    I thought it was a Bold or Torch with the relevant 7.1.0.4xx, 5xx, 6xx, or now 7xx builds, excepting new 694, being used on AT&T's network in affected areas. So this would include unlocked devices from compatible carriers.
    Yeah I didn't think handset origin was relevant, but I still wanted to ask. What you and the other link I looked at made it clear though. Most likely the reasons I didn't have problems is because i was running a .3xx build. I'm gonna try either .658 or .714 to see what happens. If it's bad, I'll just revert to .694.
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-23-12 04:26 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong...
    No correction needed Noah, hence the 'pretty much'.
    Was trying to be short and sweet, because I'm sick of reading about the mic issue saga
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-23-12 05:00 PM
    No correction needed Noah, hence the 'pretty much'.
    Was trying to be short and sweet, because I'm sick of reading about the mic issue saga
    Fair enough! And preaching to the choir, Phill...

Been travelling & doing reno's all summer, so only caught up with finer points of whole AT&T mic debacle over last few days myself, and I've already had my fill.
    09-23-12 08:52 PM
    ... If you are on ATT then stick with 649 or try Zocster's...
    Since I'm the typo police today, I'm sure she means 694.

(Only clarifying since there actually was a 649 too.)
    09-23-12 08:56 PM
    I am with T-Mobile, I have so far noticed twice today that when in 4G mode and at the fairgrounds my phone was scrambling between 4G, 4g, EDGE, edge, SOS for almost about 3 minutes, did a battery pull and was fine for about 3 hours until the second time. (Did this both times)

Also noticed the battery drains much faster! Is it just me or anyone else seeing this? Maybe give it a couple days?
    09-23-12 09:35 PM
    I am with T-Mobile, I have so far noticed twice today that when in 4G mode and at the fairgrounds my phone was scrambling between 4G, 4g, EDGE, edge, SOS for almost about 3 minutes, did a battery pull and was fine for about 3 hours until the second time. (Did this both times)

Also noticed the battery drains much faster! Is it just me or anyone else seeing this? Maybe give it a couple days?
    Upper and lowercase means the cellular data connection is timing out. 4G on tmobile is actually 3G. EDGE is 2G. SOS meaning the tower is probably having issues.

Battery life is fine for me on exactly the same frequencies (AWS 1700, windmobile).
    09-23-12 09:39 PM
    NEW OS's take a couple days to settle in. Expect higher then normal battery drain for the next few days. After a few days everything should go back to normal, & hopefully better then normal
    09-24-12 12:03 AM
    After upgrade to. 714 I can' t sync pictures via DM on my Mac. To be honest iPhoto was upgraded to. Any others have this problem? DM in ver 2.4.16.
    Last edited by blogger55; 09-24-12 at 12:30 AM.
    09-24-12 12:18 AM
    Browser seems faster and snappier, happy with that
    09-24-12 06:44 AM
    Hello,
    First of all, I Love my BlackBerry a lot and always test stuff to make it better because I use it as my personal device. Even if I own a computer, all my life is inside this little piece of hardware/software.
    When I noticed two released version in a row, the Official ATT and the leaked 714, I decided to try them both after a full backup.

What I mostly noticed is:
    The 714 version doesn't have the sync feature on Media. (Maybe it's just me but I am sure I made a full-full installation and didn't find it)
    The 714 version doesn't have the "diagnosis" feature that checks memory, battery, nfc, etc...to make sure that the device is working properly.
    The 714 version seems to have very little more lags in internet browser

The 714 version has the file sharing feature under "network & connection", the ATT doesn't have it
    The 714 version seems less stable when using "hotspot" feature. I got disconnected a few times within 2 hours and It screwed 3/4 of my downloadings on PC.
    The ATT version uses a little more battery but it's a matter of about 30 mins.
    In both version, No 4g in "network & connection" (I live in France, maybe that's why lol)

Personal preference: ATT version because it seems to work more properly.
    09-24-12 07:01 AM
    You just put .523 on your phone? Like to stay up to date don't ya?
    Seemed the best to go with based on reviews on here
    09-24-12 07:09 AM
    When I noticed two released version in a row, the Official ATT and the leaked 714, I decided to try them both after a full backup.

What I mostly noticed is:

The 714 version doesn't have the sync feature on Media. (Maybe it's just me but I am sure I made a full-full installation and didn't find it)

The 714 version doesn't have the "diagnosis" feature that checks memory, battery, nfc, etc...to make sure that the device is working properly.

The 714 version seems to have very little more lags in internet browser

The 714 version has the file sharing feature under "network & connection", the ATT doesn't have it

The 714 version seems less stable when using "hotspot" feature. I got disconnected a few times within 2 hours and It screwed 3/4 of my downloadings on PC.

The ATT version uses a little more battery but it's a matter of about 30 mins.

In both version, No 4g in "network & connection" (I live in France, maybe that's why lol)

Personal preference: ATT version because it seems to work more properly.
    The 2 versions you should be comparing are .714 and official .658 from Telefonica... the AT&T version is ancient.

Just a couple of points from your observations:-
    The 'diagnosis feature' or Device Analyzer as it's called IS in .714 but it's hidden in recent builds. Just go to Options and type Alt + BBDA to enable it.
    You will never see 4G on your phone. That's just a gimmick on AT&T and TMO US phones.
    09-24-12 08:09 AM
    I previously had the .658 from telefonica and I loved it minor few bugs in browser on google for instance.
    Thanks for the tips of "device analyser".
    Even if 4G/H+ is about to come in France (a matter of few weeks), I'll look forward how BB phones react to it.
    09-24-12 10:16 AM
    Could somebody who has downloaded this leaked os confirm that "Message Categorization" now works? (Distinquish message types by color)

Options>Display>Message Categorization
    Yes, working.
    09-24-12 10:40 AM
    Yes, working.
    Hm? Conflicting answers. I'll just have to see when this os drops for 9930. Thanks!
    09-24-12 11:27 AM
    This is my observations:

I've been using this .714 for more than 12 hrs and my memory leaked is at 1.7MB, but with .658 around the same time, my memory leaked is at 18.5MB (I have the exact same apps version installed)

The start up time is faster on .714 than .658

At first, .714 wasn't as fluid as .658 but soon after it got better

Still need time to see how the battery life, but so far with .714 when my phone is idling, ADR is 1.4%/hr and temperature is around 15-19 degree C.
    I see, thanks for writing

I think its (the same OS, nothing much changed i see)
    Maybe i will install it after a week or two cause this looks fine to me as i'm using .658
    09-24-12 11:28 AM
    I mentioned that if you click on options when you playing music,
    the option audio boost is gone :O !
    And if you click 3 times volume up button you see a whole new warning.

Word Constitution works also again!
    Are these the new findings you've observed from .714?
    09-24-12 05:25 PM
198 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD