Ok who is gonna be the first technological pioneer and put this rat baztard on their ATT phone???
    09-22-12 11:22 AM
    Typical. Just gone to .523 (about an hour ago) and then this leaks. Think I'll wait for feedback over the next week first
    You just put .523 on your phone? Like to stay up to date don't ya?
    Eskibo and rfig like this.
    09-22-12 11:23 AM
    Can someone please check if the media player issue is still there? Almost every time you pause while playing and then unpause the volume is increased and the quality dropped. Sometimes happens when you unplug your headphones and plug them back in and keep playing.

The media player also sometimes glitches and the whole media processor gives errors until you reset (so no more music or video).
    09-22-12 11:35 AM
    Ok who is gonna be the first technological pioneer and put this rat baztard on their ATT phone???
    Downloaded on my ATT...give me a few mins and i'll let u know if theres any issues
    09-22-12 11:35 AM
    So many updates rolling out all at once
    09-22-12 11:36 AM
    Installing on O2UK...
    09-22-12 11:37 AM
    I will wait for official release, cause all official .714 are out just not Bold
    I've had tried 2 OS in 3 days so won't install it right now and I like the battery life with my current OS, AT&T was draining battery...
    Let's see how users like this OS
    09-22-12 11:51 AM
    Can someone please check if the media player issue is still there? Almost every time you pause while playing and then unpause the volume is increased and the quality dropped. Sometimes happens when you unplug your headphones and plug them back in and keep playing.

The media player also sometimes glitches and the whole media processor gives errors until you reset (so no more music or video).
    There's no media issue on this 9900/7.1.0.658, can't say about .714 haven't tried it
    09-22-12 11:53 AM
    There's no media issue on this 9900/7.1.0.658, can't say about .714 haven't tried it
    It's still there... on both .658 and .714
    pavichokche and mecx like this.
    09-22-12 11:58 AM
    Bummer :/
    Thanks for checking, though.
    09-22-12 12:07 PM
    Why are you obsessed about sfi sizes? It's a MultiLang build so will be small.
    obsessed? interesting choice of word.

I'll tell you why I ask. Thus far, every single 67MB .sfi radio stack gives me spotty reception on the phone. How this is possible, I have no clue, but that's the case. Hence I ask.
    09-22-12 12:08 PM
    Bold 9900 ATT....everything seems smooth so far...NFC and mobile hotspot still there (when enabling MH it says to contact ATT just like .694). Ill report more on battery and anything else I find.
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    09-22-12 12:08 PM
    obsessed? interesting choice of word.

I'll tell you why I ask. Thus far, every single 67MB .sfi radio stack gives me spotty reception on the phone. How this is possible, I have no clue, but that's the case. Hence I ask.
    OK, maybe obsessed was a little OTT. It was just that I've seen you ask the same question twice in 2 days and just wondered why... and now I know.
    No idea why a smaller sfi should affect your reception though. The size difference is only due to the additional language support files in a larger sfi.
    09-22-12 12:17 PM
    Man what is with all these leaks? Lol. Not that I am complaining , I just won't know which one to install.
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 09-22-12 at 03:47 PM.
    09-22-12 12:20 PM
    Phill i don't have that but direct sunlight on trackpad that thing still exist
    09-22-12 12:22 PM
    Man what is with this leaks? Lol. Not that I am complaining, I just won't know which one to install.
    Stick to AT&T if you are having mic issues or else install .714 from leaked if you like, or install .658
    It's good OS
    09-22-12 12:24 PM
    Meh. Amateurs�

Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    RoseBud68, m.jeddy and Phusho like this.
    09-22-12 12:24 PM
    Bold 9900 ATT....everything seems smooth so far...NFC and mobile hotspot still there (when enabling MH it says to contact ATT just like .694). Ill report more on battery and anything else I find.
    Thanks Chap, keep us AT&T updated on all your findings. Battery & mic issues are the main ones, but that will take a few days for you to see.
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 09-22-12 at 12:31 PM.
    chaptervstaind83 likes this.
    09-22-12 12:28 PM
    OK, maybe obsessed was a little OTT. It was just that I've seen you ask the same question twice in 2 days and just wondered why... and now I know.
    No idea why a smaller sfi should affect your reception though. The size difference is only due to the additional language support files in a larger sfi.
    Actually not first time I've seen this mentioned. Not saying it's true or not, just saying�

Out of curiosity, what was size of 658's sfi, if anyone knows?
    09-22-12 12:29 PM
    Downloaded on my ATT...give me a few mins and i'll let u know if theres any issues
    Thank you!
    chaptervstaind83 likes this.
    09-22-12 12:31 PM
    2 questions on behalf of our AT&T comrades:

1. You're using an AT&T 9900 on AT&T, correct?
    I assume so since you mention MH message, but confirming since your profile says Vzw.

2. Did this AT&T 9900 have the mic issues with other recent OS's? (Excepting 694 obviously.)
    If you didn't have the problem anyway, it might not be relevant to those who do.
    09-22-12 12:34 PM
    The opposite appeared to be true for the .523 .sfi.

Most people reckoned that they got a better signal with the smaller .sfi of the 2 available.
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-22-12 12:35 PM
    For all who saw... My battery comment was a joke! And no, Legal Eagle I have not posted such a comment before.
    09-22-12 12:46 PM
    Thanks Chap, keep us AT&T updated on all your findings. Battery & mic issues are the main ones, but that will take a few days for you to see.
    Hate to say but just found out mic issue is back on this .714. At first it wasnt had some calls work then out of the blue it started again....other party not being able to hear me. Going back to official OS from ATT for now
    Elite1, RoseBud68 and mmcpher like this.
    09-22-12 12:49 PM
    2 questions on behalf of our AT&T comrades:

1. You're using an AT&T 9900 on AT&T, correct?
    I assume so since you mention MH message, but confirming since your profile says Vzw.

2. Did this AT&T 9900 have the mic issues with other recent OS's? (Excepting 694 obviously.)
    If you didn't have the problem anyway, it might not be relevant to those who do.
    Sorry i to answer your question im under ATT...thought i updated that awhile ago but i must have missed it. Oh and yes...at first after about a hour or so after i installed no mic issued occured but then out of the blue DID reappear. So im definitely going back down to .694 official.
    Elite1 and RoseBud68 like this.
    09-22-12 12:53 PM
198 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD