Can you post a screen shot of the FM radio app?
    Here, enjoy
    12-16-11 03:51 PM
    My phone is a koodo 9360 will the apn settings be the same?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    In that case use sp.koodo.com for the APN and use the same username and password as before
    12-16-11 03:57 PM
    can anybody write up how to load this on my bb, i downloaded this but unsure how to install it

not sure about #2 ?? and unsure what to do when bbhtool opens up
    thanks

When you install the EXE file, all you have to do is go to your C: drive. Go to Program files (x86) (If your using Windows 7/Vista) then go into Common Files, then go into Research In Motion, then go to AppLoader and click Loader, its an EXE file within that folder
    12-16-11 04:00 PM
    When you install the EXE file, all you have to do is go to your C: drive. Go to Program files (x86) (If your using Windows 7/Vista) then go into Common Files, then go into Research In Motion, then go to AppLoader and click Loader, its an EXE file within that folder
    Thanks I will give it a shot tonight. I've been loading leaks for years but this one I'm just a little puzzled on lol
    12-16-11 04:23 PM
    i just tried this again and still nothing! i deleted the vendor.xml like i allways do when loading up leaks. apploader doesent see it, i just bought this phone yesterday and it came with .319 i think it was. when i got home i loaded the lastest official .530 and now trying to load 7.1 i could use mobile hotspot
    should i wipe the phone first?
    thanks
    oh and im using windows xp

update- finally figured it out, its loading now as i type this lol
    thanks for the help
    Last edited by mohawk rcer; 12-16-11 at 09:55 PM.
    12-16-11 05:52 PM
    Here, enjoy
    I suppose, we 9360 users are the only priviledged people to get this on 7.1. No one seems to have gotten this.
    12-17-11 03:49 AM
    for me this os is glitchy, first if u let the phone go to sleep timing out, the lights of the menu will not turn off completely, sometimes the apps start to duplicate in the menu (you see 2 adidas micoach, 2 waze icons etc),and sometimes too if u lock the phone with the lock button on the top the phone and screen go on after 5 seconds again and doesnt turn off again.
    12-17-11 08:24 AM
    i keep getting a network error when trying to set up hotspot? any suggestions
    I'm also using a Koodo 9360 on TELUS and this is what your TCP IP settings should look like. My mobile hotspot works fine.
    12-17-11 10:11 PM
    Anyone have battery consumption update?
    12-18-11 04:22 PM
    i just installed mine.. Mobile hotspot is working! =)
    connected my laptop with it, although it does eat up battery (approx 1% every 2min)
    i`ll do more batt pulls and check again.. gonna give feed back after 24 to 48hrs
    12-18-11 09:19 PM
    any improvements in battery life ?
    12-20-11 06:19 AM
    So far I'm satisfied with 7.1..
    Things I observed..
    1) Batt life seems similar with .474 (although 36hrs is not enough to tell) I'll observe it nxt day without turning on my mobile hotspot.. My co-workers always ask me to turn it on hehe..

2) Some lag spikes happen. Well mostly when I browse app world.

3) Sometimes there's a little lagging when I use my music player.

Overall I'm happy with this OS.. gonna report back in a couple of days regarding battery life..
    12-20-11 10:19 AM
    This is an exe file and asks with base or no base. Which option to select and how to move from there. Instructions for novice plz.

Does 9360 have FM chip inside or it is Internet Radio ?

Thanks!

Sent from Tapatalk
    12-22-11 09:22 AM
    This is an exe file and asks with base or no base. Which option to select and how to move from there. Instructions for novice plz.

Does 9360 have FM chip inside or it is Internet Radio ?

Thanks!

Sent from Tapatalk
    The headphones act as an antenna
    12-29-11 08:24 PM
    Oh, good. Now I can use Slacker in the dead spots in my house.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-11 08:57 PM
    Anymore field reports guys?

So far this has been a good and really stable OS, official is possibly better as this in reality is a hybrid.

App compatibility for me was great since all my apps are OS 7.1 compatible

Hotspot and FM Radio are great new features.

The only problem Ive noticed is that lets say you're at home and you've got a WiFi network set up. As soon as I leave that area, my browser does not work, it'll give me the "communication failed etc" error, then to fix that I turn off my mobile network and then turn it on and it works, on my 9300 with BlackBerry 6 it used to just work fine and drop on to 3G when Im out of a WiFi hotspot whereas on my 9360 it doesnt do that and I have to manually adjust that,

If that gets fixed Im a pretty happy camper with 7.1
    12-29-11 10:54 PM
    i know how to install custom/leaked os.....but can someone link me to a thread that shows full instructions on how to install 7.1 on the curve?? i just got back on as a bb user
    01-05-12 11:31 AM
    also is this leak compatible with the tmobile usa curve version? just curious
    01-05-12 11:34 AM
    somebody help a brother out, which one do we install? base or no base????? also what the does that mean anyway? thnks
    01-05-12 01:05 PM
    somebody help a brother out, which one do we install? base or no base????? also what the does that mean anyway? thnks
    Hey Bud, follow these steps and you will be a Happy 7.1 user :

Uninstall any previous BB OS that you have installed.
    Make sure you have installed the latest version of the Blackberry Desktop Software.

Step 1:
    Download the Official OS7 Base from here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...43CD802642223D

Step 2:
    Delete "VENDOR.XML" from this folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader\

Step 3:
    Delete all Files & Folder in the Base OS folder, for example: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9360AllLang_v7.0.0.594_P8.0.0.499
    NOTE: Just delete everything inside the folder, not the actual folder itself.

Step 4:
    Download, Extract, copy and paste the Leaked OS 7.1.0.70 contents into the Base OS Folder, for example: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9360AllLang_v7.0.0.594_P8.0.0.499

Then follow these steps:
    5. Fully backup your blackberry with desktop manager, with radios off.
    6. Backup your apps using VNBButil/BBMC/BBSAK
    7. Wipe your device with JL_CMDR / BBSAK / VNBBUtil
    8. Run C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe
    9. Select what you need to install carefully to optimise free memory.
    10. After initial booting (Radios still OFF)... run a few second.... then do a battery pull
    11. With Radios OFF - restore your Apps Backup...
    12. With radios off, restore your apps and .ipd backup with BDM and then do a battery pull.
    13. Final Check All your data and apps all available as u want.
    14. Then do another battery pull. Before you turn your Radios/Wifi back ON,.
    15. Enjoy your hybrid, give it a minimum of 4 hours before you do another battery pull.
    13. For best result, do 3 battery pulls a day, 6 hours apart for the first 48 hours.

Then you're good to go

NOTE: Most of these steps was from a post by "ohad_129". Give him the thanks!

If you need any more help, just let me know
    Last edited by ColtD; 01-05-12 at 01:49 PM.
    01-05-12 01:47 PM
    i dont understand a thing on that link above......i am from the usa
    01-05-12 08:44 PM
    i'm talking about the link in step one, it shows in some other language :/
    01-05-12 09:20 PM
    dm is not detecting the os, or even bbsak.....i also disconnected from the internet, and did all the steps in the original post 0_0...help?
    01-05-12 10:14 PM
    do anyone even post in on this forum????
    01-06-12 07:33 AM
    do anyone even post in on this forum????
    Considering there are posts here, the most logical answer is yes people do post here, otherwise it wouldn't be called a forum eh
    01-06-12 10:57 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD