10-01-12 07:17 PM
155 ... 567
tools
    7.1.0.569 has worked great for me. I'm holding out for the next released OS.
    09-15-12 06:10 PM
    Ok so now that I've downloaded it off that link, I double click on it and it installs it but not on my phone. I have the phone plugged into the computer but it doesnt connect to it. How do I get the OS onto the phone? Seems like it installs it onto the computer. Im lost.
    Thanks.
    09-18-12 06:48 PM
    Ok so now that I've downloaded it off that link, I double click on it and it installs it but not on my phone. I have the phone plugged into the computer but it doesnt connect to it. How do I get the OS onto the phone? Seems like it installs it onto the computer. Im lost.
    Thanks.
    How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
    09-18-12 06:49 PM
    Since I came looking to see what new releases there were and a question came up in the .714 thread I thought I would revisit here. I apologise if any of this is repetition, I'm sure I've mentioned some things before

A few new things I have noticed which are just different:
    1) The switch application screen now says "switch appilcation"
    2) If your BB goes so flat it actually shuts down and properly turns off (ie needs to show the black "Blackberry" screen with the loading bar) plugging the phone in no longer automatically turns it on, but shows a charging battery logo in the middle of the screen

Things that are causing me problems
    1) Cellular network connection. Sporadically this will not find a network it can use. I am on Orange UK, at home I have access to 4 networks (Orange 3G, Orange 2G, T-mo 3G & T-mo 2G). Occasionally turning of "Mobile Network" for a period then turning it back on will work. Normally I need to alt+shift+del reboot. Also Wi-Fi calling does not enable. I either get SOS or just a cross.
    When this has happened I cannot send SMS, and cellular data does not work. However this evening rather strangely I received an SMS, and was able to make a call. Wi-Fi data still works for BBM and email/web access.
    2) Boot time is terrible. I have a number of photos and video files on my memory card, and most of the boot time is spent under the E. Boot time (using alt+shift+del) is 8 to 12 minutes.
    3) I'm personally getting poor battery life. My battery used to last around 14 hours. Enough to get me through a normal day. I'm currently getting 8-10 hours on most days, but have seen less. This may be in part to an increase in the number of BBM contacts, with high broadcast and picture/status/name changes, all using data and therefore battery. I'm working to delete the worst offenders in an attempt to manage battery life. Battery life if definitely better using Wi-Fi data rather than cellular 3G data, and switching to 2G significantly improves battery life, so is something I will do when I know I need a long life, but won't be actively using my phone much.
    4) More spinny clock freezing. This has also got worse recently. Perhaps linked with more BBM contacts. I currently have around 600 with 500 open chats. I don't close them so I can see which contacts never speak, and to remind me of conversations with the ones who do.
    5) No editing or creating autotext entries, and nearly all entries are duplicated. I can delete entries.

Not had any other issues, but I don't use the media features much, certainly not the music player.
    Had no hardware issues.
    Mobile hotspot works (once I agreed to pay 5 a month for tethering - subject to separate data limits, operator struggled to get it added to my account)

I hope this is useful, specially to anyone considering this as a "good" previous release.

Linked to my comments on the radio performance, can anyone tell me which size sfi I have, or where to look to find out?
    10-01-12 07:13 PM
    Remember, each user's experience will be different from one day to another. Network, reception, running apps, db sizes (from backups that build up through day to day use) all have affects on it.
    10-01-12 07:17 PM
155 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD