10-01-12 08:17 PM
155 ... 4567
tools
    I have noticed with this new build that when I check my Voice Mail it pauses automatically to enter in my voice mail password On it's own. Never had that ever with previous builds nor have I ever hit Add Pause from the BlackBerry Menu.

I don't know how to stop this from pausing, or how to get it to stop automatically dialing my voice mail password.
    To get it to stop entering your password go to options then call management the voice mail then clear out the password line and just save it all.
    08-26-12 11:47 PM
    My password is clear yet it gets entered anyways, I don`t think much of it.
    08-27-12 09:04 AM
    If there is no IT policy in this release, I suppose my corporate admin won't be too happy if I run this in our company..... do you think they are able to tell? ))
    08-28-12 07:37 AM
    Have a 9930:

How is the media player on this? The media player on this 391/355 hybrid I am using is awful; I pause a song and when I resume it, it begins playing the next song. Also, sometimes when I pause a song and resume it, it's a lot louder.

Are these issues gone in 580 or 649?
    08-28-12 11:02 AM
    The IT policy will be put back on when registered with BES.

If there is no IT policy in this release, I suppose my corporate admin won't be too happy if I run this in our company..... do you think they are able to tell? ))
    08-28-12 01:52 PM
    Have a 9930:

How is the media player on this? The media player on this 391/355 hybrid I am using is awful; I pause a song and when I resume it, it begins playing the next song. Also, sometimes when I pause a song and resume it, it's a lot louder.

Are these issues gone in 580 or 649?
    I didn't had anything with media player here in this release, and i can't say about 580 i don't have 9930 but 9900
    As for now there's no media player issue, but crazy touch screen thing still exist!
    08-28-12 04:06 PM
    Just update the leaked version software everything went smooth no problems waiting for it to settle in after a few days to see how my battery life improved aswell as signal strenght and more other improvments
    08-29-12 06:37 AM
    This OS is terrible for me! Slow and freezing...
    09-02-12 01:50 PM
    I'll go back to .523; the best for me
    09-02-12 01:51 PM
    Anybody have an issue where when you click the "back" button, it goes back two places instead of one? like looking at an email, clicking the back button and instead of going back to the main email listing, it goes back to the home screen?
    09-02-12 01:55 PM
    Okay, for all those experiencing sluggishness and lagginess: Do a selective backup, wipe (loader.exe /nojvm in the command prompt), update it, then do a selective restore. ONLY restore what you need and skip everything you don't understand. Keeping Address book, messages (@carriername.blackberry.com e-mail only), memopad, calendar, browser bookmarks/options, BBM contacts, bbm options, bbm groups, BIS settings, Options, Icon Arrangements and Theme Settings. SMS should only be kept if you absolutely MUST have them for reference.

After which, apps can always be re-downloaded again. This speeds up your blackberry. Mine isn't laggy anymore.
    09-02-12 03:18 PM
    Okay, for all those experiencing sluggishness and lagginess:
    Downgrade to a decent OS, because this one is rubbish.
    r_hafeed likes this.
    09-02-12 03:26 PM
    One thing keeping me from updating to this: autotext is locked from being modified. So I'm waiting for the next one.
    09-02-12 03:28 PM
    Phil, the world wants to know...

What os are you using?
    09-04-12 06:37 PM
    Phil, the world wants to know...

What os are you using?
    Today I am mostly using .658 Java over .649 base with .523 sfi and modified alx files.
    09-05-12 01:08 AM
    Anybody have an issue where when you click the "back" button, it goes back two places instead of one? like looking at an email, clicking the back button and instead of going back to the main email listing, it goes back to the home screen?
    I had this problem on my device since day one (got it the day the 9900s were available) and it eventually escalated to the BB button and others like the R, T and Y buttons doing strange things or not working at all. Just sent away for warranty repair and I received a brand new device.

On that note I thought I would add that the touch screen not working in direct sunlight is definitely a hardware bug and not OS related. My release 9900 not once had any issues with the touch screen in the sun. The replacement device I received does.

Also to note that with my release device I could not read or see the screen very well at all with my polarized sunglasses on but with the replacement I see it perfectly so there is definitely a difference in the screen tech on the newer devices.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-06-12 09:07 AM
    I had this problem on my device since day one (got it the day the 9900s were available) and it eventually escalated to the BB button and others like the R, T and Y buttons doing strange things or not working at all. Just sent away for warranty repair and I received a brand new device.
    Thanks for responding. I never had this issue until I upgraded to 7.1.0.649. It's not bad enough to make me want to downgrade though and hopefully we'll have another leak here soon.
    09-06-12 09:22 AM
    Funny one this...I bought a 9900 a couple of weeks ago (second hand) and have just banged in the 649 OS, and the keyboard has improved

The letter S and D were dodgy at best when I bought it, but have instantly improved with the new OS - I honestly thought it was a hardware issue, but there you go, weird!
    09-06-12 11:34 AM
    .649: rubbish
    09-06-12 11:46 AM
    .649 was decent for me.
    09-06-12 05:51 PM
    What is the risk updating my Bold 9900 on AT & T?
    09-06-12 07:27 PM
    alot of mixed reviews on this release.

Might just stick with what i have
    09-13-12 03:24 PM
    alot of mixed reviews on this release.

Might just stick with what i have
    Yep. The only reason I'm still using it is that I'm tired of the "new os" process. I'll wait for another leak and then do it all over again!
    09-13-12 03:41 PM
    Today I am mostly using .658 Java over .649 base with .523 sfi and modified alx files.
    Could you share on how would it be set up?
    09-15-12 07:27 AM
    Could you share on how would it be set up?
    If you want to try a non standard OS then I can highly recommend the BL Hybrids for 7.1

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...evices-736988/
    r_hafeed likes this.
    09-15-12 08:15 AM
155 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD