WOrd substitution!
    When I upgraded my foreign language word substitution entries switched to machine language and this version will not let me edit them! Has RIM deliberately locked word substitution?!
    On a positive note, Bluetooth is working properly again.
    Even tho I don't use word substitution but I wanted to add a few words just I can't believe RIM, why word substitution is there at the first place that's useless...now
    08-22-12 03:35 AM
    Hhmm

day 2 with O/S

i am continuing to experience issues with not being able to see mail, now indicator saying i have new mail it on but i have checked all folders and nothing is in there

i may downgrade back to previous O/S as felt this was sound and perhaps jumped too early with this on

anyone else experiencing similar?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-22-12 05:30 AM
    Hhmm

day 2 with O/S

i am continuing to experience issues with not being able to see mail, now indicator saying i have new mail it on but i have checked all folders and nothing is in there

i may downgrade back to previous O/S as felt this was sound and perhaps jumped too early with this on

anyone else experiencing similar?

Well, i think there's no issue yet i've face, I'd personally suggest you to clear all the log and notification, do a battery pull, and i receive mails round the clock and notification bar issues i have had in older releases which are very annoying, but trust me try it i don't think its a bug, and i've noticed you can't view twitter related emails sometimes (html based) not all text
    I was once able to view it, after cleaning memory and a battery pull and restarted the phone and it was view able then.
    08-22-12 05:43 AM
    Well, i think there's no issue yet i've face, I'd personally suggest you to clear all the log and notification, do a battery pull, and i receive mails round the clock and notification bar issues i have had in older releases which are very annoying, but trust me try it i don't think its a bug, and i've noticed you can't view twitter related emails sometimes (html based) not all text

I was once able to view it, after cleaning memory and a battery pull and restarted the phone and it was view able then.

hi
    i have cleared log and memory plus did a battery pull and same issue exists!
    hhmm

08-22-12 06:19 AM
    What was fixed long time ago?
    are you talking about these media player bugs? they were still existing on .569

I wonder if it's fixed on this version.

First two are fixed in this released, and i was having those back then on OS 7.1.0.267 around
    Can't say about third

I am hearing allot of conflicting info here. The media player issue, whereby pausing a song and unpausing will cause the music to become 'tinny' - that is bass drops out entirely - is there anyone who has had this issue, that can now confirm it is fixed? Again - Report if you had noticed this previously, and now see it fixed.
    Finally fixed for me. By far the most annoying bug I've experienced in a while as I use the media player daily.

OK, just installed .649
    the media player bug is NOT fixed. sound still gets 'tinny' after pausing and unpausing
    I'm not sure how it's working for linux.bbm and bulls2213, maybe it's a hardware thing after all
    08-22-12 07:10 AM
    OK, just installed .649
    the media player bug is NOT fixed. sound still gets 'tinny' after pausing and unpausing
    I'm not sure how it's working for linux.bbm and bulls2213, maybe it's a hardware thing after all
    Well i have tested it on several mp3 audios, it is not there for me, but yes if i have a certain bug, i can't say you won't gonna have it, for everyone every OS works differently, like the only bug i have now is the touch screen under direct sunlight just so unresponsive
    And i was hoping that would be fixed but no, its not

But media player bug is fixed for me, i have had the same issue
    If you wanna know if its a hardware issue (which i know its not, at first i thought too but its not)

Do this, install the OS that came with your phone, see it on the box sticker just in case if you don't remember

That SHOULDN'T have any bug, so if that existed its hardware issue, and if not then its the OS

Best of luck and i just wish for once they fix all the bugs for everyone, like i remember back then i had Nokia N95 which how ever still works after 5 and half years, and have had only one media player bug and in one single firmware they fixed it

I never knew RIM is this careless, and all cares about security that's why i am on Blackberry!
    08-22-12 07:21 AM
    dont think this is a stable OS

continuing issues

have downgraded back to .569 found this perfect and have simply jumped too early to this OS

08-22-12 03:57 PM
    Yeah, that's basically what I'll end up doing I guess. This does seem to be the "way" cameras on phones behave. I don't recall my old Canon PowerShot P&S cameras (which had a combination of Optical and Digital zoom) doing this. The zoomed pics, even on digital zoom, were sized as per my settings.

For sure, no doubt. I'll leave my serious pics to my Canon EOS 7D + EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II USM lens.

Right. I'm pretty sure what's happening is the camera is using an optical zoom as far as possible, retaining it's full resolution. But once it gets as far as it can go, the digital zoom will start. That's where the cropping happens.

So yes, if you're just zooming in without exceeding the maximum optical zoom, you will retain that full resolution, and not see any cropping.
    08-22-12 04:28 PM
    I have been using this OS for a day and have experienced the same improvements with no issues.
    08-22-12 04:33 PM
    Right. I'm pretty sure what's happening is the camera is using an optical zoom as far as possible, retaining it's full resolution. But once it gets as far as it can go, the digital zoom will start. That's where the cropping happens.

So yes, if you're just zooming in without exceeding the maximum optical zoom, you will retain that full resolution, and not see any cropping.
    I'll have to dust it off and give it a try...

08-22-12 04:45 PM
    Sorry, but I can't believe any of those issues have anything to do with the OS.

Try a reload before downgrading.
    Actually, the OP mentioned an issue with Word Substitution as well. I live on that feature, so it'd be a deal breaker for me. RIM has screwed up many releases with Word Substitution issues...at least 10 in OS6 and 7 that I can recall. They have the worst coders around...very poor QC.
    08-22-12 07:55 PM
    hi
    i have cleared log and memory plus did a battery pull and same issue exists!
    hhmm

While ago i got mail from twitter and i couldn't view it

I did that as i described and it worked...

Just when ever you open mails like you think you won't be able to view them, just click on them and WAIT like 10 seconds they should be there
    08-22-12 08:05 PM
    Is it just my phone, or is there a slight touch screen issue in this os?

08-22-12 10:46 PM
    Is it just my phone, or is there a slight touch screen issue in this os?

If you were having this issue outdoor you're not alone, and I have issue with direct sunlight and then phone screen doesn't responces to the touch screen, try hiding trackpad and touch.
    08-23-12 03:29 AM
    Is there any way to solve this?
    08-23-12 10:47 AM
    If you were having this issue outdoor you're not alone, and I have issue with direct sunlight and then phone screen doesn't responces to the touch screen, try hiding trackpad and touch.
    This happened on my Torch 9850 too. It's a trackpad thing.
    08-23-12 10:58 AM
    Is there any way to solve this?
    There are 3 ways...

1) Leave AT&T
    2) Move to an area where you're not affected
    3) Downgrade to an OS known not to have the issue
    08-23-12 11:00 AM
    This happened on my Torch 9850 too. It's a trackpad thing.
    Well maybe maybe not, cause in previous OS it was working and it still does without any problem, i don't get it RIM releases upgrades for making their hardware to stop working then to work smooth?

in short,

I upgraded, my touch screen went crazy

must be a hardware's fault...I personally dont think that its an OS thing i'm sure about it

in last 7 months i have had installed different OS's like 70 times
    08-23-12 11:43 AM
    i don't get it RIM releases upgrades for making their hardware to stop working then to work smooth?

RIM have not released the upgrade, it's a leak !!!
    08-23-12 12:12 PM

yes i am.

well, back to my .342/.549 hybrid. )

08-23-12 12:20 PM
    yes i am.

well, back to my .342/.549 hybrid. )

Don't you have that bug now? for direct sunlight?

What exactly have you done in your hybird?
    08-23-12 12:23 PM
    Don't you have that bug now? for direct sunlight?

What exactly have you done in your hybird?

no. .342 is one of few ones that doesn't have the sunlight bug. unfortunately it's too slow now so you have to combine it with a fast os. .342 was also the only os that leaked as just the jvm folder. no installer and no base os. which is awesome cause all you do i install a base os, then replace the java folder with .342 and you have yourself a fast and clean os. no bugs. i couldn't even tether on .649.

i havent tried installing .342 with the .649 base os. am curious what thats 's like. but for now my .549/342 os is super fast and wicked on the battery.

08-23-12 12:43 PM
    You mean .569?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    08-23-12 12:48 PM
    You mean .569?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us

yup. sorry. thanx.

08-23-12 12:50 PM