Here's the download link (Version 7.1.0.649)

BlackBerry OS Downloads

And i hope this release would have fixed the touch screen getting unresponsive problem in direct sunlight, cause previous OS i have had on my phone never had this issue, anyways hope for the best and thanks ALKi3

Things I've noticed

1) IT Policy is Disabled in this release

2) Direct sunlight issue still exists and screen becomes unresponsive unless you hide trackpad and touch (it may not affect all phones but its there still) But i've noticed that its enough brighter now but that's stupid cause you can't still touch it gotta use trackpad

3) Haven't noticed any media player bugs

4) Can't add word substitution! I can't believe RIM is this a new feature now?

5) Browser is smooth so is the touch screen (more responsive)

6) Edited: Battery life, It's quite good, just as on the previous release .569 (Specially standby time)

7) Signal strength of radio is very good (I have had troubles after disabling/enabling mobile network in previous releases as it takes a while to SEARCH for signals but its not in this release tho, which is very good and quick connect)

8) Connects to wifi just within 3/4 seconds and i haven't face any wifi related issue yet

9) Scrolling in contacts is more smoother and so in emails, and pinch zoom as well

10) Overall it's the smoothest OS i've ever ever installed on my Blackberry 9900 (When it comes to multi-tasking and opening and closing apps

11) For those who are experiencing spinning clock on this OS, So was i, and i haven't had anything installed tho, even on sleep/wake button i have to see that, which was slowing down the phone, All i have done is turned on memory cleaning which i didn't at first and a battery pull and since then i haven't saw that, Hope this helps others

12) GPS works better, i have had issues in .569, it just won't show my location from my computers desk, until i go out it won't work and now it does like it used to

13) The only OS i have seen with "upgrade all" option in app world
    Last edited by linux.bbm; 09-03-12 at 12:49 PM.
    08-20-12 09:04 AM
    08-20-12 09:09 AM
    Good, I'm glad we have a new release, even a leaked version which seems more stable, I wish someone could upload them to torrent it would be easy to download cause I am downloading it but its slow.
    08-20-12 09:13 AM
    Based on the file size, I assume its the MultiLang and not jAllLang version? Can anyone confirm?
    08-20-12 09:26 AM
    Based on the file size, I assume its the MultiLang and not jAllLang version? Can anyone confirm?
    Downloading it almost done, Will post it, yes seems so its multi language
    Last edited by linux.bbm; 08-20-12 at 09:37 AM.
    harist3a likes this.
    08-20-12 09:29 AM
    It is definitely a Multi, not AllLang as it installs to:
    9900M_v7.1.0.649_P5.1.0.480
    08-20-12 09:41 AM
    It is definitely a Multi, not AllLang as it installs to:
    9900M_v7.1.0.649_P5.1.0.480
    Yes its multi language
    08-20-12 09:44 AM
    when i posted the link, i started the download,
    i'm 75% complete on the install
    08-20-12 09:44 AM
    Sweet. I was just waiting for a leaked OS so I will give it a go. Is it strange I have only had one official OS loaded on my device... Which is the one it came with...
    08-20-12 10:06 AM
    I'm most concerned about whether the AT&T mic issue persists.
    08-20-12 10:06 AM
    I'm most concerned about whether the AT&T mic issue persists.
    I had the same concern. I performed a device wipe with BBSAK, loaded the OS and sadly the mic issue still persists.
    08-20-12 10:13 AM
    I had the same concern. I performed a device wipe with BBSAK, loaded the OS and sadly the mic issue still persists.
    Ugh.

Thanks for checking.
    08-20-12 10:40 AM
    08-20-12 10:56 AM
    How about that media player bug? Has RIM plugged that one yet?
    08-20-12 11:14 AM
    How about that media player bug? Has RIM plugged that one yet?
    Yes its fixed long time ago but i've just checked its fixed i this release.
    08-20-12 11:31 AM
    Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    �64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    �32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    bquinney likes this.
    08-20-12 12:13 PM
    Ugh. 507 Error.
    08-20-12 01:29 PM
    Hi,
    Ugh. 507 Error.
    That's was an expected error. 507 error means that your BlackBerry is successfully wiped, and ready to be installed with new OS.
    08-20-12 01:38 PM
    Hi,

That's was an expected error. 507 error means that your BlackBerry is successfully wiped, and ready to be installed with new OS.
    I've heard this before, but I've only received that twice in bout 12 updates to my BBs. Did not want to do a wipe, just update. Could not connect to PC after 507 error. At that point, I was forced to do a wipe.
    08-20-12 02:01 PM
    Anybody have the .COD files for Japanese Input?

I've switched out the .SFI file as well because apparently the SFI file in multilanguage is different than in AllLanguage.

I'll reinstall the OS on my computer and try it once more, but if anyone has the correct .CODs a zip file would be really nice
    juice1179 likes this.
    08-20-12 02:27 PM
    I've switched out the .SFI file as well because apparently the SFI file in multilanguage is different than in AllLanguage.
    Switched out the sfi for which one? Chances are this leak is too new to work with any older radio files.
    08-20-12 02:58 PM
    Switched out the sfi for which one? Chances are this leak is too new to work with any older radio files.
    With .523,

I didn't have a .569 one handy, I actually used the .523 one for my .569 because I needed the AllLang one but I didn't have an AllLang .569 OS on the spot,

Actually my last attempt might have been a screw up, I think I accidentally deleted a few files I wasn't supposed to, hence the Japanese font and input support not working. Carefully worked it again and it's loading the OS again ,

If this works then I'll also have the exact .COD files needed for Japanese support. Once that is done, if anyone else requests languages it'll be a simple task as once you've done this before it's a process which can be easily duplicated to isolate language specific .COD files.

Ah, while typing this it looks like my OS is done loading

Will report back once my phone boots.
    08-20-12 03:04 PM
    Findings: Cannot edit or add predefined words. Cannot "distinguish message types by color". Worst of all: My touch screen will not work after rebooting. I have to turn my Bold off and then back on to get it working. I pulled the battery several times and it's persistent. Not liking this leaked os at all and I'm going back as I type.
    08-20-12 03:09 PM
    Findings: Cannot edit or add predefined words. Cannot "distinguish message types by color". Worst of all: My touch screen will not work after rebooting. I have to turn my Bold off and then back on to get it working. I pulled the battery several times and it's persistent. Not liking this leaked os at all and I'm going back as I type.
    Sorry, but I can't believe any of those issues have anything to do with the OS.

Try a reload before downgrading.
    08-20-12 03:14 PM
    Sorry, but I can't believe any of those issues have anything to do with the OS.

Try a reload before downgrading.
    It's been reported by several users.
    08-20-12 03:21 PM
155 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD