He means, for example, when your typing out a message the screen will dim or "blackout" as it does for standby, and you typing won't stop it from going into standby like it would on releases prior to .342. I can vouche for this happening cause I too have had it happen to me.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    04-21-12 05:09 PM
    Can anyone confirm if the following are sorted? These little niggles are really annoying me...

Disconnecting the headphones while music is playing then reconnecting and resuming playback causes the music to sound really tinny and crap unless you skip to the next song. I've also had this once where if music was playing and I received a text it would then sound tinny until skipped.

If the media player is open in the background but paused and you receive a text, the song plays after the text notification for about a milisecond at what sounds like full volume. Scares me to death everytime.

Other than these, love it
    04-21-12 05:27 PM
    I've been running the device analyzer monitoring the battery drain since I installed the leak (shortly after release).

I've been getting a 5%/hour drain, which is horrid. Like I said, just since release though so I will continue to monitor and hopefully see some improvement.
    04-22-12 12:13 AM
    Joltcola: there seems to be an issue with the media card compression?...turned on or off it stays on. I have a 32 gig card that is pretty full, and seriously every reboot is 12 mins. Anyone else have a big memory card and long reboots? My wifes 9900 takes 2 min to reboot with a 2 gig card.

Brando is correct, this is a known issue (screen dimming)

Barnesly: the audio bug is still present also.

Although I stand corrected, the browser doesn't seem to freeze much anymore.

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com
    Last edited by Mark PPG; 04-22-12 at 08:21 AM.
    04-22-12 08:19 AM
    @Mark, I don't have a large media card in my phone so I couldn't say. I have a 2 gig memory card like your wife and my phone also boots in about 2 mins.

It definitely seems like many people have different experiences with these phones/updates:

a)My screen has never dimmed out inappropriately with the 9860 while I was doing something. It's worked perfectly with every OS version I've installed.

b) I do have the "bug" with the audio after unplugging the headphones in the middle of the song. That being said, I listen to a fair bit of music on the phone and have never noticed this I suppose because I've never had any reason to unplug the headphones in the middle of a song. Be nice to fix this little bug, but it is pretty much a non issue for me.

c) My browser has never frozen a single time with the 9860. I have a 9700 and a 9780 and both experience browser freezes. I use the browser a lot on my phone, and have never had the browser freeze on me, or suddenly re start to the home page, or close down (all things that happened on my 9700 and 9780).

My main gripe with the 9860 has been the fact that the proximity sensor never works when I use speed dial, yet I've not run into anyone else who has this problem. I also have issues once in a while with not being able to delete emails out of my messages folder (although I tend to think this might be an issue with GMail specifically? Not sure honestly.) It is really hard to get a consensus on these OS leaks because it always seems like people are having different issues with the phones.
    04-22-12 12:12 PM
    For anyone interested in battery trends, after a couple days:

I'm getting a drain rate of 1.9%/hour today so far under fairly light use (some bbm, facebook, calculator during grocery shopping, score mobile).

This is a big improvement over yesterday when I was getting over 5%. Will keep monitoring to see how things go.
    04-22-12 04:10 PM
    it seems like we all have varying issues, as stated previously i have the screen dimming issue and i also have the audio issue and it is more than just pulling the headphones out. its also using the pause button on the side and using pause on the device that it sounds like the headphones aren't plugged in all the way.

my suggestion is find someone in the forums who can look at the log of our devices and actually understand it to decipher the issues.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 08:09 PM
    Seems like this fixes the blacktext broadcast messages on bbm (anyone on betazone may have seen them saying a future OS update would fix this)

Strange how it leaked for pretty much every device, reckon RIM themselves leaked this out?

Still got the tinny audio bug, stopping and restarting current track fixes it

NO wifi calling/UMA which is a bit of a pain, i assume its servicebook controlled and orange UK havent yet decided to enable it for 9860

Apart from that, all is stable, i boot with nearly 200mb free now which ive never had before!

edit: not a game changer but i noticed all the bottom buttons go off at the same time, rather than the trackpad going off last!
    Last edited by Stubbo; 04-23-12 at 08:12 AM.
    04-23-12 07:58 AM
    so the .402 had more battry life than .342 ?? what about the memory leaks issue ?
    04-23-12 01:41 PM

edit: not a game changer but i noticed all the bottom buttons go off at the same time, rather than the trackpad going off last!
    Nice observation! Didn't notice this but I can confirm that my buttons also are fading out all at the same time now.

@Leokrz: So far monitoring my battery consumption over the last couple of days I'm not really noticing much difference between .402 and .342.

After a full day of light use I went to bed last night with my battery sitting at a little over 50%. Performance seems fairly similar, at least for me, to .342.

As for the memory leaks, I honestly don't think any of these leaks or OS's are going to erase them completely. I've been loading leaks for a couple years now and memory leaks are always present to some degree. It really just seems to vary between devices. My memory leaks have never been that bad for me, where as some people complain of them rendering the phone unusable. My experience with .402 is about the same as it was .342, memory leaks are not a problem. I can easily run my phone for a week or more without a battery pull and not notice any loss of performance.
    leokrz likes this.
    04-23-12 01:53 PM
    Nothing really improved here...screen still dims off when in use. Browser still freezes. Reboots are still stupidly long (12-13 mins) on my device.

was hoping for a little bit better of a release.
    Send your phone back ASAP! There is something wrong with it if it is taking 12-13 mins to boot. It should still be under warranty.
    04-23-12 02:35 PM
    So after doing the download I have to say, the keyboard appears to be physically exactly the same but its accuracy is so much better than the old one. Depending on how it works out my main issue with this phone may be gone?
    04-23-12 04:20 PM
    I have been experiencing problems with phone calls since updating to this version. I can hear the people I call, but they cannot hear me. I tried wiping my phone after the update and got the same result.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is so, any remedies?
    NASAdude likes this.
    04-24-12 08:42 AM
    Nice observation! Didn't notice this but I can confirm that my buttons also are fading out all at the same time now.

@Leokrz: So far monitoring my battery consumption over the last couple of days I'm not really noticing much difference between .402 and .342.

After a full day of light use I went to bed last night with my battery sitting at a little over 50%. Performance seems fairly similar, at least for me, to .342.

As for the memory leaks, I honestly don't think any of these leaks or OS's are going to erase them completely. I've been loading leaks for a couple years now and memory leaks are always present to some degree. It really just seems to vary between devices. My memory leaks have never been that bad for me, where as some people complain of them rendering the phone unusable. My experience with .402 is about the same as it was .342, memory leaks are not a problem. I can easily run my phone for a week or more without a battery pull and not notice any loss of performance.
    so overall did u think .402 is better update than .342 ? anythings else problem occur yet ?

in .342 i turn on the battry saving option at the option>device, it really save a lot of battry to me and it finally can last enough for a day..
    Last edited by leokrz; 04-24-12 at 02:02 PM.
    04-24-12 01:57 PM
    I have been experiencing problems with phone calls since updating to this version. I can hear the people I call, but they cannot hear me. I tried wiping my phone after the update and got the same result.

Same problem here. I've tried:
    * headphones
    * speakerphone
    * regular
    In all cases, people on the other end of a call can't hear me.

The microphone is working, though. I can use it for voice-dialing.

I'm afraid I'll need to roll back to a different version.

BTW, to be sure, I reinstalled this release after wiping the phone. It didn't help. The initial installation was over top a prior release.
    04-24-12 02:45 PM
    * headphones
    * speakerphone
    * regular

BTW, to be sure, I reinstalled this release after wiping the phone. It didn't help. The initial installation was over top a prior release.
    Quick question, How is you carrier?
    04-24-12 03:53 PM
    Quick question, How is you carrier?
    My carrier is AT&T.
    04-24-12 05:04 PM

* headphones
    * speakerphone
    * regular

My carrier is AT&T.
    OK this seem to be a patterned for AT&T users. Need more info as to what is going on with this.
    04-24-12 07:43 PM
    OK this seem to be a patterned for AT&T users. Need more info as to what is going on with this.
    More testing:
    * Google voice to cell phone - success
    * outbound call to Google voice - failed
    * outbound call to Google voice - success
    * GV call to cell - success
    * outbound call to GV - failed

Obviously it's a mixed bag, with no pattern.

The system log isn't very helpful.
    A system error is shown, GUID 97c9f5f641d25e5f.
    I don't know if it's tied to the voice issue, or separate.

And even more testing...
    Audio will pick up *sometimes* after 10-60 seconds into the call, and work properly for the rest of the call.

This definitely seems like a software glitch. I'm going to roll back to an earlier version.
    Last edited by NASAdude; 04-24-12 at 09:15 PM.
    04-24-12 08:53 PM
    More testing:
    * Google voice to cell phone - success
    * outbound call to Google voice - failed
    * outbound call to Google voice - success
    * GV call to cell - success
    * outbound call to GV - failed

Obviously it's a mixed bag, with no pattern.

The system log isn't very helpful.
    A system error is shown, GUID 97c9f5f641d25e5f.
    I don't know if it's tied to the voice issue, or separate.

And even more testing...
    Audio will pick up *sometimes* after 10-60 seconds into the call, and work properly for the rest of the call.

This definitely seems like a software glitch. I'm going to roll back to an earlier version.
    Ok but only you and Ronzdaname have complained about caller not hearing you, Both of you on AT&T so make me wonder whats going on.
    04-24-12 09:32 PM
    Ok but only you and Ronzdaname have complained about caller not hearing you, Both of you on AT&T so make me wonder whats going on.
    Same here. I also noticed that my phone froze up constantly while on this leak. I rolled back to v7.1.0.342 and have no problems at all. It's amazing no one else has mentioned this.
    04-25-12 09:49 AM
    I was tempted to update this new leak but after reading your & @NASAdude finding I think i'll hold off a bit. Funny I use to install leaks on my 9800 all the time but have not done so with my 9860.
    04-25-12 10:46 AM
    I was tempted to update this new leak but after reading your & @NASAdude finding I think i'll hold off a bit. Funny I use to install leaks on my 9800 all the time but have not done so with my 9860.
    I don't blame you. I have loaded v.342 leak on my 9860 and has not had a problem since. I'm not sure what the issue is? Are you on AT&T too? I have checked the other threads and people seem to not have an issue with installing and using the leak.
    04-25-12 11:53 AM
    New here and need some help.

Just upgraded OS to 7.1.0402 and everything transfered flawlessly and seems to be working great... except for the main reason I upgraded. Wireless Hotspot says it needs to be turned on by AT&T when I try to access/turn it on. So I call AT&T customer support to have them turn it on and no one knows how to do it. Ultimately they tell me I need to downgrade to 7.0 (She said Rim told them 7.0 supports Wireless Hotspot service) Don't know if that is accurate or if anyone can provide some help as to what may be wrong. 7.1.0.402 loaded yesterday. I also have the 5 gig data plan with AT&T with the tethering feature turned on. The rep even had me pull the battery and re-sent an activation signal to my phone, but nothing...

Please help,

Frustrated
    04-25-12 12:06 PM
    What do you see in the manage connection when you tap on the time & drop down menu show up?
    Also are you having any issues with out going call were they can't hear you.
    04-25-12 01:47 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD