This is the most "stable" release I've tried to date (and I've installed every leaked\official OS since the 9850 came out. There hasn't been one that I'd consider to be "unstable", as in would render the phone useless, but that's just in my experience. Seems like they're trying out different things as they go along, singling out the most common bugs and working them out one-by-one. Regardless, the new releases are on track. Can't wait for BB10, ftw!
    It may be the most stable release you have tried but it is not yet stable.

And yes, your idea of stable and mine are way different.

If a car sputters, misses, leaks oil but still runs, that must be good enough for you.
    But for me, it is not.

This is not a new OS, its the same old OS warmed over. You would think they would have
    a handle on this OS by now.

Tim
    04-23-12 06:21 AM
    After install last night I have noticed that my memory leak is just as bad as before. Also I can’t swipe from message to message while reading a message. Other than that everything else seems the same.
    04-23-12 08:54 AM
    After install last night I have noticed that my memory leak is just as bad as before. Also I can’t swipe from message to message while reading a message. Other than that everything else seems the same.

click messages icon...blackberry key -> options -> message display and action -> swipe between messages....make sure it's checked off

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-23-12 09:17 AM
    Worked great,thanks for the reply.
    04-23-12 10:13 AM
    Is everyone who uses the media player still leaking .5 to 2.0 megs an hour?
    04-23-12 10:16 AM
    Install went well via AppLoader. No issue, no errors.
    All apps working (had to enter reg. codes etc.)
    No increase in free mem, but seems to have less of a leak. (Yes I have BeWeather)
    Bridge working as before. No change seen.

Good build so far, only had it running for a couple of hours. Some issues do not show up for days...

and so it goes..

Tim

Update, gave it a few days and the "processor is busy" (something like that) popped up and had to do
    a battery pull. Disappointing to say the least. RIM, get your crap together on OS7! If you cant get this right
    how the heck will you get BB10 right?
    Last edited by trsbbs; 04-26-12 at 09:44 AM.
    04-23-12 11:15 AM
    I haven't had any issues. Battery seems a tad better. I'm barely leaking any memory. Been off the charger since 7am, at 85% battery. Yet to even run into an hourglass! I'm like a few others, installed about every leaked OS and yet to find an issue with any. No media issues.
    04-23-12 11:43 AM
    Worked great,thanks for the reply.

you're welcome

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-23-12 12:55 PM
    I installed .402 this morning. I did my obligatory three battery pulls. The response seems much better than .342, which had lag issues. Everything seems good so far but as one member mentioned, "give it a few days". As I like to say to my patients, "Nothing destroys good results like close, careful follow up".
    04-23-12 01:27 PM
    Everything is pretty good after the update. Only thing I noticed is I have no blue LED light when connected to bridge through the Playbook.
    04-24-12 01:26 AM
    Been running this OS on the phone since it leaked and so far haven't had any issues. Been working fine. Occasionally when I try and make a phone call the phone won't bring up the keyboard to allow my to quickly search contacts, but that has been an issue on this phone for the last several OS's....don't remember when that started.

Other than that normal usage of email, texting and browsing has been fine.

Also downloaded the beta BBDM7 and tried using that and it worked without issue as well. I had significant issues when BBDM7 was first released, couldn't get the phone to sync properly at all and had to revert to BBDM6 but thought I'd give the beta a whirl now that it was re-released and I had updated my phone. So far so good.
    04-24-12 09:17 AM
    Everything is pretty good after the update. Only thing I noticed is I have no blue LED light when connected to bridge through the Playbook.
    I noticed this too.
    04-24-12 09:36 AM
    I have not had any problems with this drop. I don't know if these were fixed in .340, but the battery level no longer jumps from 100 to 92%, and WiFi browsing seems MUCH faster than before.

But it seems that some people on the GSM side on at&t are having a problem with the called person not being able to hear the person calling from a 9860.
    04-25-12 04:10 PM
    So strange. I came home tonight and now the blue light is flashing when connected to the playbook
    04-25-12 09:41 PM
    Wiped it clean, fresh install. Desktop Manager 7 bundle 59 wouldn't recognise my device. BBSAK and BBH connected to it fine so it wasn't hardware issue.

Reverted back to .340, going to attempt .402 again just for the heck of it.
    04-26-12 01:52 AM
    So strange. I came home tonight and now the blue light is flashing when connected to the playbook
    The blue light has been there since bluetooth came to being on BB.

Tim
    04-26-12 09:46 AM
    The blue light has been there since bluetooth came to being on BB.

Tim
    I know that. Ever since the latest update that stopped working while connected to the PB. Last night the blue light was flashing. The phone showed that it was connected to the PB however this morning I woke up only to find out that the PB was not connected to the phone even thought the phone still showed that it was connected. I had to disconnect and reconnect and everything worked. Everything that is except for the fact that the blue light does not flash when connceted to the PB. It does flash when connected to my car. No big deal, just pointing out a minor bug in OS.
    04-26-12 10:06 AM
    *snip* the phone won't bring up the keyboard to allow my to quickly search contacts, but that has been an issue on this phone for the last several OS's....don't remember when that started. *snip*
    It's got something to do with using the keyboard then trying to use it again without closing the phone app. I have to exit the phone app and go to contacts at that point to get the keyboard up.
    04-26-12 09:06 PM
    Battery drain seems stable now, at least when using Browser and Media Player, only about 5%/hr. I will keep checking up on using different apps at different times.

Any other experiences people willing to report?

I'm nowhere near a machine till I'm back home later in the week.
    One thing I have noticed is the Media Player, not all the time but frequently, when a new song starts a spike on the volume can be heard that lasts about maybe less than half a second. The volume spike sounds really loud if you're not careful and also if the song is loud. Good thing I'm more of the easy-listening type.

Has anyone else noticed this volume spike?
    04-26-12 11:46 PM
    After the first few days the men leak appeared improved, but alas, I am back to losing 60+mb over the course of 12 hrs.
    BT blue light does not appear (maybe ties to advanced led time limit?)
    04-27-12 07:19 AM
    Does this fix speakerphone volume? If not, I'm not touching it.
    04-27-12 04:47 PM
    After the first few days the men leak appeared improved, but alas, I am back to losing 60+mb over the course of 12 hrs.
    BT blue light does not appear (maybe ties to advanced led time limit?)
    The BT LED is a user definable option. On or off.
    Probably not turned on on your device.

Tim
    Update..turned mine back on and it is not working with this build.
    Last edited by trsbbs; 04-29-12 at 08:16 PM.
    04-27-12 09:05 PM
    Does this fix speakerphone volume? If not, I'm not touching it.
    Can't say, mine had been fine all along.

Havent seen many post about the speakerphone volume.
    Suspect a bad OS install or hardware and not OS related.

Tim
    04-27-12 09:07 PM
    The BT LED is a user definable option. On or off.
    Probably not turned on on your device.

Tim
    Mine is turned on and the light doesn't flash. Didn't do that until this release
    04-28-12 10:45 AM
    Mine is turned on and the light doesn't flash. Didn't do that until this release
    Mine had been fine before installation and I don't see where to switch led notification of BT. Any suggestions?

thanks
    04-28-12 12:55 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD