Good download speeds from this host:

Index of /bb/OSs/9810
    04-21-12 05:40 PM
    damn callers cant hear me either
    too bad going back to .342
    04-21-12 07:13 PM
    I'm not facing any call problems
    04-21-12 07:44 PM
    I noticed a couple of posters with the "dead mic" problem installed via upgrade, versus a fresh install.

Maybe those who are not having the problem can post how they installed the OS - this might be a clue . . . and those who are having the problem do so as well.

This might be a clue to why the problem seems to be selective as to who has it . .

BTW - I have not installed .342 or .402 - I am still intensely happy with Mecca's Beta Prime . .
    04-21-12 08:12 PM
    No mic problems here. Been this os for over a day now.

I did a fresh install with apploader
    04-21-12 08:34 PM
    I noticed a couple of posters with the "dead mic" problem installed via upgrade, versus a fresh install.

Maybe those who are not having the problem can post how they installed the OS - this might be a clue . . . and those who are having the problem do so as well.

This might be a clue to why the problem seems to be selective as to who has it . .
    I used Apploader to install and have no mic problems.

EDIT: Now into 2nd day with this OS and have no problems whatsover.
    Also, don't have SayIt or Vlingo installed (as per post 109 below).
    Last edited by tsells; 04-22-12 at 09:08 AM.
    04-21-12 08:41 PM

BTW - I have not installed .342 or .402 - I am still intensely happy with Mecca's Beta Prime . .
    I used DM as I always do. Always have the latest leaked OS's installed the same way and never have issues. Been doing it the same way since my 9800. Hasn't it been fundamentally agreed already that doing a full wipe/BBSAK install is unnecessary since the DM install wipes and backs up the phone already? Doing a full wipe is a real pain in the since you have to do a full re-install of your app's instead of just pasting your activation codes.
    04-21-12 08:49 PM
    I used DM as I always do. Always have the latest leaked OS's installed the same way and never have issues. Been doing it the same way since my 9800. Hasn't it been fundamentally agreed already that doing a full wipe/BBSAK install is unnecessary since the DM install wipes and backs up the phone already? Doing a full wipe is a real pain in the since you have to do a full re-install of your app's instead of just pasting your activation codes.
    Yes - you are correct that with the latest generation of loader, doing a full wipe is no longer necessary unless you have something "hanging" that needs to be totally deleted.

However, sometimes DM (which is essentially a GUI front end to loader.exe) can cause issues - so many persons (like myself) just use loader directly - and so it is really loader.exe that is doing the wipe.
    04-21-12 09:27 PM
    I only use DM for regular phone backups. I haven't used it to install an OS since 7.1 went live. There's a reason why each new OS release comes with a new loader.exe.

I haven't experienced any of the reported issues, since updating to .402. I really suggest reinstalling OS .402, no wiping necessary, and giving it a second go. Phone results will not be the same for everyone.

Also, for those that have been losing voice capabilities, make sure you're not running any apps that allows voice commands, like Say It, vlingo, etc. Remove those apps, and reboot, and report if the problem returns or not
    tsells likes this.
    04-22-12 12:26 AM
    The following trick has been working for me and I am still using older 7.1 OS.

1. Use your headset.
    2. Use your slider.

I noticed that there is a very faint blink red light when there is audio issue with slider closes. Once I slide it open to receive a call, the other party can hear me right away. Same goes with the use of a headset.

I have tried both methods and neither are working. I am going to try and reload using loader.
    04-22-12 08:46 AM
    I wiped my device and used apploader to install the OS! I have been using apploader since the day I got my phone. No errors till now
    04-22-12 11:27 AM
    No mic problems here. Been this os for over a day now.

I did a fresh install with apploader
    is this different from using DM? Are there any write ups on how to do this? I cant seem to go back to 342 nor can i reload 402 in DM. I'm having issues with callers hearing me and this is a real deal breaker for me.
    04-22-12 01:16 PM
    Well, Day 2. No issues. As stated, reload the OS prior to writing it off or telling others to skip it. That's always an option......same as upgrading.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 01:30 PM
    Decided to give .402 one more try. Did a full wipe just to start from a clean slate. Installed using the loader.exe with no problems. After half a day, the exact same issue resurfaced with a dead mic. So I wiped it again and went back to .342 and voila' the phone works fine. It's just my humble opinion that once you experience the dead mic issue more than once your going to get really irritated having to do a battery pull between every call.
    peteygrizz likes this.
    04-22-12 04:00 PM
    I have tried both methods and neither are working. I am going to try and reload using loader.
    Sorry that didn't work for you. Opening up slider trick particularly has solved this issue for me. No need to reboot or BP for till, I really need it.
    04-22-12 10:31 PM
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the "opening up slider trick?"

Sorry that didn't work for you. Opening up slider trick particularly has solved this issue for me. No need to reboot or BP for till, I really need it.
    04-23-12 06:15 AM
    Haven't had any dead mic problems on my end either and I upgraded Fri afternoon. 342 was horrible for me for cell signal, the screen kept shifting the time and cell/wifi/bluetooth icons to the right when I woke it up from sleep (had to wait a few seconds and it would shift back), and the memory would suck down to 19.

402 I haven't had any issues yet. Noticed that under 'Networks and Connections' that Media Server is front and center instead of being buried in the Media folder options (also, if you're in the Media folder and hit the BB button 'Media Server' is now an option there too).

Noticed the Parental Controls in Security before the Crackberry article broke. Tested it by disabling Text Messaging and it did as stated - it removed the ability to respond to any text messages, only allowed viewability.

Memory certainly seems to remain stable around the 75-80 range instead of having the steep drop throughout the day, and battery life is about normal for browsing, email, texting and news reading fare.

I upgraded using the new DM so I can't say I've had any issues with possibly missing files of files transferred over from 342 to cause issues like some posters are talking about; then again, I've had issues with previous builds that seemed singled out to only me with no one else experiencing the same either... Just seems odd sometimes that not everyone can replicate the same problems.

If anything, the fact that this build specifically dropped for every 7.0 device at the same time has to be good news of something bright on the horizon, no?
    04-23-12 09:14 AM
    I just got a 9810 from a 9930 and on 7.1.0.267 I was still able to get mobile hotspot to work on ATT since this os version does not support it with the proper plan (I have unlimited data as well) is there an os 7.1.x.x that works on the 9810 which allows mobile hotspot to work on ATT with the unlimited data plan.
    The mobile hotspot function still works on the leaked OS 7.1.0.284. Everything above this so far is a no go with that feature.
    04-23-12 09:30 AM
    Well, Day 2. No issues. As stated, reload the OS prior to writing it off or telling others to skip it. That's always an option......same as upgrading.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    How does this compare to beta prime?
    04-24-12 12:22 AM
    is this different from using DM? Are there any write ups on how to do this? I cant seem to go back to 342 nor can i reload 402 in DM. I'm having issues with callers hearing me and this is a real deal breaker for me.
    Well I ended up with a new phone after I wasnt able to resolve my mic issues nor was I able to roll back to a previous OS for some reason. I'm done with 7.1. They arent worth the trouble vs .583
    04-24-12 06:26 AM
    How does this compare to beta prime?
    IMO, Beta Prime was pretty much rock solid for me. MECCA, HELLUVA JOB ON THAT BUILD ....I too had the mic issue and reverted back yesterday..I do have Vlingo so I am giving it another shot...I installed via the loader, windows 7 x64, installed over beta prime... I am now on an xp system with and install over beta prime.... Also to those that did have the issue, does using the slider as a lock option have anything to do with it....I think my slider was set to lock but did not get a chance to verify.

So, I did the reinstall....Worked for 5 minutes.....uninstalled Vlingo...worked after reboot, but on the second call the voice did not work....THAT IS A SHOW STOPPER>>>>BACK TO BETA PRIME>>>>
    Last edited by kpin_it_real; 04-24-12 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Update
    Mecca EL and peteygrizz like this.
    04-24-12 09:03 AM
    I have had no issues with people not being able to hear me on a call. I also have Vlingo installed as well as many other apps. I installed .402 through AppLoader with an XP machine. Everything went smoothly. I have had no issues with this new build. For me, it has been very stable.

The only issue I have had is that the CB forum app doesn't work properly with this new update. It will try to load up something and just not get it done. If I back out of the what I was trying to do and go back into it, then what I was trying to load shows up. Strange.

It is always interesting to me that "identical" phones can have such a variety of responses to the same OS update.
    04-24-12 10:57 AM
    IMO, Beta Prime was pretty much rock solid for me. MECCA, HELLUVA JOB ON THAT BUILD ....I too had the mic issue and reverted back yesterday..I do have Vlingo so I am giving it another shot...I installed via the loader, windows 7 x64, installed over beta prime... I am now on an xp system with and install over beta prime.... Also to those that did have the issue, does using the slider as a lock option have anything to do with it....I think my slider was set to lock but did not get a chance to verify.

So, I did the reinstall....Worked for 5 minutes.....uninstalled Vlingo...worked after reboot, but on the second call the voice did not work....THAT IS A SHOW STOPPER>>>>BACK TO BETA PRIME>>>>
    Thanks for sharing that.
    04-24-12 02:36 PM
    I updated it on windows 7 64bit!

You should probably try a device wipe
    04-24-12 02:43 PM
    Does the hotspot work on at&t on this version?
    I have the HotSpot feature working on 7.1 Bundle 998 (v7.1.0.284, Platform 5.1.0.230) You can find the download here Index of /bb/OSs/9810
    04-24-12 03:42 PM
156 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD