Does Mobile Hotspot work for you? If so, turn the connection off, then turn it back on. Mine didn't work when i turned it back on until I did a physical battery pull.
    Yup, it works flawlessly, everytime. Tried turning it off and on several times and worked each time.
    05-10-12 10:01 AM
    Yup, it works flawlessly, everytime. Tried turning it off and on several times and worked each time.
    Which carrier?
    05-10-12 02:01 PM
    Which carrier?
    Singtel, Singapore.
    05-11-12 08:21 AM
    Has anyone tried a radio swap, i seem to be getting pretty bad battery life with the 402 build.

Thanks,
    Randy
    second that
    i have been using 402 for couple of weeks and have had several occasions of fully dead battery after 12 hrs previously had 258 and after 12 hours 50 to 60% left so today changed to 378 and after 12 hrs sitting at 59% so without loading any more software or changing settings my conclusion is that 402 has issues with battery life .using phone as a hot spot can kill a full battery in less than 3 hours with 402 os
    05-13-12 03:54 AM
    I have an interesting observation. With the new 7.1 OSes, I continued to get erratic charging behaviour from my 9930. Most days, the charge would end at 95%. On some days, it just does not charge and the battery has even been drained off overnight once when the phone was placed on the dock.

I went overseas several times recently and found that the phone would charge to full if I were to charge it using the micro USB port. When it's put on the dock, that's when strange things happen. I've been alternating charging methods the past few days and have been able to replicate my observations every single time.
    I've had my 9930 since launch and if I use either the charging port or the extra battery bundle, the battery has always only charged to 95% regardless of the OS. It has happened and been an issue from day one, including on .342 and now on .402. The only way I get a true 100% on my batteries is if I plug the usb directly into the wall outlet. I don't know why that is, but a direct charge plugged into the phone to the wall outlet gives me a 100% charge every time. Try it with all of your different charger types and I'll bet you"ll all have the same results....
    05-13-12 08:00 AM
    Is anyone else having any wallpaper issues? When I change my wallpaper the phone doesnt automatically resize the picture to fit the resolution.

Edit: if you select your wallpaper from the folder it works okay, but if you go through the options settings it seems to not work
    Last edited by AntiInsight; 05-18-12 at 03:27 PM.
    05-18-12 03:20 PM
    Been running this for a few days and I think I like .342 a lot better.... 402 doesn't have as good battery life and just doesn't seem as smooth as .342

Edit: after today I'm downgrading back to .342, battery is horrible on .402

Edit Edit: Well I think twitter was my battery problem, it defaulted back to refreshing every 30 minutes, same with facebook. I turned that off and battery seems to have stabilized.
    Last edited by manofice; 05-23-12 at 06:42 AM.
    05-21-12 06:35 AM
    .402 was snappier but battery drain is too much...freezes often and more often after each reboot it stops reading the media card inserted then i have to do a second reboot to detect.

I checked the media card all good. 16gb class 10 is my memory card...

downgrading to .355

edit:- downgraded from .355 to .342. .355 had same IT Policy issues as of .402 will wait for another leak or official release
    Last edited by SacredDevil666; 05-28-12 at 05:39 AM.
    05-27-12 06:19 AM
    I can tell you that if you're hoping to remove the IT policy on this build, there is no way that it can be done. It is officially stuck on 402 and 428
    06-04-12 08:27 AM
    Horrendous battery life with this build. Had it ever since it leaked, finally made the switch to .342 today. 402 killed my battery in exactly 8 hours, moderate texting/browsing, no wifi or any other connections on.
    06-10-12 08:45 PM
    I'm a bit surprised there are so many issues with .402 for some folks, yet has worked quite well for me (within my expectations, anyway). Is it possible different OS's work better with some carriers better than others? Or even some apps? I'm tempted to give .342 another shot.
    06-10-12 10:14 PM
    Horrendous battery life with this build. Had it ever since it leaked, finally made the switch to .342 today. 402 killed my battery in exactly 8 hours, moderate texting/browsing, no wifi or any other connections on.
    Funny how results vary. I've got awesome life with .402. I can go at least 12 hours and that's with heavy use. I email, text, Facebook, check App World, read BB News and BBM all day.
    anon(1674643) likes this.
    06-11-12 03:58 AM
    Same here...outstanding life with .402, been running it for over 4 weeks now and have been very happy with performance. Very high usage, BBM, email, text, bridged with PB, editing doc's and spreadsheets,calls etc. No complaints with this one.

Update went smooth as you know what...
    06-11-12 10:43 PM
    Anyone else experienced the joy of recording a video with this OS only to get the unsupported format error when attempting to play the video?
    06-12-12 07:11 AM
    Anyone else experienced the joy of recording a video with this OS only to get the unsupported format error when attempting to play the video?
    Click to view quoted image
    You should have stayed away from this OS... It only lasted about 24 hours on my device.
    06-12-12 10:42 AM
    You should have stayed away from this OS... It only lasted about 24 hours on my device.
    Yeah, just tired of screwing around with loading OS's. I'll wipe this shi!t off this weekend. But I'm only trading one set of headaches for another.
    wolfee48 and keyhole like this.
    06-14-12 10:44 AM
    Weird. I have upgraded to official 7.1 twice and had no luck with it. Harmeling, it shows up when I begin to type like it does on yours, but when I touch it to perform the search an error message comes up.
    Have had this same type of issue when using remote controls typing feature.
    06-25-12 01:14 PM
    Anyone have Bluetooth call quality issues with this OS?

Audio streaming works fine but when used for calls I can't use it at all.

I hear the callers fine but they say I sound choppy and can't understand a word I'm saying.
    06-27-12 02:28 PM
    Anyone have Bluetooth call quality issues with this OS?

Audio streaming works fine but when used for calls I can't use it at all.

I hear the callers fine but they say I sound choppy and can't understand a word I'm saying.
    Works perfectly on my phone. I have bluetooth linked to both my car's headunit as well as the Jabra earpiece. It's been flawless.
    06-28-12 02:32 AM
    For me it was this OS, after downgrading to the original Verizon firmware it works again.
    06-28-12 08:55 AM
    I've been using the new bluetooth in my new car with my 9930 and it's rock solid
    06-28-12 09:36 AM
    Ok I think it's just my bt on the phone not directly related to this OS. After trying the original Verizon OS I have a new issue.

Phone goes completely mute if I get a phone call while using bt headsets listening to music. After that the only way to get sound again is resetting it (ie. quickpull)
    06-30-12 06:02 PM
    Works perfectly on my phone. I have bluetooth linked to both my car's headunit as well as the Jabra earpiece. It's been flawless.
    I'm having an issue with my car. I have to re pair my phone 90% of the time since I loaded this on. Also, I was having trouble with the mobile hotspot (but haven't tried it again). I would stay away from this one. Its been a while, so maybe we'll see something new soon.
    07-05-12 09:38 PM
    Since I upgraded I'm having a problem with callers not being able to hear me. I hear them fine, but they can't hear me. I've done 2 battery pulls and still can't make a call. It won't even work when pared with my car audio. Any suggestions?
    07-07-12 08:27 AM
    Since I upgraded I'm having a problem with callers not being able to hear me. I hear them fine, but they can't hear me. I've done 2 battery pulls and still can't make a call. It won't even work when pared with my car audio. Any suggestions?
    Roll back to your previous OS.

There is a bug affecting AT&T users in certain parts of the country on both the 9900 and the 9930 with 4XX series OS's.
    07-07-12 09:48 AM
175 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD