For me the battery life seems a bit better, especially the initial drop from the full battery bar.

Appears to be a bit more responsive, and I have yet to notice any huge flaws.

Maybe the carriers will take this one official
    04-21-12 08:36 AM
    For me the battery life seems a bit better, especially the initial drop from the full battery bar.

Appears to be a bit more responsive, and I have yet to notice any huge flaws.

Maybe the carriers will take this one official
    Good info - I'm still waiting a bit longer to see what pops up.
    04-21-12 09:59 AM
    Hey Ms. Kimberly, looks like you need to update your profile, unless you somehow found a way to get os7.1 loaded on your 9650, lol.
    If I could install 7.1 on any old BlackBerry device, it would be the 8703e. Profile updated! Thanks.
    04-21-12 11:25 AM
    As someone else asked, how is the phone reception/radio on this build?
    04-21-12 01:42 PM
    As someone else asked, how is the phone reception/radio on this build?
    I'm finding the Wifi to be much stronger. My room used to be a disconnect area and now i get 1-2 bars of wifi with no disconnects.
    04-21-12 02:16 PM
    Excellent! I really don't like 7.1.0.340- having issues w/connectivity and call quality (although I may have resolved the connectivity issue). But I am eager to give .402 a try! Only...1 HOUR left on the download...GOOD GRIEF!!
    04-21-12 03:36 PM
    I'm installing this tonight. Anyone trying out experiencing choppy bluetooth connection while on the phone? I've had this problem on every build since OS 7.1 on Verizon. I've switched Bolds 4 times already. Same issue with different bluetooth earphones.

Also getting "media processor is busy" errors quite often too -/
    I have had the bluetooth issues too. Drives me nutz!
    04-21-12 03:52 PM
    Im already one day on 402 and i can its better than 340. Feels faster, battery a bit better and i think there is less memory leak. I'll stay on it
    04-21-12 03:54 PM
    I have had the bluetooth issues too. Drives me nutz!

So what is the problem with BlueTooth? Are you talking about this long and slooow transfer from BB to another phone (it took so long when i send files to my moms Samsung c3750 but i dont know why, maybe Samsung is crappy device?).
    04-21-12 03:57 PM
    Most (maybe all) carriers in the States charge extra for hotspot, whereas a lot of Canadian carriers have it included with your data. (At least from what I've seen on these boards anyway.

I'm actually surprised more carriers haven't stepped in to stop the Playbook from using Bridge down here...or at least found a way to bill you for it
    Let's not give them any ideas.
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    04-21-12 04:03 PM
    I'm decided to pass on the last leak and I'm still on .267. Is this worth the update in terms of less of a memory leak and more stabilty with media playback with and without using bluetooth? Thanks in advance
    04-21-12 04:13 PM
    Excellent! I really don't like 7.1.0.340- having issues w/connectivity and call quality (although I may have resolved the connectivity issue). But I am eager to give .402 a try! Only...1 HOUR left on the download...GOOD GRIEF!!
    My reception is much better. I just took a 2 hour trip today and had excellent service the entire way down (used to drop in several places). My daughter had my Playbook bridged to my Bold and I had a bluetooth headset listening to Tunein Radio. Earlier I took out my trash and where my WiFi signal used to drop (roughly 20 yards), I was connected the entire time.
    04-21-12 07:15 PM
    Anyone move from .342 to .402? Any significant advantages? .342 has been rock solid for me. Looking for a reason go install.
    04-21-12 07:53 PM
    Can anyone confirm that the Google Local Search works with this new leak? I am still running 7.0 on my 9930 because Google Local Search did not work for me on the official Verizon 7.1.
    04-21-12 08:01 PM
    Can anyone confirm that the Google Local Search works with this new leak? I am still running 7.0 on my 9930 because Google Local Search did not work for me on the official Verizon 7.1.
    Something sounds wrong with your settings.......after 3 updates going from 7.0 to 7.1 I've had no issues
    04-21-12 08:21 PM
    Been updating official and leaked os's....never lost it.
    04-21-12 09:13 PM
    Weird. I have upgraded to official 7.1 twice and had no luck with it. Harmeling, it shows up when I begin to type like it does on yours, but when I touch it to perform the search an error message comes up.
    04-22-12 12:47 AM
    Anyone move from .342 to .402? Any significant advantages? .342 has been rock solid for me. Looking for a reason go install.
    I haven't noticed to much of a difference. Battery life and memory leak, which are both good, are about the same. I only had .342 installed for a few days, but my gps seems stronger and locks onto my position a little quicker.
    04-22-12 08:27 AM
    So is there great benefit to upgrade if what you have is working good for you?
    04-22-12 02:51 PM
    So is there great benefit to upgrade if what you have is working good for you?
    Yes. You will have the latest update and be in the cool club. But seriously, it does seem a bit better (battery, wifi and radio signals, touch response). The one new thing I have noticed is "Parental Controls" in device options.
    04-22-12 04:06 PM
    Weird. I have upgraded to official 7.1 twice and had no luck with it. Harmeling, it shows up when I begin to type like it does on yours, but when I touch it to perform the search an error message comes up.
    Have you looked at your gps settings? I think it's called "enable my location" or something like that.
    04-22-12 04:08 PM
    I'm decided to pass on the last leak and I'm still on .267. Is this worth the update in terms of less of a memory leak and more stabilty with media playback with and without using bluetooth? Thanks in advance

Anyone? Lol
    04-22-12 08:26 PM
    Anyone? Lol
    Yes it is worth it
    blackguy07 likes this.
    04-22-12 08:30 PM
    Have you looked at your gps settings? I think it's called "enable my location" or something like that.
    Yeah. Each time I upgraded I made sure I had all the GPS settings turned on. There were some other people who had the same issue that I did when they upgraded. I guess I didn't really see a strong reason to upgrade to 7.1 since the things they added were not things that were important to me.

Maybe I'll catch the next official release.
    04-22-12 11:43 PM
    First impressions after running a day with this, feels the same as the 342 build. And yeah, the parental controls thingy is new. Battery life is the same and i just noticed one thing. Each time I load a new firmware (from 167 to 302 to 340 and 342), the first few battery charges always end up funny. Battery will stop charging at 75%. This usually happens right after a new firmware is loaded, and then never agin.
    04-22-12 11:51 PM
175 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD