06-21-12 03:24 AM
555 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    i've read all the 14 pages and didn't find my answer, So i'll ask now,
    is this worth updating from a 7.1.0.267 version user ?
    i didn't update to 3XX one cause a lot of people had some issue with them
    im having with this one some but they are not like the other ones
    so i would like to see, maybe 3XX is better ? i would hope to see a reply soon
    I learned I will lose hotspot on ATT and gain exactly NOTHING. It was a useful read.
    04-21-12 10:04 AM
    i've read all the 14 pages and didn't find my answer, So i'll ask now,
    is this worth updating from a 7.1.0.267 version user ?
    i didn't update to 3XX one cause a lot of people had some issue with them
    im having with this one some but they are not like the other ones
    so i would like to see, maybe 3XX is better ? i would hope to see a reply soon
    Came from .267 on my 9900 and it is a lot better. Less of the horrendous memory leak from .267 should make you want to uppgrade...
    04-21-12 10:04 AM
    Anyone experience the phone mic not working on a call? I noticed this on my 9900 and even wiped/reloaded twice and still experienced the problem. After rolling back to .342 phone mic worked. I know someone else who loaded .402 on their 9860 experienced the same issue.

Thanks
    04-21-12 10:13 AM
    Update:
    I had a reboot cycle issue on the last few builds when doing hard resets which was pretty frustrating but I never had time to figure it out. The new build seems to have resolved it which I'm pretty stoked about.

Battery life seems good so far but still a little early to tell. I'm hovering around 5%/hr with medium use.

I do btw have a gmail IT Policy registered to the device which is obviously the culprit in the app permissions.
    04-21-12 10:35 AM
    Btw wats the difference b/w ROM and OS? Arent they the very same?
    ROM=Read Only Memory
    OS=Operating System

ROM is where non-volatile parts of the OS is stored, but some parts of OS can also be stored in different RAM modules.

In Android worlds when they talk about a ROM, - it is more a ROM dump what they mean... a copy of the content of ROM is stored in a file ..... two totally different things...

ROM is also only Readable - not writable - so it will never be correct to call it ROM.. PROM is more used - and different types exist - depending on how they work (PROM=Programmable ROM)

Any Android world call OS and ROM the same thing - it is just from ignorance...
    Last edited by Lindstrom; 04-21-12 at 11:24 AM.
    04-21-12 11:06 AM
    Btw wats the difference b/w ROM and OS? Arent they the very same?
    ROM is the term typically used for Android phone. Once the ROM is copied to the phone, it becomes the OS. It's just a terminology thing. In the discussion of smartphones, they are the same.
    04-21-12 11:15 AM
    Anyone experience the phone mic not working on a call? I noticed this on my 9900 and even wiped/reloaded twice and still experienced the problem. After rolling back to .342 phone mic worked. I know someone else who loaded .402 on their 9860 experienced the same issue.

Thanks
    I'm on my 9900 right now and am experiencing the same. Tried a few battery pulls and it works on and off. Tried device analyzer and hardware checks out ok....must be a bug. I'm on ATT. Planning on reloading os later bc other than this, the phone is running great.
    04-21-12 11:20 AM
    ROM is the term typically used for Android phone. Once the ROM is copied to the phone, it becomes the OS. It's just a terminology thing. In the discussion of smartphones, they are the same.
    But with ROM files, you can't shrink out anything after it's all been compressed into the image that goes onto the FlashROM chip. That's from my experience of updating windows mobile devices and an unsuccessful LG Optimus One which hit the recycle bin shortly after the update.
    04-21-12 11:21 AM
    I noticed this time, well, late this morning, I loaded the OS up and... Didn't have to delete any vendor.xml files. This is the first time I didn't have to do so. I also uninstalled all other instances of device software for my old 9700 which I gave away (wasn't compatible with WIND anyways) and OS 7 including any older 7.1 device software, then since the uninstaller didn't delete anything from the shared/loader files/ folder, I manually deleted them. It saved 900MB of space, maybe 3.6GB. All in all, battery life is great. Haven't noticed any drain and plus, I shut off my blackberry when I sleep and power it back on, which doesn't drain the battery. I didn't do that before, no wonder why it was at critically low when I woke up.
    04-21-12 11:31 AM
    Did some more testing with my mic: works with device analyzer, but when receiving a call, mic does not work for roughly 10 seconds. Mic works when placing a call. Any others having problems?
    04-21-12 12:09 PM
    I haven't read all of the posts, so my apologies if this has already been mentioned. I notice one change is the display format in my call log. Instead of it being 18005551212 it is now 1 (800) 555-1212. Makes it a lot easier for me to read.
    kartguy likes this.
    04-21-12 12:09 PM
    Did some more testing with my mic: works with device analyzer, but when receiving a call, mic does not work for roughly 10 seconds. Mic works when placing a call. Any others having problems?
    Had the same problem yesterday. I haven't had any calls today, but I just tested it calling my home land line and it seems to be working. However, if it happens again I'll be going back to .267. I might anyway because of the ATT hotspot issue.
    04-21-12 12:19 PM
    This was already introduced in previous leak.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    04-21-12 12:49 PM
    I fooled around with bridge and hotspot last night using .267 and randomly have had issues keeping wifi disabled since then. When I turn it off, about 5 minutes later wifi turns itself back on. No amount of rebooting or battery pulls will fix it and the only thing that seems to stop it is if I turn off ALL connections, but while network is enabled, it does it.
    the log shows its being triggered by net.rim.ribbon.coverage: invoke = ServiceChange 36870 what ever that means...

Good excuse to load this leak me things
    and thanks to all those who have commented on this so far. Sounds like a solid build
    04-21-12 01:00 PM
    This is my first torrent, I think I've managed not to mess it up.
    https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7201331

Can someone please let me know if it's working or not? Thanks.

I've been told now that it works, it has multiple seeders and decent speeds. Thanks.
    THANKS A LOT, yes the torrent is working fine, getting 70 kbps and its a lot better then those mirror links
    Gonna seed it cause only 4 seeders there, thanks again!
    charlielefaux likes this.
    04-21-12 02:00 PM
    Had the same problem yesterday. I haven't had any calls today, but I just tested it calling my home land line and it seems to be working. However, if it happens again I'll be going back to .267. I might anyway because of the ATT hotspot issue.
    Can anyone with an ATT 9900 confirm that their microphone is working during the first 10 seconds of calls?
    04-21-12 02:12 PM
    If you have read all 14 pages then you know as much as the rest of us.

No one seems to be having any major issues with this OS.

Best thing to do is give it a try for yourself, so far there doesn't seem to be a good reason not to.

I've had it installed for 24 hours now with no issues.
    hey Legal buddy,

have u noticed any better battery with this one? i know it's only been 24+ hours but i'm sure you'd notice something by now. cause i love .342 so i don't really wanna update unless the batt is better. even slightly.

thanx.
    04-21-12 03:04 PM
    Can anyone with an ATT 9900 confirm that their microphone is working during the first 10 seconds of calls?
    On att here and had problems the 1st day. All seems well today after a few calls.
    04-21-12 03:18 PM
    I haven't read all of the posts, so my apologies if this has already been mentioned. I notice one change is the display format in my call log. Instead of it being 18005551212 it is now 1 (800) 555-1212. Makes it a lot easier for me to read.
    are you using the hotspot feature for free? i want to use a newer OS but i don't want to lose the free hotspot feature (and i know i shouldn't use it but my data is unlimited). i have .074...very old
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    04-21-12 04:35 PM
    I am also having mic issues. It is not working on either incoming our outgoing calls. It does not work with a bluetooth headset or an attached headset or when on speakerphone. Before I roll back, any suggestions?
    04-21-12 04:49 PM
    are you using the hotspot feature for free? i want to use a newer OS but i don't want to lose the free hotspot feature (and i know i shouldn't use it but my data is unlimited). i have .074...very old
    Yes, for me mobile hotspot is free. I have the unlimited plan also.
    04-21-12 04:57 PM
    I am also having mic issues. It is not working on either incoming our outgoing calls. It does not work with a bluetooth headset or an attached headset or when on speakerphone. Before I roll back, any suggestions?
    afraid i'm rolling back too.

looks to be a great os other than this issue
    04-21-12 06:14 PM
    The thing is .. its true, when you install a new release over an old one, something gets cleared out and the phone is super responsive for a few days. Then after a while it becomes slow as molasses again. This pattern repeats with every OS update I do, and I've done many. It's the one thing that drives me nuts about blackberries. I wish it could maintain the speediness you see directly after doing an update.
    Apparently you've never owned a computer running any version of Windows ...
    04-21-12 06:41 PM
    So far have not experienced this issue with my TMo 9900. I've probably received/made at least a dozen calls since I loaded .402 yesterday.

04-21-12 06:46 PM
    Apparently you've never owned a computer running any version of Windows ...
    Mac's OS X Lion ain't no Saint. It gets really lag-gy after just a few months post-installation. Windows 8 is going to shame Mac OS X for being complacent I think.
    04-21-12 07:20 PM
555 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD