That long list of applications you're running might have something to do with it. I only run a handful of applications and the free memory fluctuates up and down a lot more that 25 MB. 90 MB may be a threshold for the garbage collector to kick in.
    Ok, will clean up a little and try with less apps.
    05-09-12 02:23 AM
    Yes, unfortunately battery life seems to be compromised in .402. Disappointing.
    The reason some people are getting mixed experiencies with battery life is mainly related to the radio file... People who are experiencing a bad radio signal will get worse battery life. This is because your device needs to use more juice to try and get a better signal from the nearest tower.

I had a similiar experience with .342 but I�m fine with .402.

Obviously radio files work better with some carriers than with others, that is one of the reasons for not everybody releasing the same official OS version.

Les us hope that the next version to pop up will give a better signal experience!!
    05-09-12 06:11 AM
    i got a good battery life on .402 the first day...more than 30 hours....but i could not duplicate the same feat in the succeeding days.

Memory leak was another issue. There was hardly any leak the first few days. but deteriorated in the next few days.

Furthermore, beweather sometimes cannot see my location regardless my manual updates. sometimes it works, sometimes, not. BBtraffic has difficulty locking on to a gps signal too.

So i tried .391 last night. BBtraffic locks on to gps almost immediately and beweather seems to locate me right away.

As to battery and memory leak, i cannot give details less than 24 hours into this OS. But let's see in the next few days....
    05-09-12 10:02 AM
    05-09-12 04:01 PM
    Shout out to scouts36 and mss-ca,

thanks to you both, i was able to solve the problems on my phone. Reloaded the OS, carefully reinstalled the apps and found out that COD file called "net_rim_bbid_.."was causing the problem. Left it out during installation and that did it.
    Once again, thank you. U guys rock!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-09-12 05:17 PM
    Today i got my Memory to get Error, i had to format it... yea i know i have many songs but i never had any issue with the other Leaks, But Thankfully, My PC could opened it so i copied all the Pictures and videos ...

Now moving my Music again...
    05-09-12 05:48 PM
    Ok, will clean up a little and try with less apps.
    No use, went from 128 to 44 within 24 hours.

Will try without any apps installed.
    05-10-12 02:16 AM
    Hey,

First off I spent 5 hours last night attempting to update .402 then .391.

I managed to download .402 OS earlier - deleted the only vendor file i could find then followed Elite 1's OS update instructions.

I have download to my BB via app loader and after I downloaded via bb DM. Neither have worked and my .342 still remains on my bb.

I am using windows xp atm btw. I followed Elites1's trouble shooting vendor file part - ''Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML''

I am unable to find the 'application data' part.

I would appreciate any help or even better an OTA link which would take hours but would be quicker

Thanks
    05-10-12 09:18 AM
    I am using windows xp atm btw. I followed Elites1's trouble shooting vendor file part - ''Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML''

I am unable to find the 'application data' part.

I would appreciate any help or even better an OTA link which would take hours but would be quicker

Thanks
    If I remember correctly, I think that folder is hidden, so you need to go to the folder options and tick the show all the hidden files and folders option.
    05-10-12 11:30 AM
    Ive finally managed it !!!!!

I rememred I use to restart my laptop after the laptop to DM download................it appeared in DM and loaded fine as usual after that.

Im going to make a note to restart at that point for next time as I dont remember reading it on any of the thread's.
    05-10-12 12:20 PM
    Hi guys, I started to have this problem in AppWorld: "Cannot get new token due to device offline state. (Error Id: 40761)" Any idea?

Sent from my Bells (BB 9900) using Tapatalk
    05-10-12 03:26 PM
    Hi guys, I started to have this problem in AppWorld: "Cannot get new token due to device offline state. (Error Id: 40761)" Any idea?

Use Alt-RST. Then try again.
    05-10-12 03:33 PM
    Use Alt-RST. Then try again.

Thanks, I tried, but it didn't help..Any other solution?

05-10-12 03:42 PM
    Thanks, I tried, but it didn't help..Any other solution?

Maybe try a battery pull if you haven't already done so, or remove appworld, then reinstall it?
    05-10-12 03:53 PM
    Maybe try a battery pull if you haven't already done so, or remove appworld, then reinstall it?

Nope, I've deleted, did battery pull, reinstall and the error is still there..don't know, what to do with it..

05-10-12 04:22 PM
    Nope, I've deleted, did battery pull, reinstall and the error is still there..don't know, what to do with it..

Worse case scenario: Do a security wipe, or reload the OS clean, then do a selective restore with only the essentuals: skip everything but options, theme settings and icon arrangement, contacts (addressbook), memopad, calender, browser bookmarks.

Something is obviously causing a disturbance.
    05-10-12 04:27 PM
    So I've been running .402 for a few days now and I thought I'd toss in my 2 cents. Also to let you know I upgraded from the latest Rogers official of 7.0 to this.

1) Memory leak is very noticeable as the day goes on. Phone gets a tad sluggish.

2) Haven't seen anyone mention this yet but when I click the notification bar at the top to view a text or answer a facebook message, the notification still remains even after I open or respond! I have to close the notification bar and then re-open it for it to clear.

3) Facebook messages and BBM group messages appear under Messages (which is cool and it's always done this for me) but they also appear under Messages when I open the notification bar at the top (not cool as I see it under Messages and also BBM). Hopefully that makes some sense.

4) Battery seems about the same to me. My usage changes so much day to day. If I had to guess I would say it's slightly worse.
    05-11-12 08:15 PM
    Worse case scenario: Do a security wipe, or reload the OS clean, then do a selective restore with only the essentuals: skip everything but options, theme settings and icon arrangement, contacts (addressbook), memopad, calender, browser bookmarks.

Something is obviously causing a disturbance.
    I think, I will wait for a new BIS data plan, If that won't help, I'm gonna wipe it and reload..Now I am getting: "BBID token is expired. (Error Id: 40631)"
    05-12-12 05:02 AM
    Radio is quite jumpy for me on this one.
    05-12-12 06:25 AM
    Radio is quite jumpy for me on this one.

You can try .391 from Rogers, I think it's better than .402, more stable and stronger signal strenght...

05-12-12 07:31 AM
    5) Screen doesn't fade to black while plugged in while in bedside mode. Some how though I feel there is a setting to deal with this?
    05-12-12 08:12 AM
    You can try .391 from Rogers, I think it's better than .402, more stable and stronger signal strenght...

Totally agree with what you say about the radio on .391.

For me on Voda UK last night I was getting a signal in a couple of Bars where with every previous build I had a big red SOS !!!

Also noticed slower battery drain when travelling in the car for work (do on average 100 miles a day between varying locations) which suggests to me that when on the move I am also getting a better signal.
    05-12-12 09:55 AM
    According to you, I can replace the firmware 402, with 391 radio? Thanks
    05-12-12 01:40 PM
    You can install the whole .391 OS i believe.
    05-12-12 03:04 PM

Yah, i'm not sure yet i still need my phone for my work and usual, so i can't really miss it. Maybe i'm gonna give it a try and update it tonight. Noticing the signal is just way too jumpy for me on this one.
    05-12-12 03:06 PM
555 ... 1920212223
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD