Perhaps in the future, whenever we post a new OS for the 9900, we could just cut and paste this question, along with the 'too soon to tell' comments. It would save members from having to type it out every time. It could just automatically be the first 3 or 4 comments, and perhaps eliminate the 'first' posts too.
    You forgot the question about Chinese language support.
    05-01-12 04:19 AM
    Lol why that so?
    I just don't think it's good enough to go official, especially with that restrictive IT Policy embedded.
    I've heard that .405 is better, also .431 and .438 have been spotted for the 9900.
    05-01-12 07:24 AM
    To Phill_UK

Hi, have you ever heard about some problems connecting BB 9900 to Mac as a modem? Cause I tried it even on Windows (both bluetooth/USB) but still no success (Gettin PPP network error). Do you have any idea?

Sent from my Bells (BB 9900) using Tapatalk
    05-01-12 11:00 AM
    I just don't think it's good enough to go official, especially with that restrictive IT Policy embedded.
    I've heard that .405 is better, also .431 and .438 have been spotted for the 9900.
    402 was leaked on a bulk of devices. Chances are it was sent to a major carrier for testing. We may or may not see but you I have a feeling we will. This is a solid build.
    05-01-12 04:38 PM
    my torch 9860 slows down when i use the music player and the sound is pretty bad when i pause and play a track had to downgrade any solutions??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    05-01-12 04:43 PM
    Can any one help in the browser cod files from any previous 7.1 OS as i have problem in text encoding for arabic language while browsing the internet. thanks
    05-01-12 06:17 PM
    Malfunction in what terms?

Sent from my Tool, not the 'Toy'
    The SixTool always turns my volume keys to application launch keys. But with this build, it suddenly stop working. If I reboot the phone, it come back to working condition.

The app itself may need an upgrade to work with this new OS. The previous OS 7.1 I had no issues at all.
    05-01-12 06:24 PM
    While I agree with you, I don't think this IT policy issue is a problem for most of the consumers out there... so, there is a very high possibility this OS will go official. I found some apps do not work well with this build compared to previous OS 7.1 builds for some reason.
    05-01-12 06:26 PM
    Anyone having an issue with brightness fluctuating all over the place!?
    05-01-12 11:38 PM
    402 was leaked on a bulk of devices. Chances are it was sent to a major carrier for testing. We may or may not see but you I have a feeling we will. This is a solid build.
    I'm not so sure about that, my device bricked running this OS build (and I mean seriously bricked - tried everything but couldn't get it to boot again)

I found that this happened when I was using the music player. I paused a track using the convenience key between the hard volume controls and left the device in my pocket.

Pulled it out after about half hr and it was off (I note that it felt a bit warm) - hasn't booted since...
    05-02-12 01:14 PM
    I'm not so sure about that, my device bricked running this OS build (and I mean seriously bricked - tried everything but couldn't get it to boot again)

I found that this happened when I was using the music player. I paused a track using the convenience key between the hard volume controls and left the device in my pocket.

Pulled it out after about half hr and it was off (I note that it felt a bit warm) - hasn't booted since...
    Warranty exchange I guess.
    05-02-12 02:39 PM
    Hi every body, This is my first post to this forum.
    I am using 9900, and I was reading all the views and various topics about ver 402 and old one.

just to share my experience...I am now on ver.402 and satisfied completely.

No Battery Drain issues, no hangup, battery pull and speed issues..all gone smooth.
    using whatsapp, bbm, text msg, emails, ilock, camera, etc etc and almost 2 to 3 hours talk time a day and phone works almost 24 hours on one charge.

on earlier versions..it works for 6 to 8 hours max.
    Thanks to the forum and guys for their ideas and views, which helped me to enjoy my BB again.
    05-03-12 12:54 AM
    Were you on 2G or 3G most of the time to achieve almost 24 hours on one charge?

Hi every body, This is my first post to this forum.
    I am using 9900, and I was reading all the views and various topics about ver 402 and old one.

just to share my experience...I am now on ver.402 and satisfied completely.

No Battery Drain issues, no hangup, battery pull and speed issues..all gone smooth.
    using whatsapp, bbm, text msg, emails, ilock, camera, etc etc and almost 2 to 3 hours talk time a day and phone works almost 24 hours on one charge.

on earlier versions..it works for 6 to 8 hours max.
    Thanks to the forum and guys for their ideas and views, which helped me to enjoy my BB again.
    05-03-12 01:50 AM
    Were you on 2G or 3G most of the time to achieve almost 24 hours on one charge?
    Its on 2G.
    05-03-12 04:49 AM
    hi guys,

i might need some of yr opinions. few days ago i tried to load this OS onto my phone, made sure everything was backed up properly (third-party apps included), wiped it clean with BBH tool. everything seems fine until i restored my apps, received notification saying "java.lang.Nullpointerexception", now i can't log into my BB id on the setup wizard and the email setup just keep saying "temporarily unavailable", which means no email ever since.

thoughts?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-03-12 05:25 AM
    hi guys,

i might need some of yr opinions. few days ago i tried to load this OS onto my phone, made sure everything was backed up properly (third-party apps included), wiped it clean with BBH tool. everything seems fine until i restored my apps, received notification saying "java.lang.Nullpointerexception", now i can't log into my BB id on the setup wizard and the email setup just keep saying "temporarily unavailable", which means no email ever since.

thoughts?

An idea...wipe the device again, reload OS .402, DO NOT RESTORE apps. Do a a battery pull. Now do a selective restore of apps and data (but do not include any third party apps). Battery pull.... makes sure all is good... Now do a apps restore...

Tell us if this worked!!
    05-03-12 06:08 AM
    Hi there guys,
    I was wondering if anyone knew about the issue when on performing a battery pull, the text messages from a coule of days get deleted.
    Anyone have any sight on this matter? Your help would be apreciated. Thanks
    05-03-12 08:59 AM
    been running it for a few days now, the last 2 days i started noticing less battery life, did a battery pull yesterday and "problem" persists.

i've not installed any other different application than the one i've been using.

anyone been experiencing this?
    05-03-12 12:08 PM
    Hi there guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew about the issue when on performing a battery pull, the text messages from a coule of days get deleted.

Anyone have any sight on this matter? Your help would be apreciated. Thanks

Never heard of this issue. Most possibly not related with OS version. I would try a clean install.

05-03-12 05:41 PM
    been running it for a few days now, the last 2 days i started noticing less battery life, did a battery pull yesterday and "problem" persists.

i've not installed any other different application than the one i've been using.

I am having the same exact issue. Battery life is quite diminished. What can we do but wait for the next leak?
    05-03-12 05:49 PM
    Also experiencing an issue where sometimes if I have multiple new messages (possibly when having new texts + new email), as soon as I press Messages or Text Messages, all the new messages are instantly marked as read before it takes me into the message list view.

I missed a couple of messages before I realized this was happening, and even now when it happens I have to carefully scan the messages and compare them with what's in my memory to make sure I don't miss anything important.

Really looking forward to the next leak, but that will probably have issues too.
    05-03-12 05:55 PM
    Also experiencing an issue where sometimes if I have multiple new messages (possibly when having new texts + new email), as soon as I press Messages or Text Messages, all the new messages are instantly marked as read before it takes me into the message list view.

I missed a couple of messages before I realized this was happening, and even now when it happens I have to carefully scan the messages and compare them with what's in my memory to make sure I don't miss anything important.

Really looking forward to the next leak, but that will probably have issues too.
    So far I haven't noticed this issue on my phone. But I will pay close attention to my next email + SMS messages. This is the problem with the RIM's software updates. Compared to iPhone, the end user have to troubleshoot so many errors on even official updates. This is why iPhone is popular among most people specially those who are new to smartphones. Blackberry lacks simplicity which is a must in this market!
    05-04-12 07:56 AM

Not here... In fact, this version of the OS is very good on battery on my unit. I have several third party apps installed including apps that auto updates in the background. Battery drain is about 2-5%/hr which is very good for me.

I have the screen brightness set to the lowest possible setting of 10 to help reduce the drain rate.
    05-04-12 08:00 AM
    hi guys,

thoughts?

Reinstall the OS on your phone. Then load third-party apps one at a time. It sounds like an app or user setting you restored is causing the problem. But I highly doubt that it is a user setting causing the issue.
    05-04-12 08:03 AM
    Anyone having an issue with brightness fluctuating all over the place!?
    This has to do with the Battery Saving mode. If you set the brightness to the lowest setting, whenever you reboot the phone it will go back to 70 from 10. (increase in brightness) To fix this, turn on the battery saving mode, choose 10 and then save. Reboot and turn off the battery saving mode and reboot again.

At least I had this issue on the last leak. I didn't come across the same problem with this one.
    aQuestion likes this.
    05-04-12 08:52 AM
555 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD