Thanks Sator. I've been using .402 for the past three days. No complaint WRT the battery. The only thing that bugs me is the fluctuating signal mostly on 3G. I am not able to determine if the problem is with the Fido network in my area or the instrument or the OS. On 3G it shows all 5 bars and then gradually slides to 1 bar and stays at 1 bar. With 1 bar I can't make or receive calls, texts or email.

I will be glad to get the cods that can improve and lock the signal strength.

Thanks,
    Here is the patch, you can use BB Boss or BBH tools to inject the patch cod. (Turn the radio off and inject the cod.), it takes a few hours and battery pulls to let the cod. settle in. Try it for one day and If you don't like it, you can inject the cod. in OS .402.rar and your phone we'll be back to full OS .402....
    04-28-12 12:06 AM
    Here is the patch, you can use BB Boss or BBH tools to inject the patch cod. (Turn the radio off and inject the cod.), it takes a few hours and battery pulls to let the cod. settle in. Try it for one day and If you don't like it, you can inject the cod. in OS .402.rar and your phone we'll be back to full OS .402....
    I am also going to give this a go Sator, on WIFI my battery is awesome with 402 but as soon as i leave my house the drain is substantially worse than previous 7.1s...

will let you know how i get on but out of interest what is the other COD and why do you expect it to help? Very interested in the details

Cheers
    04-28-12 03:36 AM
    I am also going to give this a go Sator, on WIFI my battery is awesome with 402 but as soon as i leave my house the drain is substantially worse than previous 7.1s...

will let you know how i get on but out of interest what is the other COD and why do you expect it to help? Very interested in the details

Cheers
    Personally I like .402, it's pretty smooth and solid (this is my 2nd install, my first install was not pretty good in baterry drain and signal strenght). The patch is a browser cod. from 7.1.0.340 it's very responsive and good in signal strenght, some of hybriders use this cod. for their hybrid (like on OS 6, .668 browser cod. is also one of the best by far). OS with a good and stable browser cod. will also give a good effect on the battery drain.
    In your case, maybe you can wipe and re install .402 (also re check your settings and your 3rd apps), if your problem still there then you can try this browser cod.
    04-28-12 06:09 AM
    Personally I like .402, it's pretty smooth and solid (this is my 2nd install, my first install was not pretty good in baterry drain and signal strenght). The patch is a browser cod. from 7.1.0.340 it's very responsive and good in signal strenght, some of hybriders use this cod. for their hybrid (like on OS 6, .668 browser cod. is also one of the best by far). OS with a good and stable browser cod. will also give a good effect on the battery drain.

In your case, maybe you can wipe and re install .402 (also re check your settings and your 3rd apps), if your problem still there then you can try this browser cod.

thanks... im presuming that the browser cod has nothing to do with browsing the internet? what exactly does the browser cod do? thanks again Sator!
    04-28-12 06:26 AM
    First time I've ever actually have experienced better battery life after upgrading.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CB forums app
    Mi.key likes this.
    04-28-12 07:39 AM
    First time I've ever actually have experienced better battery life after upgrading.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CB forums app
    In normal weekday use battery life seems no different to previous builds.

Another matter at the weekend mainly on idle/light use. Off charge 7:30 pm yesterday. Now 2:00 pm near as makes no difference. 92% remaining, discharge rate 0.4%.

2 short calls, half a dozen texts and 3 or 4 e.mails.
    04-28-12 07:56 AM
    Battery life is really better than the previous build.
    When installed Drain was about 7.06%
    Average drain (since installation till date) 4.7%
    Presently its 2.32%
    04-28-12 08:36 AM
    Oh, I'm sorry. Wow I feel dumb now. I have never heard of that app. But to answer your questions: Bebuzz works, Six Tools works....but pretty the Third Party Apps I have installed cannot be set to Allow in the Interactions category.
    Yes, I haven't heard about until in Jan when crackberry did a post. It's really a nice and useful app, saves me from having to select 'get images' everytime on my emails.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/7146

http://crackberry.com/show-me-images-sale-only-99-cents-blackberry-appworld
    04-28-12 09:38 AM
    Did you also experience signal drop on 3G with your previous OS?
    Did you do a few battery pulls for the past 3 days?
    There is also a way to test the signal strenght, if you have a wifi connection at your Office/home, you can try it, if your phone locks pretty fast and strong than it's the Fido network, other wise it's the OS.
    First, I recommend you to wipe and re install the OS, if your problem persist then you can inject the cod. I will post the cod in a few hours.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yes, I have seen signal drop on 3G with every new OS that I have tried, regardless whether it is a leaked version or an official version. I also do a battery pull at least once a day. Fido CSR told me that if there are lots of users logging on to the network at any given moment the signal drops off, is that true?

I will try the wi-fi connection method you have suggested to test. Do I first turn off the Fido network connection and then connect to the wi-fi network and after that connect to the Fido network again to check if it connects fast or not?

I always use the BBSAK to install any fresh/new OS every time. I guess that does a clean install, correct? Could you also guide how to inject the cod?

I must say the .318+.347 hybrid has been pretty stable WRT to the connection.

Thank you for your time.
    04-28-12 09:48 AM
    Also, the latest official is .342, so why is that not available through Rogers on my phone under "software updates"?
    It's up to the carriers to decide which version they will release. To find out, you'd have to ask Rogers, but don't hold your breath for an answer.
    04-28-12 12:40 PM
    Yes, I have seen signal drop on 3G with every new OS that I have tried, regardless whether it is a leaked version or an official version. I also do a battery pull at least once a day. Fido CSR told me that if there are lots of users logging on to the network at any given moment the signal drops off, is that true?

I will try the wi-fi connection method you have suggested to test. Do I first turn off the Fido network connection and then connect to the wi-fi network and after that connect to the Fido network again to check if it connects fast or not?

I always use the BBSAK to install any fresh/new OS every time. I guess that does a clean install, correct? Could you also guide how to inject the cod?

I must say the .318+.347 hybrid has been pretty stable WRT to the connection.

Thank you for your time.
    If you feel that combo .342/.318 SFI has been pretty stable for you, I think it's better for you to stick to that combo until the next leaked or Official released.
    04-29-12 12:53 AM
    Has anybody else noticed that it constantly losses the wifi connection? it will connect and like 30 mins later it doesn't connect n this is on and off

Sent from my 9900
    04-29-12 02:38 AM
    I've been looking for a download link and here it is ! thanks alot
    04-29-12 03:38 AM
    Has anybody else noticed that it constantly losses the wifi connection? it will connect and like 30 mins later it doesn't connect n this is on and off

Sent from my 9900
    No, its works perfectly fine for me more than 30+ minutes.
    Not come accross this problem...
    04-29-12 05:48 AM
    Does it support QWERTZ keyboard layout?
    04-29-12 04:40 PM
    Does it support QWERTZ keyboard layout?
    It's obvious, it will.
    04-29-12 05:22 PM
    Installed .402 yesterday (wipe with BBSAK, install with Loader) Battery life is great. The only issue: BB Traffic wouldn't access the GPS. Kept going back and forth between NoGPS and aGPS. Re-sent service books, battery pull, works great. It's only been 36 hours, so I'll notify if anything else comes up. But for now I love it.
    04-29-12 10:48 PM
    I am getting an connector specific error when trying to sync in DM now with 402. Has anyone else had this problem? D.M reconizes the phone so I don't think it is my cord. I will switch cords and post back if it is.

New cord same problem gonna re-load
    Well that didn't work, I guess I will downgrade and see if that makes any difference. Anyone else have any ideas? I never had this problem before.
    Last edited by cdnharry; 05-01-12 at 11:23 AM. Reason: new post
    04-30-12 11:16 AM
    my bold is slowing up on the previous leak so time for this.

Lets see how this goes.
    04-30-12 02:51 PM
    I am getting an connector specific error when trying to sync in DM now with 402. Has anyone else had this problem? D.M reconizes the phone so I don't think it is my cord. I will switch cords and post back if it is.
    Try restarting the computer. Waking up from hibernation doesn't always help.
    cdnharry likes this.
    04-30-12 02:55 PM
    After using this OS since it came out, I found that some applications like SixTools malfunctions sometimes. I had to reboot several times to get it back to work.
    05-01-12 12:21 AM
    After using this OS since it came out, I found that some applications like SixTools malfunctions sometimes. I had to reboot several times to get it back to work.

Malfunction in what terms?

Sent from my Tool, not the 'Toy'
    05-01-12 12:26 AM
    Does anyone know when .402 will be officially released?
    05-01-12 02:17 AM
    Does anyone know when .402 will be officially released?
    Probably never.
    05-01-12 02:58 AM
    Probably never.
    Lol why that so?
    05-01-12 04:11 AM
555 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD