The mic trouble is just among the AT&T users? I am on O2 UK thinking about update..Thx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-26-12 05:12 AM
    The mic trouble is just among the AT&T users? I am on O2 UK thinking about update..Thx

Not seen it reported for any other carrier than AT&T.

Seems very specific to that carrier and not the OS in general.

Have read that even a new .402 Hybrid from Barracuda does not cure the issue on AT&T and that he is convinced that it is carrier related.

Awesome OS for the rest of us, give it a go.
    04-26-12 06:10 AM
    Hi,

From Bahrain on Batelco Network.
    I have upgraded to 402 on BB9900. using this leaked OS.
    I notice there is some changes in apps world once you selected you can move back and forward quicker, but then that no use if you not going there more often.

I been checking the LGLG sequence for logs and I find this warning in my Device.
    Name: System
    GUID: 97c9f5f641d25e5f
    Time: 26 Apr 2012 14:41:24
    JVM:INFOp=MYPIN,a='7.1.0.402',o='5.1.0.321',h=7001 204

Does any one get the same warning ...
    Please let me know, I use to get this in 308 too.

Thanks
    Sheldon.
    04-26-12 06:54 AM
    Not seen it reported for any other carrier than AT&T.

Seems very specific to that carrier and not the OS in general.

Have read that even a new .402 Hybrid from Barracuda does not cure the issue on AT&T and that he is convinced that it is carrier related.

Awesome OS for the rest of us, give it a go.

For sure I did (addicted Gonna report after some usage..

04-26-12 09:19 AM
    I been checking the LGLG sequence for logs and I find this warning in my Device.
    Name: System
    GUID: 97c9f5f641d25e5f
    Time: 26 Apr 2012 14:41:24
    JVM:INFOp=MYPIN,a='7.1.0.402',o='5.1.0.321',h=7001 204

Does any one get the same warning ...
    Please let me know, I use to get this in 308 too.

Thanks
    Sheldon.

Everyone gets the same warning. There are 2 of them, and they've been there since OS6. Nothing to worry about.
    04-26-12 09:41 AM
    Hi guys... tried to update this last night and got no where. All the instructions I find online are from 2008/2009.
    I'm from android and only switched over due to my Playbook so I'm not new to flashing different OS on my devices.
    Could someone please point me to recent instructions on how to do this?
    Thanks ahead of time.
    ***excuse my frustration but spent 2 hours getting absolutely no where with this and google was no help.
    04-26-12 10:01 AM
    Hi guys... tried to update this last night and got no where. All the instructions I find online are from 2008/2009.
    I'm from android and only switched over due to my Playbook so I'm not new to flashing different OS on my devices.
    Could someone please point me to recent instructions on how to do this?
    Thanks ahead of time.
    ***excuse my frustration but spent 2 hours getting absolutely no where with this and google was no help.
    The process hasn't changed so it should work if you follow the instructions.

Install DM. (Be sure DM is communicating with your device.)

Install the device OS. (Reboot your PC.)

If the device OS is not for your carrier, you will need to remove 2 vendor.html files. The locations are documented elsewhere or you can use vendelete or some other tool such as BBSAK or bbhtool to remove them. When people have problems with upgrades, this is almost always the problem. BE SURE YOU REMOVE THE VENDOR FILES.

At this point, there are several ways you can go.

Either connect your phone to the PC and start DM (which should recognize the available update and inform you according) or you can use loader, which is documented elsewhere. If you use DM, it will back up your phone and restore it again after the upgrade. I don't recall if loader will back up your phone and restore it after.

When the upgrade starts, do not disconnect your phone and be patient, as it takes a while.
    dominoes20 likes this.
    04-26-12 11:27 AM
    Tried to swap the sfi from .318 onto this BUT got "APP ERROR 200" while installing OS - thus it landed me into a whole set of trouble like use JL Cmdr to fully wipe to error 507 and then re-install .402 with the stock sfi to restore the 9900.

Can someone pitch in as to How I may be able to get the 318 sfi into this 402 cods and load ? Seems to me some compatibility issues ...

will try and throw something quick ASAP ... give me a few days.
    @ zocster : Just checking - if you got a chance to check this out ...
    04-26-12 11:32 AM
    The process hasn't changed so it should work if you follow the instructions.

Install DM. (Be sure DM is communicating with your device.)

Install the device OS. (Reboot your PC.)

If the device OS is not for your carrier, you will need to remove 2 vendor.html files. The locations are documented elsewhere or you can use vendelete or some other tool such as BBSAK or bbhtool to remove them. When people have problems with upgrades, this is almost always the problem. BE SURE YOU REMOVE THE VENDOR FILES.

At this point, there are several ways you can go.

Either connect your phone to the PC and start DM (which should recognize the available update and inform you according) or you can use loader, which is documented elsewhere. If you use DM, it will back up your phone and restore it again after the upgrade. I don't recall if loader will back up your phone and restore it after.

When the upgrade starts, do not disconnect your phone and be patient, as it takes a while.
    Noticed this on another post... i could only find one Vendor file... When I get home I'll use the tool to see if that works... Thanks... Was up late last night and very frustrated but I guess it's always like this the first time
    04-26-12 11:49 AM
    I'm an AT&T user and am having serious issues with the mic. Seems to be real sporadic and since I'm a relatively new blackberry user, I was wondering if there was anyway someone could walk me through uninstalling this OS and then downloading a previous version or the official version so I don't have to worry about not getting calls. Thanks so much.
    04-26-12 12:13 PM
    I'm an AT&T user and am having serious issues with the mic. Seems to be real sporadic and since I'm a relatively new blackberry user, I was wondering if there was anyway someone could walk me through uninstalling this OS and then downloading a previous version or the official version so I don't have to worry about not getting calls. Thanks so much.
    Using Windows, uninstall.402 from your PC. DO NOT JUST SIMPLY DELETE IT.

Download and install the new OS you want to run.

Delete Vendor.xml files (may be 2 of them)

Open DM and connect phone, DM should recognise the OS you have just installed on your computer.

Back Up and install on phone.
    04-26-12 01:07 PM
    Using Windows, uninstall.402 from your PC. DO NOT JUST SIMPLY DELETE IT.

Download and install the new OS you want to run.

Delete Vendor.xml files (may be 2 of them)

Open DM and connect phone, DM should recognise the OS you have just installed on your computer.

Back Up and install on phone.
    Legal Eagle, thanks so much for the info. One last question -

Where do I find the vendor files and how do I delete them. Again, I really appreciate all the help.
    04-26-12 02:08 PM

Where do I find the vendor files and how do I delete them. Again, I really appreciate all the help.
    Try this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...e-tool-709922/

I'm going to use it when I leave the office to update mine too
    04-26-12 02:42 PM

Use window search or if you want to use a utility, try vendelete, bbsak or bbhtool. If you search this thread you will probably find several references. Practically every other post is about the vendor files.
    04-26-12 02:43 PM
    Much appreciated guys. I really liked all the other functions .402 offered but if I can't trust the microphone, well.... I'm screwed. Hopefully, there will be something in the future to correct the problem w/ AT&T carriers.
    04-26-12 03:36 PM
    Wow such a simple fix (Vendelete) and update was a breeze. Thanks guys!
    04-26-12 06:59 PM
    Hi all,

has anyone been experiencing problems with BB Traffic like I have? I have what is essentially full power and using Traffic. All of a sudden, the screen will black out but still give me voice directions (I still have full battery power) or, return to the home screen. I'm also getting more "loss of GPS signal" more often than in compared to the previous OS. If this is a consistent problem, I'm going to have to roll this back bc I use the Traffic problem a lot. Thanks
    04-26-12 09:08 PM
    I can now use BBM over wifi while mobile network is off , i can't do that on previous versions of 7.1
    04-26-12 10:37 PM
    It is my understanding that deleting vendor.xml files in leaked versions of the OS is not necessary. I have installed several leaked OS's including .402 without deleting a single vendor.xml file.

However, it is necessary to delete the vendor.xml file(s) for official OS not coming from your carrier.
    04-26-12 11:19 PM
    Hey guys, do you have also problem connecting your BB9900 through bluetooth/USB to Mac as a Modem?? Cause I have PPP network problem..Even a Wifi hotspot doesnt work (APN settings OK - I can use it on mobile). Don't have BIS/BES..just data plan. Thx

Sent from my Bells (BB 9900) using Tapatalk
    04-27-12 04:00 AM
    Hey guys, do you have also problem connecting your BB9900 through bluetooth/USB to Mac as a Modem?? Cause I have PPP network problem..Even a Wifi hotspot doesnt work (APN settings OK - I can use it on mobile). Don't have BIS/BES..just data plan. Thx

You'll have to use a BIS (blackberry internet service) data plan for it to work as a mobile hotspot and modem. There is no way around it. Contact your carrier and have them switch around the data plan.
    04-27-12 04:04 AM
    I used previous BB9780 through bluetooth/USB without any problem(not having BIS/BES) just 500MB data plan..Why does BB9900 show me PPP network problem (on Mac)?

04-27-12 04:46 AM
    It is my understanding that deleting vendor.xml files in leaked versions of the OS is not necessary. I have installed several leaked OS's including .402 without deleting a single vendor.xml file.

However, it is necessary to delete the vendor.xml file(s) for official OS not coming from your carrier.
    This is true, as leaked OS do not have a carrier signature in the vendor file. You can install a leaked file without deleting vendor file.. but as a general policy deleting the vendor file/s is never wrong!!
    04-27-12 06:41 AM
    Okay. I used vendelete to remove all the xml files an downloaded .342 but when I open up DM, it still says there is no update for my phone? Any other suggestions?
    04-27-12 07:43 AM
    Did you install the OS on your computer, did you delete the vendor files after installing the OS?
    04-27-12 07:46 AM
555 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD