I updated to 402 and my adio mic does not work. if a do a battery pull it comes back but from only 1 or 2 phone calls. I can hear them but they cannot hear me? any suggestions I'm getting very fustrated!!
    OK I only read the first 14 pages before updating then realized this is a BIG problem with ATT. Going back to .342. First time I have ever rolled back in 5 years!!
    Last edited by swegeman; 04-24-12 at 06:00 PM.
    04-24-12 03:50 PM
    I've been having the same issue with my bold 9900 on at&t so I went back to .342 since I can't have that issue messing with me. But seemed like a solid build though from what I did so far on it.
    04-24-12 05:28 PM
    Got .402 loaded....

Few battery pulls this evening, full charge overnight and see how this goes.

I don't have the mic issue and I'm going to first of all test it on '3G' only.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CB forums app
    04-24-12 06:20 PM
    After installing 402, I have been unable to pair my BB 9900 with DM on my computer through Bluetooth. I checked other BB 9900s with an OS earlier than 402 and under Bluetooth options, my Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass checkboxes are grayed out while theirs are checked off. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?
    Yes, the bluetooth doesn't mach properly, even reinstalling manually the LP com ports drivers, doesn't fix the issue neither the 342 CODs
    04-24-12 06:36 PM
    Wow, seeing all the idle stats that people posted of 1%-2% makes me wonder why I even thought my 3%-4% idle rate for .342 was considered good. Before then on .267, the idle rate for me was like 5%-7%

I have another question: under .342 sometimes when I'm using the browser and socialscope, the drain rate can sometimes shoot up to a range of 7%-19%. Is it just the applications I'm using that demands a lot? I just load up forums and read thru it, and for socialscope, I just click on the links to view websites such as engadget, omgfacts.
    04-24-12 06:57 PM
    YES, the Telus wifi hotspot still works!

and

I will get back to you on the BBM, Twitter and other app versions soon...

Also, during installation, I had an issue which the device was stuck in restore data step. So, I just forced quite the loader.exe and then went back to DM to restore data from a previous back up. I am in the process of doing it and will let you guys knows how it goes. This is strange because I did several leak OS updates and never came across this problem before.
    I too, had the same issue...but then again i forgot to delete the vendor file (not sure if this is related).
    04-24-12 07:45 PM
    Anyone else notice that with the Battery Watch Application, where there used to be a battery icon and the percentage of remaining battery in the notification bar there is now only the percentage and nolonger the bettery icon??

Tried looking in the options of the Battery Watch application but could not find it
    Yup! I thought it was something i messed up.
    04-24-12 08:12 PM
    Nope, what version of the messenger are you running?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

i just did it again, as soon as i hit any key in the BBM contact list it hangs... every single time... i can escape but i can't get back into bbm

besides that i'm loving this build over previous 7.1 builds
    Last edited by rayzian; 04-24-12 at 08:16 PM.
    04-24-12 08:13 PM
    The first comment / question is who would you expect to fix this issue, other than RIM? It could be they were not aware of it because it was not tested on AT&T phones and/or the AT&T network. The second comment is that this OS hasn't been released. It was leaked. There is a big difference. Unless / until it is released by your carrier, all bets are off. Considering there is this microphone problem, it's safe to say there will be another version that gets released by AT&T.
    As I stated, I would expect that someone who knows about making hybrids would be able to fix it by combining some files from a previous OS. We don't need RIM to fix it. I'm sure It would be quite simple to fix if someone knew which files to replace.
    04-24-12 11:32 PM
    Download > Install on PC > Delete Vendor > Back up > Complete Wipe > Install on Device > Complete restore.

So far, working fine. Haven't come across any issues.
    04-25-12 12:00 AM

i just did it again, as soon as i hit any key in the BBM contact list it hangs... every single time... i can escape but i can't get back into bbm

Working fine here. (using the same version).
    Have you tried uninstalling BBM (I think it is possible from Application Management) and re-installing again?
    04-25-12 12:03 AM
    As I stated, I would expect that someone who knows about making hybrids would be able to fix it by combining some files from a previous OS. We don't need RIM to fix it. I'm sure It would be quite simple to fix if someone knew which files to replace.
    I don't share your opinion. I guess we'll see what happens. I expect another OS wil address the problem.
    04-25-12 12:54 AM
    you'll be pushing Sh*t uphill if things are coded into the radio/sfi file. But sure swapping around phone modules is poss.
    04-25-12 01:04 AM
    Hello..

I installed the os, Deleted the vendor file, but the apploader doesnt recognise any os installed .. it works with previous leaked os .. im having the issue just with this os. could u help please

thanks.
    04-25-12 01:06 AM

An OS reload is on the cards.

1. Turn your wireless off.
    2. Do a complete backup of your device.
    3. Wipe your device.
    4. Reload your OS.
    5. Pull batt.
    6. Restore data with DM.
    7. Pull batt.
    8. Turn your wireless on.

Please note, use these files if you wish to load the latest FB, Twitter and BBM. Alx goes where they are and the cods go into the java folder. Keep us posted, as the new bbm 6.2 is one of the best ones released

Cheers
    04-25-12 01:18 AM
    Has anyone noticed a problem with Slideshow to Go? Not opening presentations. It worked on previous builds.
    04-25-12 05:54 AM
    Thing is, everyone's conception of heavy and light usuage is different.... That's the base of people's battery problems in my opinion.

I consider myself a heavy user as I'm more or less always BBM'ing, whatsapp'ing or texting... Checking UberSocial and Facebook every half hour or so. Probably recieved about 10 emails a day?

Other's would consider that light usage compared to their phone calls, 100's of emails etc etc.

-----------------------------
    More on subject.... Down to 64% after 6 hours of fairly heavy BBM and Whatsapp usage on 3G. This time yesterday on .276 I was sitting about about 40%
    04-25-12 06:11 AM
    Has anyone noticed a problem with Slideshow to Go? Not opening presentations. It worked on previous builds.

The problem is yet to be fixed. If someone can tell me which version works, I would like a copy. Thanks

04-25-12 06:33 AM
    Think I'll pass on this one since there seems to be a problem with AT&T phones and the mic not working. Hopefully someone finds a fix because this OS sounds pretty good
    04-25-12 08:39 AM
    Hello
    I got a question:
    Is this os better than 7.0.0.503 with battery life?
    I know the cods are better etc.
    But i need a good battery so people who had .503 installed let me know!!!
    Last edited by WindOfRage; 04-25-12 at 12:57 PM.
    04-25-12 11:25 AM
    one of the good things of OS 7.1 is that it is much better in what respects to battery than any 7.0 version.
    You could upgrade and test .402 and see how it works.

Consider the mic issue that ATT users are having.
    In my case .402 has proven to be the best 7.1 OS so far!

04-25-12 01:00 PM
    I cannot get it to install the net_rim_api_wlan_hotspot.cod from an earlier version to use the T-Mobile hotspot feature. I can delete the existing COD file ok using BBSAK but then it just hangs when I try and install an earlier version. I can re-install the current COD without any problems.

Has anyone else had this issue??
    04-25-12 01:15 PM
    This OS idles on fresh air... Get 3.0% per hour under heavy usage on Wi-Fi 5 bars of 3G. prior it was probably 6... Lots of BBM and e-Mails, all read. 10 mins of browsing, 10 mins of twitter (per hour). Also 35-40 mins of calls er day. Much better than .267.
    Last edited by Jake90087; 04-25-12 at 01:41 PM.
    04-25-12 01:33 PM
    Does this update AllLanguages?
    I need english and norwegian!

Thx
    04-25-12 01:45 PM
    I believe it has the languages you want even if it is just a multi-language version.

Does this update AllLanguages?
    I need english and norwegian!

Thx
    04-26-12 04:48 AM
555 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD