Oh wow.. That's impressive. Is ur GPS / Location service on? Are you using 3G? Do you have apps running in the background e.g FB and/or Twitter?

I'm using .318 at the moment. The idle discharge rate fluctuates between 2-3.5% which is not bad - I think. Or is it?

I think that was good! my phone only idle when i sleep.. so, if your discharge rate was when your idling for meeting or anything else but not because you are sleeping. It was great! that my opinion.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-24-12 06:01 AM
    I think that was good! my phone only idle when i sleep.. so, if your discharge rate was when your idling for meeting or anything else but not because you are sleeping. It was great! that my opinion.

Hmmm... I might have made a mistake. I think the idle discharge rate is actually higher than that especially if I switch on gps / the location service.

I think I'm going to try .402

Thanks, anyway.
    04-24-12 06:11 AM
    Hmmm... I might have made a mistake. I think the idle discharge rate is actually higher than that especially if I switch on gps / the location service.

I think I'm going to try .402

Thanks, anyway.

Do you have any app that use location service?

04-24-12 07:00 AM
    Blah!

I wish people would stop comparing batt drain rate, as there is no way on earth we use our devices the same way.

Network conditions are also different.

You need to try it out yourself.

04-24-12 07:17 AM
    Do you have any app that use location service?

Only BlackBerry Protect.
    04-24-12 07:30 AM
    Only BlackBerry Protect.

So do I.

Zocster was right! There is no way our battery drain same. Just choose the best OS for us.

I just can't hold back myself from having the latest build in my phone not matter what the result it is.

04-24-12 07:47 AM
    Idles on fresh air with 5 bars of 3G at home. Went for 5 hours with MeterBerry showing 99+ last night with maybe half a dozen e.mails.

On calls, seems to be using around 1% of battery for every 5 minutes of use, again with 5 bars of 3G.

Installed within minutes of the leak dropping, no issues to report.
    MrVeda likes this.
    04-24-12 08:52 AM
    Liking the battery feedback, I'll be loading my 9900 with this later.

I usually stick to 2G (I'm running .267) which usually gives me about 16 hours battery with heavy usage. The past couple of days have been using 3G+2G to see how bad it is.... I get about 6 hours before I need to charge it again.

Hoping this does improve as I really want to keep my 3G on, but not expecting it to.
    04-24-12 09:22 AM
    Liking the battery feedback, I'll be loading my 9900 with this later.

I usually stick to 2G (I'm running .267) which usually gives me about 16 hours battery with heavy usage. The past couple of days have been using 3G+2G to see how bad it is.... I get about 6 hours before I need to charge it again.

Hoping this does improve as I really want to keep my 3G on, but not expecting it to.
    How does it do using the 3G only setting ?

I have found using that to be far better on the battery than the 2G/3G option which is a killer IMO.
    04-24-12 09:26 AM
    How does it do using the 3G only setting ?

I have found using that to be far better on the battery than the 2G/3G option which is a killer IMO.
    That I'm not sure?? I assumed that the 3G/2G would be better as when I'm not in 3G range, I'll still have reception... I'll give that a try. Cheers
    04-24-12 10:01 AM
    That I'm not sure?? I assumed that the 3G/2G would be better as when I'm not in 3G range, I'll still have reception... I'll give that a try. Cheers
    Trouble with the 2G/3G option is that it is constantly searching for the best signal available and using juice doing so.

In the UK I have found that even a very weak 3G signal uses less battery than the 2G/3G option and it's rare I drop coverage completely even when travelling for work.
    Jake90087 likes this.
    04-24-12 10:06 AM
    Trouble with the 2G/3G option is that it is constantly searching for the best signal available and using juice doing so.

In the UK I have found that even a very weak 3G signal uses less battery than the 2G/3G option and it's rare I drop coverage completely even when travelling for work.
    I see.... Makes sense!

I'll upgrade later and see what using the 3G only option does.
    04-24-12 10:12 AM

I'll have to try that to be honest! Apart from when I know I'm in 2G.
    04-24-12 10:39 AM
    anyone else's BBM freeze up in this build? i noticed it only happens if i type to search someones name in BBM and it'll hang up... i can escape out but opening BBM hangs until i battery pull.... VERY annoying
    04-24-12 10:42 AM
    This OS is amazing on the battery. Last time I charged the phone was 24 hours ago. The battery consumption rate up to last night was 2.7% per hour. Not heavy use, but it definitely wasn't idling all day. I left it on overnight with bluetooth, wifi and H+. This morning, the average consumption rate had fallen to 1.7%. The battery is still at 55%. This is definitely the best OS on battery that I've used so far and it's rock solid for reliability as well.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    04-24-12 10:44 AM
    This OS is amazing on the battery. Last time I charged the phone was 24 hours ago. The battery consumption rate up to last night was 2.7% per hour. Not heavy use, but it definitely wasn't idling all day. I left it on overnight with bluetooth, wifi and H+. This morning, the average consumption rate had fallen to 1.7%. The battery is still at 55%. This is definitely the best OS on battery that I've used so far and it's rock solid for reliability as well.
    Like the sound of that..... Is H+ equivalent to 3G?
    04-24-12 11:20 AM
    Yes, fancy lingo North American carriers use to disguise their fast 3G networks and make them sound better.
    04-24-12 12:21 PM
    No, but almost yes...=)
    Evolved HSPA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    04-24-12 01:20 PM
    getting 0.4%/hr battery idle on this build with a Rogers 9900. Previously I have the 7.0.0.545/585 hybrid on my phone which is considered to be one of the best for battery life and I was getting 1.3%/hr discharge at best. I think this might be a very very solid build for battery life. RF has been great as well but too early to tell other things
    04-24-12 01:51 PM
    I am surprised no one has come up with a fix for this microphone issue. There must be some files from a previous os that can be combined with this one to fix this issue. The OS works great otherwise and is the fastest, smoothest OS I have tried, but I can't be unable to make calls. The fact that this OS got released this way is beyond f***ing stupid! Don't they test these things out at all before just releasing them? Yes, it is a leaked version, but I've never heard of an instance where a leaked OS was different than the official version of the same OS. Can anyone out there who knows about making hybrids help me combine some .342 files with this os so that I am able to use it?
    04-24-12 02:15 PM
    I am surprised no one has come up with a fix for this microphone issue. There must be some files from a previous os that can be combined with this one to fix this issue. The OS works great otherwise and is the fastest, smoothest OS I have tried, but I can't be unable to make calls. The fact that this OS got released this way is beyond f***ing stupid! Don't they test these things out at all before just releasing them? Yes, it is a leaked version, but I've never heard of an instance where a leaked OS was different than the official version of the same OS. Can anyone out there who knows about making hybrids help me combine some .342 files with this os so that I am able to use it?
    And not all leaks become official, maybe there is a reason for that !!!
    04-24-12 02:21 PM
    The first comment / question is who would you expect to fix this issue, other than RIM? It could be they were not aware of it because it was not tested on AT&T phones and/or the AT&T network. The second comment is that this OS hasn't been released. It was leaked. There is a big difference. Unless / until it is released by your carrier, all bets are off. Considering there is this microphone problem, it's safe to say there will be another version that gets released by AT&T.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    04-24-12 02:45 PM
    After installing 402, I have been unable to pair my BB 9900 with DM on my computer through Bluetooth. I checked other BB 9900s with an OS earlier than 402 and under Bluetooth options, my Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass checkboxes are grayed out while theirs are checked off. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?
    04-24-12 03:13 PM
    No issues.bluetooth, hotspot, wifi, everythign else working. and wa better battery life over .342
    04-24-12 03:35 PM
    anyone else's BBM freeze up in this build? i noticed it only happens if i type to search someones name in BBM and it'll hang up... i can escape out but opening BBM hangs until i battery pull.... VERY annoying

Nope, what version of the messenger are you running?

04-24-12 03:40 PM
555 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD