What's so different between 7.1.0.318 & 7.1.0.402 ?

OR 7.1.0.342 Asia & 7.1.0.402 ?

{ The idea was to use 71/72 MB sfi instead of the 67 MB sfi as default in .402 }
    RIM doesn't say what's different so there's no way to know. Since RIM doesn't disclose what the differences are, there is no way to know if one radio file be swapped for another without causing problems. This is analogous to swapping different versions of dll files. Maybe it will work. Maybe it won't. You won't find out untill you try. How does the size of the sfi matter, anyway?
    04-23-12 07:56 PM
    What's so different between 7.1.0.318 & 7.1.0.402 ?

OR 7.1.0.342 Asia & 7.1.0.402 ?

{ The idea was to use 71/72 MB sfi instead of the 67 MB sfi as default in .402 }

Not have time to play yet. Larger radio only enables japanese input.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-23-12 09:48 PM
    just dowloaded os wiped device ran app loader and its not picking the installed os up. i have no idea this has never happened to me before. any insight, and yes i have a 9900 lol
    04-23-12 10:59 PM
    Media server still not working properly. when connected to my Smart TV, I'm still getting "File Not Supported" message when I try to open a file. Can see the files, but still cannot open them. im assuming it still works via PS3, but would love for it to work on my other TV's as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the new CB Forums App!
    Anyone get this working? I have same issue on my Samsung TV - I can see the BB9900 folders and files, but cannot play them.
    04-23-12 10:59 PM
    so no wifi/uma calls with this leak?
    Wifi calling is there in every 7.1 release. Your carrier should support it to make it working .

Sent from my BlackBerry
    04-23-12 11:13 PM
    Anyone get this working? I have same issue on my Samsung TV - I can see the BB9900 folders and files, but cannot play them.
    That's your TVs media player issue i.e. it doesn't support that audio/video codec.

Sent from my BlackBerry
    04-23-12 11:15 PM
    just dowloaded os wiped device ran app loader and its not picking the installed os up. i have no idea this has never happened to me before. any insight, and yes i have a 9900 lol
    Try it with Desktop Manager !

Sent from my BlackBerry
    04-23-12 11:16 PM
    delete vendor.xml
    04-23-12 11:19 PM
    Try it with Desktop Manager !

Sent from my BlackBerrry

first thing I tried, also no vendor file, im in the process of DLing a downgrade through desktop manager just to get my phone funtional as it may be time for bed soon
    04-23-12 11:31 PM
    first thing I tried, also no vendor file, im in the process of DLing a downgrade through desktop manager just to get my phone funtional as it may be time for bed soon
    This is so strange. What OS were you running before? When I installed the leak, DM picked it up right away. I didn't even have to remove the vendor files. I didn't install it until after I shrank it, but again, DM picked it up. I was running .342 before.
    04-23-12 11:50 PM
    This is so strange. What OS were you running before? When I installed the leak, DM picked it up right away. I didn't even have to remove the vendor files. I didn't install it until after I shrank it, but again, DM picked it up. I was running .342 before.
    I have no idea whats happening? I had .267 on it previously, I have .342 and .402 installed on my computer neither are being picked up. Within app loader I just tried to manually add phone.alx from .402 and it says " this app is not compatible with your device and will not be loaded". even going through desktop manager with my device wiped would only let me DL 7.0.0.585 but still wont pick up the other two that are installed
    04-24-12 12:00 AM
    Anyone got a link which is still working?
    04-24-12 01:08 AM
    Downloaded. Installed. Doesn't appear in Desktop Software while i'm trying to update phone. What can it be or what should i check?
    04-24-12 01:26 AM
    04-24-12 01:31 AM
    That's your TVs media player issue i.e. it doesn't support that audio/video codec.

Sent from my BlackBerry
    I would like to think so, but if I copy the files to a USB drive and plug that into the TV, then the files work without an issue. So, I feel the issue is more to do with the DLNA server.
    04-24-12 02:27 AM
    The reason why I will not install any new OS in the near future [I'm running .318]:
    Don't think it can be any better... [bellow are idle discharge rate]

Last edited by estro22; 04-24-12 at 02:56 AM.
    04-24-12 02:50 AM
    The data pasted above says this to me :

5 AM ~ 6 AM : Drain @ 2%, no backlight - means phn completely idling
    6 AM ~ 7 AM : Drain @ 1%, no backlight - phn still idling
    7 AM ~ 8 AM : Drain @ 1%, 0.3% backlight - suggest some very small activity
    8 AM ~ 9 AM : Drain @ 1%, no backlight - phn idling

The above drain rates are "hardly" realistic for a phn that's supposed to be a workhorse. This data is baseless when the phone is made to work a lot harder.

Anyone can put his/her phn to absolute "idle" conditions and seek the lowest drain rates but its useless data under practical conditions ...
    04-24-12 03:24 AM
    The data pasted above says this to me :

5 AM ~ 6 AM : Drain @ 2%, no backlight - means phn completely idling
    6 AM ~ 7 AM : Drain @ 1%, no backlight - phn still idling
    7 AM ~ 8 AM : Drain @ 1%, 0.3% backlight - suggest some very small activity
    8 AM ~ 9 AM : Drain @ 1%, no backlight - phn idling

The above drain rates are "hardly" realistic for a phn that's supposed to be a workhorse. This data is baseless when the phone is made to work a lot harder.

Anyone can put his/her phn to absolute "idle" conditions and seek the lowest drain rates but its useless data under practical conditions ...
    Are you able to read? [I explicitly said I'm talking about idle rates]
    On any other OS version I get 2% discharge rate on idle.
    Why you didn't address the 0% discharge rate on last hour!?
    "Anyone can put his/her phn to absolute "idle" conditions and seek the.." Cut the sh1t and show me... [On 3 G]

Unlike you, I only post empirical data. [Not the bullsh1t you post: http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...l#post7340368]]

FOR THE FUTURE, I"M IGNORING YOUR POSTS PLEASE DO THE SAME WITH MINE.
    Last edited by estro22; 04-24-12 at 03:45 AM.
    04-24-12 03:39 AM
    ROM=Read Only Memory
    OS=Operating System

ROM is where non-volatile parts of the OS is stored, but some parts of OS can also be stored in different RAM modules.

In Android worlds when they talk about a ROM, - it is more a ROM dump what they mean... a copy of the content of ROM is stored in a file ..... two totally different things...

ROM is also only Readable - not writable - so it will never be correct to call it ROM.. PROM is more used - and different types exist - depending on how they work (PROM=Programmable ROM)

Any Android world call OS and ROM the same thing - it is just from ignorance...
    Yes, Its just terminology used since beining which stayed forever...
    In android, either you can upgrade ROM with complete wipe option OR delvik cache wipe to upgrade ROM and retail data...

whereas in BB, its pretty simple... install the upgrade...
    04-24-12 03:47 AM
    Also, Google local search works in this build! Haven't had this working since I got the phone with the carrier build on it!

04-24-12 04:53 AM
    The reason why I will not install any new OS in the near future [I'm running .318]:
    Don't think it can be any better... [bellow are idle discharge rate]

Click to view quoted image

Sorry, Have you try this build? I think, it just same as your's .318. Maybe for me only.
    04-24-12 04:55 AM
    Isnt this thread supposed to be discussing .402 performance here ?

Then - why the irrelevant posts ? ...
    04-24-12 05:09 AM
    Sorry, Have you try this build? I think, it just same as your's .318. Maybe for me only.
    No, didn't tried .402 yet.
    Your idle discharge rates are impressive, do you run 3G?
    04-24-12 05:14 AM
    Oh wow.. That's impressive. Is ur GPS / Location service on? Are you using 3G? Do you have apps running in the background e.g FB and/or Twitter?

I'm using .318 at the moment. The idle discharge rate fluctuates between 2-3.5% which is not bad - I think. Or is it?
    04-24-12 05:40 AM
    This my idle usage.

3 mail box account about 2 - 4 mail per 2 hours.
    FB set to never refresh just keep received the notification.
    Location always on. I never set it off.
    Blackberry news update every 2 hours.
    Xweatherpro update every 3 hours.

That's all..

04-24-12 05:58 AM
555 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD