Has anyone here strink this OS? i would like to know if its more snappy? im about to strink it now

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-23-12 01:18 AM
    W T F is this ? Go jump in a Lake ...
    You can get upset however I for one don't see you as reliable on the topic of OS stability now
    Sorry mate
    04-23-12 01:29 AM
    hmm weird, IT policy is enabled by default on this OS update. Anyone has a work around? It's annoying ...
    04-23-12 02:16 AM
    tried to upgrade with the ecell gold battery in - got the red X half way through then tried recloning about 20 times once .402 was installed and still not working. gonna have to downgrade back to .267 just so i can use the gold battery. sigh
    You've probably tried this already, but was it worth doing the upgrade with the official BB battery in and then repeating the clone procedure once .402 was up and running?
    04-23-12 03:16 AM
    hmm weird, IT policy is enabled by default on this OS update. Anyone has a work around? It's annoying ...

It's not an IT policy. I've just done a factory reset and there was nothing there. Firewall is still locked to enable.

Must be written into the OS like that. I'd like to see a work around too though.
    04-23-12 04:41 AM
    You've probably tried this already, but was it worth doing the upgrade with the official BB battery in and then repeating the clone procedure once .402 was up and running?
    Exactly my thoughts. What if the OEM battery has some sort of memory, where the OS version is stored, which while cloning gets transferred to the Gold battery.

Has anyone, whose battery/ies not working, tried recloning after making the OEM battery work with the updated OS?
    04-23-12 04:43 AM
    It bares watching. The problem didn't emerge right away and I wonder if it will come back. I better brush up on the downgrade procedures.

Watching this lil issue before I take the plunge. Thanks for bringing it up
    04-23-12 08:14 AM
    It bares watching. The problem didn't emerge right away and I wonder if it will come back. I better brush up on the downgrade procedures.
    Mic problem went away over the weekend, and today I've missed 3 calls because of it. Back to .267. I need the ATT hotspot anyway.
    jonduran86 likes this.
    04-23-12 09:24 AM
    since the hotspot goes straight to that page we all hate...does anyone have the COD we can install for hotspot from builds:

thanks
    04-23-12 09:44 AM
    what i found new was the new parental control feature and the media share feature phone much more snappy

Sent from my 9900
    04-23-12 10:56 AM
    I've had this leak since it was released and had no problems I knew about until today. I forwarded myself an email from work to my gmail and my phone never recieved it. So I logged into gmail from a browser (which I don't do often) and the email was there along with a few other unread emails that never made it to my phone. Could be a coincidence, but it appears they were all from after I updated to this release. Anyone else with gmail notice any issues?
    04-23-12 11:53 AM
    I've had this leak since it was released and had no problems I knew about until today. I forwarded myself an email from work to my gmail and my phone never recieved it. So I logged into gmail from a browser (which I don't do often) and the email was there along with a few other unread emails that never made it to my phone. Could be a coincidence, but it appears they were all from after I updated to this release. Anyone else with gmail notice any issues?
    After every update I always re send all my e.mail service books and then send myself an e.mail on each account from my phone to my PC and vice versa.

Everything fine for me on .402 including G Mail.

Try re sending your G Mail service books.
    04-23-12 12:03 PM
    Anyone else note that in .402 like .267 when you take and exit a call WHILE listening to music, it does not exit Call gain settings and music sounds like CRAP until device is rebooted
    04-23-12 12:05 PM
    After every update I always re send all my e.mail service books and then send myself an e.mail on each account from my phone to my PC and vice versa.

Everything fine for me on .402 including G Mail.

Try re sending your G Mail service books.
    I've tried the service books but I'll retry it again anyways and hope for the best. I've also deleted and re-added the account without success.
    Emails from other gmail users seem okay, I "shared" a kijiji ad to my email as a test and that came in no problem. Concur emails (which I use for booking travel) are not coming in and neither email from my work account. Its strange, and the playbook is recieving them no problem. It's just the phone :s
    04-23-12 12:08 PM
    So far loving this OS compared to .342 that i had, this one is much more faster, smoother and the battery drain isnt as bad as .342.

Saying that i have one issue, i have the nobex premium version which was given to BB users as part of the RIM giveaway last yr due to the worldwide issues people had with BBM and BIS services. Anyhow for some odd reason, its not available for my 9900 when originally it worked on my 9900. I emailed Nobex last nigth and got a reply saying my PIN has been updated but the problem isnt the PIN , its the app thats not showing for my device. Strange thing is if i do a search then i see it available for download on my device but im not paying �10 for it when i had it for free. I tried downloading the unpaid version, hoping that my email may unlock the premium version but it hasnt.

Anyone having this problem and been able to fix it??
    04-23-12 12:55 PM
    I've been running .402 for awhile on AT&T, shrunk. Findings:
    GPS Lock is instant
    Bluetooth Lock is instant (I would lose it on .267)
    Idle Battery is better, heavy use is the same badness as .267
    I have only had 1 instance of dead mic so far, it was through google voice
    Radio seems to be the same, if not better, I haven't dropped any calls yet
    AT&T hotspot doesn't work, never used it
    NFC still there
    Less overall idling and lockups than .267
    04-23-12 01:03 PM
    It's not an IT policy. I've just done a factory reset and there was nothing there. Firewall is still locked to enable.

Must be written into the OS like that. I'd like to see a work around too though.

Hmm so how do you explain the IT policy enabled under BUYR screen.

And it will stay enabled until you do the normal exercise of removing IT policy say on 284 or 342 or what ever.

04-23-12 01:13 PM
    So far loving this OS compared to .342 that i had, this one is much more faster, smoother and the battery drain isnt as bad as .342.

Saying that i have one issue, i have the nobex premium version which was given to BB users as part of the RIM giveaway last yr due to the worldwide issues people had with BBM and BIS services. Anyhow for some odd reason, its not available for my 9900 when originally it worked on my 9900. I emailed Nobex last nigth and got a reply saying my PIN has been updated but the problem isnt the PIN , its the app thats not showing for my device. Strange thing is if i do a search then i see it available for download on my device but im not paying �10 for it when i had it for free. I tried downloading the unpaid version, hoping that my email may unlock the premium version but it hasnt.

Anyone having this problem and been able to fix it??

As already mentioned, download the free version, it will detect your previously registered email address, and activate premium features.

Edit: Oops I saw you have done that, I have that feature enabled now, with the email addresses I have registered my nobex with previously. Not sure what went wrong your end.

Last edited by zocster; 04-23-12 at 02:02 PM.
    04-23-12 01:14 PM
    After my terrible experience with .342 (mainly due to its radio file) I am running .402 since it leaked..

With exactly the same usage as with .342 battery is better. After 12 hours (since last full charge) I used to be down to 35% with .342; now I am at over 50% with .402. My usage is mainly heavy email, some calls, BBM (moderate usage), Berryweather (automatic updates every 2 hours) and occasional use of Whatsup, BBMaps. I also use BT earpiece when driving.

• BT lock, very good
    • GPS lock, very good.
    • Memory drain, still there... must be an app.. but cannot identify which one is it.
    • Very good BBMap usage... fast and agile.
    • No hourglass...
    • Most important, radio signal seems to be stable and better than with .342 (I lock 3G more than before in the same locations).

I saw the firewall settings and parental settings other people mentioned, but did not try to modify them.

In my case .402 is far better than .342, but I know some people had good experiences with the latter.

04-23-12 02:07 PM
    so no wifi/uma calls with this leak?
    04-23-12 02:31 PM
    Has anyone here strink this OS? i would like to know if its more snappy? im about to strink it now

I shrank it before I installed it. I didn't try it before shrinking so I have no idea if shrinking made a noticeable difference.
    04-23-12 02:33 PM
    so no wifi/uma calls with this leak?
    Try it out to see if it works or not. If it doesn't work, downgrade.
    04-23-12 02:42 PM
    @ Zocster

Any luck with swapping .318 sfi on this build ?

(as I reported earlier, at the time I did it, using both DM & AppLoader, installation did NOT work out & resulted in "APP ERROR 200" + White Screen).
    04-23-12 03:18 PM
    @ Zocster

Any luck with swapping .318 sfi on this build ?

(as I reported earlier, at the time I did it, using both DM & AppLoader, installation did NOT work out & resulted in "APP ERROR 200" + White Screen).
    You cant always just swap radio files. It depends on the platform of the OS.
    04-23-12 05:33 PM
    You cant always just swap radio files. It depends on the platform of the OS.
    What's so different between 7.1.0.318 & 7.1.0.402 ?

OR 7.1.0.342 Asia & 7.1.0.402 ?

{ The idea was to use 71/72 MB sfi instead of the 67 MB sfi as default in .402 }
    04-23-12 06:14 PM
555 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD