Mac's OS X Lion ain't no Saint. It gets really lag-gy after just a few months post-installation. Windows 8 is going to shame Mac OS X for being complacent I think.
    Why not go through the control panel and disable some or all of the eye candy, if that's even possible, to speed it up? Or run a cpu/task monitor/manager to see if a run-away process isn't causing that. It happens with ubuntu 10.04 LTS. The later ones don't have that issue. It could be an older kernel, or a bug too.
    04-21-12 07:24 PM
    Mac's OS X Lion ain't no Saint. It gets really lag-gy after just a few months post-installation. Windows 8 is going to shame Mac OS X for being complacent I think.
    I'm run Mac OS X Lion and totally agree. Actually the only reason I went to apple laptop is battery life and the trackpad...
    04-21-12 07:44 PM
    I'm run Mac OS X Lion and totally agree. Actually the only reason I went to apple laptop is battery life and the trackpad...
    Mint is catching up rather quickly (follows ubuntu), other distros are also catching up. Some gestures are already supported. More to come once 12.04 LTS of ubuntu comes out, mint 13 to follow.
    04-21-12 07:47 PM
    Hi All - installed this update without a glitch, pulled the battery 6 times now but wifi calling no longer works. tested my older 9780 and UMA still works fine so its not my router!
    04-21-12 08:09 PM
    Hi All - installed this update without a glitch, pulled the battery 6 times now but wifi calling no longer works. tested my older 9780 and UMA still works fine so its not my router! Anyone else having this issue?
    04-21-12 08:13 PM
    Can anyone confirm whether the bug of receiving a new SSID every time mobile hotspot is enabled has been fixed? I am on TMO. Thanks!
    04-21-12 08:43 PM
    looks like ill be sticking with .267 - best battery/stability imho

this seems like abit of a dud like someone else mentioned, yes many people aren't having any problems with .402 but too many people ARE for me to upgrade - not consistent enough for my liking
    04-21-12 08:59 PM
    They are pretty but they fall apart.
    04-21-12 09:49 PM
    Can anyone confirm whether the bug of receiving a new SSID every time mobile hotspot is enabled has been fixed? I am on TMO. Thanks!
    That was mostly fixed in .342
    04-21-12 10:04 PM
    Nobex Premium (which was a blackberry complimentary app) isn't recognized by this OS.

It shows up as under 'other devices' in My World and I can't re-download it.
    04-21-12 11:10 PM
    Hi All - installed this update without a glitch, pulled the battery 6 times now but wifi calling no longer works. tested my older 9780 and UMA still works fine so its not my router! Anyone else having this issue?

I enabled it and made a test call and it worked fine. I installed the new os last night and did a few reboots since then because of the app updates but never tried wifi calling until now. But it did work. Are you not able to turn it on or you getting a certain error?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 12:38 AM
    Nobex Premium (which was a blackberry complimentary app) isn't recognized by this OS.

It shows up as under 'other devices' in My World and I can't re-download it.
    Just download the standard Nobex and it will recognize your email and enable the premium feature.
    04-22-12 12:48 AM
    Not very happy with the stock Radio sfi of this .402 build. Its like the .342 build and fluctuates, leading to more draw of resources and a higher battery drain (evident from MeterBerry stats).

Tried to swap the sfi from .318 onto this BUT got "APP ERROR 200" while installing OS - thus it landed me into a whole set of trouble like use JL Cmdr to fully wipe to error 507 and then re-install .402 with the stock sfi to restore the 9900.

Can someone pitch in as to How I may be able to get the 318 sfi into this 402 cods and load ? Seems to me some compatibility issues ...
    04-22-12 02:41 AM
    Not very happy with the stock Radio sfi of this .402 build. Its like the .342 build and fluctuates, leading to more draw of resources and a higher battery drain (evident from MeterBerry stats).

Tried to swap the sfi from .318 onto this BUT got "APP ERROR 200" while installing OS - thus it landed me into a whole set of trouble like use JL Cmdr to fully wipe to error 507 and then re-install .402 with the stock sfi to restore the 9900.

Can someone pitch in as to How I may be able to get the 318 sfi into this 402 cods and load ? Seems to me some compatibility issues ...
    will try and throw something quick ASAP ... give me a few days.
    audio_engr likes this.
    04-22-12 03:09 AM
    hey Legal buddy,

have u noticed any better battery with this one? i know it's only been 24+ hours but i'm sure you'd notice something by now. cause i love .342 so i don't really wanna update unless the batt is better. even slightly.

thanx.
    Because it's the weekend and I use the phone for business it's had hardly any use.

But is has been idling at around 0.7% on 3G and WiFi if that helps you at all.
    04-22-12 04:01 AM
    Remember when you hyped .342 and I said it is junk? You told me that the problem is on my side... [It seems you switched your opinion]

It seems there is now a consensus that .342 radio is junk.
    Your credibility just suffered [another] hit...

I hate when people waste others time by providing wrong information...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...ml#post7265271
    Last edited by estro22; 04-22-12 at 05:13 AM.
    habs_fan likes this.
    04-22-12 04:22 AM
    Mint is catching up rather quickly (follows ubuntu), other distros are also catching up. Some gestures are already supported. More to come once 12.04 LTS of ubuntu comes out, mint 13 to follow.
    I'm talking about the hardware, try comparing top of the line HP Envy vs Apple Mac Book Pro, the trackpad on the macbook pro is infinitely better regardless of the os. [there is to much friction on the HP's trackpad]
    Last edited by estro22; 04-22-12 at 04:40 AM.
    04-22-12 04:33 AM
    Right, so here's what I have noticed on my 9900

1). There's new options in App world, now NFC sharing via tag.
    2). There's the ability to show what is unavailable for your device in App World now.
    3). Parental controls. Allows you to limit application usage, and even restrict incoming calls to numbers from contacts only
    4). Firewall is now enabled by default. Although screening of all things is off, so it's ineffective unless you configure it.
    5). Very small, but the Battery saving mode icon has changed now.
    6). BBID is now in the Set-up application
    7). This may have been rectified since .267 but test sounds in Device Analyser work now.
    As far as battery life goes, load it and carry a charger for a few days, that's what I do.
    Pop sound upon re-boot is still there but I don't see why it bothers people, it's not even loud...
    So far this looks like a great OS and I will keep y'all posted over the coming days. Mobile hotspot also works on Vodafone UK still. On AT&T it says contact carrier.

there s 1 new feature s Media Server (at the bottom of option: Networks and connections)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    04-22-12 06:40 AM
    Your credibility just suffered [another] hit...

W T F is this ? Go jump in a Lake ...
    04-22-12 07:47 AM
    I'm updating to this os later this on this evening. Just wanted to know if it is better to keep the OS the original size or would I run into issues if I shrink it?
    04-22-12 09:58 AM
    There is actually no need to shrink it, as if it's on the shrinking list you can shrink those out if you want.
    But if you shrink some features out some features might not work anymore.
    You gotta know what you are shrinking out.
    hybrid1976 likes this.
    04-22-12 10:00 AM
    Has anyone tried to pair this with the Playbook? I'm having problems with the bridge. It keeps on saying it's disconnected, and then it connects again, and then it disconnects again, and on and on. Never had problems with it before i loaded this os
    04-22-12 10:32 AM
    I'm updating to this os later this on this evening. Just wanted to know if it is better to keep the OS the original size or would I run into issues if I shrink it?
    I did shrink it. No issues were experienced.

As usual - shrinking kept the trash out for a more responsive phone experience.

hybrid1976 likes this.
    04-22-12 10:32 AM
    Has anyone tried to pair this with the Playbook? I'm having problems with the bridge. It keeps on saying it's disconnected, and then it connects again, and then it disconnects again, and on and on. Never had problems with it before i loaded this os
    No problem pairing here.
    04-22-12 10:38 AM
    Have u tried deleting the bridge app from the phone and then the pairing from the PB, and then add back to phone and pair again? This may solve your issue.

04-22-12 10:59 AM
555 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD