Sounds like another dud release.
    04-21-12 03:18 AM
    Sounds like another dud release.
    Phill_UK has it working on his 9900... Don't think so...
    04-21-12 03:37 AM
    found a feature "Parental Control" under Security....was wondering if .342 or older versions had this feature
    No it was not present in the older versions
    04-21-12 03:39 AM
    I noticed that too, and don't recall seeing it before.

Looks like the Firewall is locked to enable... don't recall seeing that before either.
    Firewall under Security was present in .342, was disabled by default...
    04-21-12 03:43 AM
    Seems like this one has it's own inbuild QR/Barcode scanner. New? Or did previous versions have it too and I was too stupid to find out? *embarrassed*
    04-21-12 03:43 AM
    so what's this about no battery icon anymore, rather a persentage showing the battery level? does everyone have this or just some people?
    04-21-12 03:45 AM
    Seems like this one has it's own inbuild QR/Barcode scanner. New? Or did previous versions have it too and I was too stupid to find out? *embarrassed*
    lol..well it a was inside the appworld since latter 7.0 releases and all 7.1 releases.
    04-21-12 03:47 AM
    knob.

Thats a bit rich coming from a guy who asked about battery life 2 hours after the leak dropped !!!
    04-21-12 03:55 AM
    This one idles on fresh air.

Did a battery pull just before I went to bed and woke up to a discharge rate of 0.5%
    04-21-12 04:05 AM
    Right, so here's what I have noticed on my 9900

1). There's new options in App world, now NFC sharing via tag.
    2). There's the ability to show what is unavailable for your device in App World now.
    3). Parental controls. Allows you to limit application usage, and even restrict incoming calls to numbers from contacts only
    4). Firewall is now enabled by default. Although screening of all things is off, so it's ineffective unless you configure it.
    5). Very small, but the Battery saving mode icon has changed now.
    6). BBID is now in the Set-up application
    7). This may have been rectified since .267 but test sounds in Device Analyser work now.
    As far as battery life goes, load it and carry a charger for a few days, that's what I do.
    Pop sound upon re-boot is still there but I don't see why it bothers people, it's not even loud...
    So far this looks like a great OS and I will keep y'all posted over the coming days. Mobile hotspot also works on Vodafone UK still. On AT&T it says contact carrier.
    daveshiz, LuisCast and tarmpung like this.
    04-21-12 04:25 AM
    I have. On my 9900, and my 9810 as well. Works fine so far. I haven't really noticed a big difference on anything.. NFC still there... not much else I can comment on other than installing this OS leak was a lot easier than the last one, as it did not require an installer or anything weird, just a simple delete of the Vendor file, and I was good.
    Which link did you use? I'm still having a problem with my App World icon not showing up. I've done wipe and tried to reinstall the OS but it still will not show. It's weird because this is the first OS Leaked/official that I've had an issue with.
    04-21-12 05:45 AM
    lol..well it a was inside the appworld since latter 7.0 releases and all 7.1 releases.
    It's been part of the app world app itself for many years
    04-21-12 05:52 AM
    Which link did you use? I'm still having a problem with my App World icon not showing up. I've done wipe and tried to reinstall the OS but it still will not show. It's weird because this is the first OS Leaked/official that I've had an issue with.
    I've had that happen before with various os's and versions of app world, did you make sure you had it checked of in the apps to be installed? I'm assuming you didn't do any shrinking...

Have you tried re-downloading app world only?
    www.blackberry.com/appworld just click download now and follow instructions for ota download
    04-21-12 05:59 AM
    I've had that happen before with various os's and versions of app world, did you make sure you had it checked of in the apps to be installed? I'm assuming you didn't do any shrinking...

Have you tried re-downloading app world only?
    BlackBerry App World just click download now and follow instructions for ota download
    I've done both ways still no luck. I did try the OTA but I get a "Sorry your device does not
    meet the system requirements."

It's crazy that I have done numerous OS installs and this is the first one to give me trouble.
    04-21-12 06:06 AM
    The site seems to be down right now, but I'm pretty sure bbh-plus website has a ota download link for appworld, I think I saw it there in the ota downloads, if you don't get it figured out I would check there for availibity throughout the weekend
    ericrangel76 likes this.
    04-21-12 06:28 AM
    Nope, not noticed this... but why would you want to do this anyway? and NO app should ever be allowed to reset your security timer!
    I let whatsapp reset my security timer all the time :S
    04-21-12 06:55 AM
    I'm not reading any comments about people having problem with the WiFi not connecting, so I guess it is just me (will just not connect regardless of battery pulls or deleting the saved wifi profile and reinputting...) Guess I'll try d/l from another link and try reinstalling before going back to the previous version...

Dang...
    Just FYI... my problems were my bloody router, not the OS... It just happened that the router problem started right when I updated the OS on the 9900. (Guess I should have started with it instead on wiping and reinstalling the OS 2-3 times and going back to the old version only to find the same problem...)

Oh well... Where's the facepalm smiley?
    04-21-12 07:41 AM
    I saw Media Server.
    04-21-12 08:21 AM
    Just FYI... my problems were my bloody router, not the OS... It just happened that the router problem started right when I updated the OS on the 9900. (Guess I should have started with it instead on wiping and reinstalling the OS 2-3 times and going back to the old version only to find the same problem...)

Oh well... Where's the facepalm smiley?
    Don't feel bad I wipe and reinstalled my OS more times trying to figure out why my App World wasn't coming up. I assumed since it was a leak it didn't have a vendor file and I didn't check. Ended up that was the problem. Doh! Definitely need a face palm smiley.
    04-21-12 08:27 AM
    yo its not cool to bash people that ask too early about battery life. if they knew it was too early they wouldnt ask now would they.cant blame someone for what they dont know.but...i digress
    04-21-12 08:41 AM
    I just want to know if this update keeps the ability to use hotspot ?
    Yes it does
    04-21-12 08:42 AM
    Anyone else notice that with the Battery Watch Application, where there used to be a battery icon and the percentage of remaining battery in the notification bar there is now only the percentage and nolonger the bettery icon??

Tried looking in the options of the Battery Watch application but could not find it
    yeahh i noticed that too.thought i was the only one.i think i prefer it like this though.kept thinking i had a notification of a message with the icon there.
    04-21-12 08:43 AM
    i've read all the 14 pages and didn't find my answer, So i'll ask now,
    is this worth updating from a 7.1.0.267 version user ?
    i didn't update to 3XX one cause a lot of people had some issue with them
    im having with this one some but they are not like the other ones
    so i would like to see, maybe 3XX is better ? i would hope to see a reply soon
    04-21-12 09:36 AM
    i've read all the 14 pages and didn't find my answer, So i'll ask now,
    is this worth updating from a 7.1.0.267 version user ?
    i didn't update to 3XX one cause a lot of people had some issue with them
    im having with this one some but they are not like the other ones
    so i would like to see, maybe 3XX is better ? i would hope to see a reply soon
    If you have read all 14 pages then you know as much as the rest of us.

No one seems to be having any major issues with this OS.

Best thing to do is give it a try for yourself, so far there doesn't seem to be a good reason not to.

I've had it installed for 24 hours now with no issues.
    04-21-12 09:46 AM
    The thing is .. its true, when you install a new release over an old one, something gets cleared out and the phone is super responsive for a few days. Then after a while it becomes slow as molasses again. This pattern repeats with every OS update I do, and I've done many. It's the one thing that drives me nuts about blackberries. I wish it could maintain the speediness you see directly after doing an update.
    In Windows it's called bit rot. In BBOS it should be called bit necrotizing fasciitis.
    04-21-12 10:03 AM
555 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD