lol... nice

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Well, am planning to get one today, actually.
    04-20-12 08:38 PM
    For some reason I'm having an issue when my App World icon not showing up. I see its installed on my phone through the Applications Manager. I have reinstalled the OS a couple of times. I shrunk it the first time and then went back and did a full install but I still keep getting the same problem. Any ideas?
    Try deleting app world from the device and reinstalling seperately. I had a similar issue a 9810 once upon a time. If nothing else do a application only backup and wipe and reload all apps
    ericrangel76 likes this.
    04-20-12 08:52 PM
    Try "Alt + lg + lg" and clear all the cahe of the phone. Definitely makes a difference!

Makes no difference whatsoever. The Event Log is only a 400KB file max, which is a drop in the ocean on a 9900.
    04-20-12 08:53 PM
    upgraded to this leak os and so far so good. i noticed app world icon is a little bigger. and a few extra settings. hotspot still there, for those people that complain its not. battery life... still look the same to me and it is too early to make any judgement. so far so good
    04-20-12 08:56 PM
    Findings 7 hours in:

Battery life has been jumpy, but that's to be expected. Seems to idle well.

I had a weird look on my phone call screen three times, almost looked like a theme was activated but I don't use themes. Seems to have disappeared after a few reboots.

On first boot I had 2 java lang errors, but no errors on any other reboots. All my everyday apps have come in perfectly.

Overall the build seems very snappy and clean. A couple of minor touch screen and scrolling related bugs from the last build (.3whatever on a 9900) seem to have cleared up.

The only weird thing I've seen was that my device showed enterpise activated with gmail and I no longer have access to the security timer permission on my apps. Doesn't affect me but its a little strange.

I like all the updates RIM

Edit: sorry didn't even realize there was a whole convo about the security timer thing, but now I'm curious are you guys using gmail? I have gotten waiting for services etc on the last few builds but never full enterprise activation with permission control.

Edit 2: !*/?# I lost hotspot!

Yes, i use gmail, but i've never had the permissions problem before because of the security timer. this is the first Ever build that has shown to me the Security Timer being grayed out to Deny. All other builds have been where I have to select custom, deny, allow...on the Security Timer.

04-20-12 09:05 PM
    Anyone else notice that with the Battery Watch Application, where there used to be a battery icon and the percentage of remaining battery in the notification bar there is now only the percentage and nolonger the bettery icon??

Tried looking in the options of the Battery Watch application but could not find it
    04-20-12 09:45 PM
    seen a couple of java error as well. On first boot, i notice that the icon tray, notification tray were in a darker colour, not the usual translucent black. But after pressing it, it goes back to normal. Didn't feel much difference between this and .342. There was an extra option in the appworld homescreen.

Being super anal about my OS, i'm rolling back to .342. Since i've have no issues with it or whatsoever, its official, there isn't really much things that i need, and the build number isn't really a huge jump. Will stick with .342 until a newer leak arrives.
    04-20-12 10:11 PM
    Has any one with a Tmobile 9900 installed this leak successfully?
    04-20-12 10:17 PM

Yep.
    NFC Works

Hotspot works fine too..fixed a bug that I had where Hotspot turned off randomly

Rest of the stuff work as well..

Got nothing on the battery because I haven't been monitoring it yet.

Sent from my Tool, not the 'Toy'
    04-20-12 10:23 PM
    WHY IS THIS ROM

Index of /bb/OSs/9900

253 MB while the OTHERS 246? Both Files are for 9900 Devices
    04-20-12 10:35 PM
    I have. On my 9900, and my 9810 as well. Works fine so far. I haven't really noticed a big difference on anything.. NFC still there... not much else I can comment on other than installing this OS leak was a lot easier than the last one, as it did not require an installer or anything weird, just a simple delete of the Vendor file, and I was good.
    04-20-12 10:55 PM
    WHY IS THIS ROM

Index of /bb/OSs/9900

253 MB while the OTHERS 246? Both Files are for 9900 Devices

It's not a ROM, it's an OS... and it's exactly the same size as all the others.

ALKi3 uploaded the same file to Lyricidal's site as he did to Multiupload. Stop worrying about the claimed sizes and just install it.
    04-20-12 10:56 PM

ALKi3 uploaded the same file to Lyricidal's site as he did to Multiupload. Stop worrying about the claimed sizes and just install it.
    Thank you for the info, I used to think the file with bigger size is All-lang but not, they all are Multilang then.

And btw the 253MB file is bugged, cannot install Error reading setup initialization file
    04-20-12 11:08 PM

Btw wats the difference b/w ROM and OS? Arent they the very same?
    04-20-12 11:15 PM
    Something must have screwed up so gonna wipe and reflash the OS.

It keeps rebooting randomly while the phone is idle or I'm using it :\
    04-21-12 12:13 AM
    I'm not reading any comments about people having problem with the WiFi not connecting, so I guess it is just me (will just not connect regardless of battery pulls or deleting the saved wifi profile and reinputting...) Guess I'll try d/l from another link and try reinstalling before going back to the previous version...

Dang...
    I have to say this - I love your username and avatar.

I was a diehard Alias fan - DIE HARD (THEY DID NOT KILL SPYDADDY!) - and while I know your screen name ISN'T Francinator, everytime I read it I think it's Francinator because of the avatar and I laugh.

So, yeah.
    Fr3lncr likes this.
    04-21-12 12:41 AM
    Btw wats the difference b/w ROM and OS? Arent they the very same?
    You came from android? In android, we call it ROM, But in Blackberry, it is OS.
    04-21-12 01:31 AM
    I love CrackBerry, but I'd love it more if these leak threads could be fully moderated.

For example, delete all the "downloading now", "how's the battery life", "can I get a mirror" links; and edit the first post to include all the links. That way we'd be left with useful observations.

And yes, this post would be deleted as well.
    04-21-12 02:02 AM
    Anyone else notice that with the Battery Watch Application, where there used to be a battery icon and the percentage of remaining battery in the notification bar there is now only the percentage and nolonger the bettery icon??

Tried looking in the options of the Battery Watch application but could not find it

Wait a minute! This is what I was talking about. yeah the icon is missing in my DeBattery Gym app, and Battery Watch is missing it too. see I knew what I was talking about. I thought it was the permission settings, but it may still be. I don't know.

04-21-12 02:02 AM
    You came from android? In android, we call it ROM, But in Blackberry, it is OS.
    Actually what I was trying to ask is that the alkie version is 246 mb while the lyr version is 253 mb and the file is corrupted. And I wonder why is this the difference In sizes, coz I was thinking about the alkie ver is multi lang while lyr is all lang. U see wat I mean? )
    04-21-12 02:07 AM
    Have you tried to download and install it? I have - and unless they have fixed it, it's corrupted - and after 3 downloads on 3 machines...same thing. Downloads the entire file in 1 minute for me but when I go to run it, it says "cannot read ...setup...".
    I believe they r going to fix it soon. The point here is - why the OS has different size compared to the original one. 246 vs 253. The only thing I suppose is the original one is multilang and the lyr is all lang. Regarding the installation issue I think he will fix the file
    04-21-12 02:32 AM
    Installed and running fine for the past 3hrs. No random reboots(fingers crossed). Battery watch icon missing but percentage there. Happy so far.
    04-21-12 03:06 AM
    Using the torrent is amazing. Will be loading this later today, my 9900 was averaging 4.0% per hour last night just sitting on my bedside table. Think it needs a refresh.

-update- Will now seed for a few days, use the torrent, way quicker and easier than the others.
    Last edited by Jake90087; 04-21-12 at 03:19 AM.
    04-21-12 03:07 AM
    Wait a minute! This is what I was talking about. yeah the icon is missing in my DeBattery Gym app, and Battery Watch is missing it too. see I knew what I was talking about. I thought it was the permission settings, but it may still be. I don't know.

This problem also appear with Xweatherpro. Only the temperature is show..

04-21-12 03:14 AM
    Actually what I was trying to ask is that the alkie version is 246 mb while the lyr version is 253 mb and the file is corrupted. And I wonder why is this the difference In sizes, coz I was thinking about the alkie ver is multi lang while lyr is all lang. U see wat I mean? )

Yes! I know what you mean.. I think.. it is same.

04-21-12 03:15 AM
555 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD