I love it when people get stress-ey when others ask about battery life.
    LOL.
    Just ignore it.. and those willing to report back will do so right?
    I just did the upgrade using DM. The BES is synchronizing. Battery consumption looks good so far.
    04-20-12 03:48 PM
    Battery consumption looks good so far.
    HUH !!!
    04-20-12 04:00 PM
    Everyone always says this with every release.

"OS is very responsive and fluid compared with the previous OS!"

The thing is .. its true, when you install a new release over an old one, something gets cleared out and the phone is super responsive for a few days. Then after a while it becomes slow as molasses again. This pattern repeats with every OS update I do, and I've done many. It's the one thing that drives me nuts about blackberries. I wish it could maintain the speediness you see directly after doing an update.
    04-20-12 04:11 PM
    I'm sure it does work on AT&T - as long as you have a tethering plan. For those of us with a grandfathered unlimited plan, it doesn't work.
    This is NOT correct. I have the AT&T 4GB + tether plan (hotspot enabled) and it works (sporadically) with 7.1.0.267, but NOT with .342, and apparently this one either.
    I'll second it : Come on AT&T get your head out of your...
    04-20-12 04:14 PM
    Ok after about an hour and a half it finally finished downloading, but I get the constant hour glass. Just rebooted it a second time, see how that goes.
    harist3a likes this.
    04-20-12 04:24 PM
    Ok after about an hour and a half it finally finished downloading, but I get the constant hour glass. Just rebooted it a second time, see how that goes.
    Make sure you open every app and go through the app setup process. I don't have this issue. But I once had a similar issue on a previous leak because I didn't open all the apps after a fresh install.
    04-20-12 04:55 PM
    The thing is .. its true, when you install a new release over an old one, something gets cleared out and the phone is super responsive for a few days. Then after a while it becomes slow as molasses again. This pattern repeats with every OS update I do, and I've done many. It's the one thing that drives me nuts about blackberries. I wish it could maintain the speediness you see directly after doing an update.
    My phone has never run "slow as molasses" from the 9700 to 9780 to 9860. I think you can expect the phone to run very smooth with a fresh install of an OS. After everything has settled in and memory is being used, apps are running, etc. It doesn't surprise me to see it slow down to some degree.
    04-20-12 04:57 PM
    alright, i've downloaded the OS and installed it on my PC. But my only concern now is with Endomondo. Does anyone knows that if it has 2 way sync? meaning after i wipe and install this new leak, then re-download the app again. Will my previous workouts be synced?
    04-20-12 05:07 PM
    alright, i've downloaded the OS and installed it on my PC. But my only concern now is with Endomondo. Does anyone knows that if it has 2 way sync? meaning after i wipe and install this new leak, then re-download the app again. Will my previous workouts be synced?
    Yes, it has two way sync. I got the app because RIM offered it for free and check it out. It did install fine with all the history data at least for me.
    Martis94 likes this.
    04-20-12 05:12 PM
    Yes, it has two way sync. I got the app because RIM offered it for free and check it out. It did install fine with all the history data at least for me.
    great to know!! now i can update in peace. unfortunately i got the app just earlier this week for the full price. But it was money well spent in my opinion. Cheers!!!
    04-20-12 05:15 PM
    Proper mirror url, fast, no waiting
    9900_7.1_b1333_pl5.1.0.321_a7.1.0.402.exe.html
    Download 9900 b1333 pl5 321 402 exe
    04-20-12 05:22 PM
    Make sure you open every app and go through the app setup process. I don't have this issue. But I once had a similar issue on a previous leak because I didn't open all the apps after a fresh install.
    After I rebooted the hour glass stopped and I have gone through every app.
    04-20-12 05:44 PM
    THIS version when trying to set all your permissions to Allow uhh you can't. When the Custom option is highlighted and you want to set it to Allow you can't do it.

Anyone ELSE notice this?
    04-20-12 05:45 PM
    THIS version when trying to set all your permissions to Allow uhh you can't. When the Custom option is highlighted and you want to set it to Allow you can't do it.I have noticed that the Security Timer on the apps is set to deny and that's why you can't set all permissions to Allow.

Anyone ELSE notice this?
    04-20-12 05:47 PM
    THIS version when trying to set all your permissions to Allow uhh you can't. When the Custom option is highlighted and you want to set it to Allow you can't do it.I have noticed that the Security Timer on the apps is set to deny and that's why you can't set all permissions to Allow.

Anyone ELSE notice this?
    Nope, not noticed this... but why would you want to do this anyway? and NO app should ever be allowed to reset your security timer!
    04-20-12 05:54 PM
    well because the apps I have give the pop up, "So and so wants to reset your security timer" I always press Deny because I don't want that popup always coming on. Now with one of my apps DeBattery Gym the battery indicator icon will not show up anymore and I have deleted, and re-stalled the app already and tried to change the permission settings to allow. It has always worked like this for me when everything is set to allow. So I don't know if it's this OS because it's not the app.

Update, I tried to set the Interactions settings to Allow on my Passcode Lock Pro 2 in 1 app. Same thing. You cannot change the settings and therefore the app will not function properly just like I said for my DeBattery app.
    04-20-12 06:18 PM
    I can change the settings for all my apps, except for resetting the security timer which is greyed out... as it should be.

I never bother with this anyway, as I always leave the settings at default from when I first install a new app. Whatever settings the app requests, it gets, and I've never had a problem with this.
    04-20-12 06:55 PM
    anyone have xweatherpro here? Status bar icon is no showing any icon, only temperature showing.
    04-20-12 07:08 PM
    Findings 7 hours in:

Battery life has been jumpy, but that's to be expected. Seems to idle well.

I had a weird look on my phone call screen three times, almost looked like a theme was activated but I don't use themes. Seems to have disappeared after a few reboots.

On first boot I had 2 java lang errors, but no errors on any other reboots. All my everyday apps have come in perfectly.

Overall the build seems very snappy and clean. A couple of minor touch screen and scrolling related bugs from the last build (.3whatever on a 9900) seem to have cleared up.

The only weird thing I've seen was that my device showed enterpise activated with gmail and I no longer have access to the security timer permission on my apps. Doesn't affect me but its a little strange.

I like all the updates RIM

Edit: sorry didn't even realize there was a whole convo about the security timer thing, but now I'm curious are you guys using gmail? I have gotten waiting for services etc on the last few builds but never full enterprise activation with permission control.

Edit 2: !*/?# I lost hotspot!
    Last edited by toobs623; 04-20-12 at 08:28 PM.
    04-20-12 07:49 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks to the ~12 seeders and especially the person who initially set up the torrent. Downloading approximately 10x faster via torrent than other posted upload links.
    charlielefaux likes this.
    04-20-12 08:08 PM
    I just tried the hotspot as well as tethering. Both work fine.This OS seems to be really solid. No glitches at all with the installation.
    04-20-12 08:25 PM
    For some reason I'm having an issue when my App World icon not showing up. I see its installed on my phone through the Applications Manager. I have reinstalled the OS a couple of times. I shrunk it the first time and then went back and did a full install but I still keep getting the same problem. Any ideas?
    04-20-12 08:29 PM
    Try "Alt + lg + lg" and clear all the cahe of the phone. Definitely makes a difference!
    04-20-12 08:32 PM
    Thanks. Our DL's aren't slow enough...
    You are most welcome.
    04-20-12 08:36 PM
    Yeah............ don't do what I just did.

Installed everything via Loader and unclicked AppWorld. Now I cannot download AppWold via the handset as the BlackBerry website doesn't recognize the software and says incompatible. Had to use a BETA version of AppWorld to bypass that.
    04-20-12 08:38 PM
555 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD