Hi, desperately need a help here..

Upgraded successfully without any hassle, but the problem is :
    1. No BIS coverage
    2. Empty Host Routing Table
    3. Register HRT not working

I use TSEL as BIS provider, I just called the customer service, and he also puzzled.

thx b4
    04-23-12 07:43 AM
    Is there something new in this version? Or just the same as the one released by Telenor?
    04-23-12 08:20 AM
    It completly DRAINS my battery!!!

At 8:30AM I unpluged it, by 1pm I had 20% so I charge it for 40 min till it reaches 80% again and now it is 4:30PM and have 15%!!!

It last no more than 5 hours for me and I don't have any app running background or anything new.

Anyone else could tell me about his experience?

Cheers!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    04-23-12 09:35 AM
    Hi, desperately need a help here..

Upgraded successfully without any hassle, but the problem is :
    1. No BIS coverage
    2. Empty Host Routing Table
    3. Register HRT not working

I use TSEL as BIS provider, I just called the customer service, and he also puzzled.

thx b4
    Restore service book from your back up..., and do a battery pull.
    04-23-12 10:25 AM
    with this version I had multiple touch screen not responding, but worked after a couple of restart. Also phone would self restart when aswering calls (phone rings, I press the button to answer and phone reboots). Anyone else with similar issues?

I might go back to the previous OS, 336 worked very well for me and was getting a full day and then some out of the battery. I don't necessarily like going backwards with OS, or I might just reinstall this OS. I'll see if any of you have same issues first, it might be on my end only?
    04-23-12 03:27 PM
    Just installed it and my 10mins impression is this OS is so much better than previous OS. Its so smooth and responsive, not to mention it has asian language in it
    04-23-12 08:35 PM
    Just installed it and my 10mins impression is this OS is so much better than previous OS. Its so smooth and responsive, not to mention it has asian language in it
    Asian language for display only or input? Also, Asian as in CJK?
    04-23-12 10:02 PM
    I'm using MeterBerry to monitor battery level, device memory, and temperature. The temperature reading is way off higher than the actual temperature. Anyone having similar experience?

This build is good, battery temperature is significantly cooler.
    04-23-12 11:36 PM
    Is it safe to ask how the battery life of this build is now?
    And the overall stability?
    04-24-12 05:31 AM
    Good afternoon everyone... I have had OS *402 installed for 2 days and my findings are as follows... 1st day battery consumption was at a very high rate 5.5-6.1%.... 2nd day after 3-4 battery pulls the consumption has dropped to a normal 3.82%... I am a moderate to heavy business user... Question for you... It would seem that battery pulls actually help, why is that???... Just curious... Thanks,
    04-24-12 02:56 PM
    compare to .336
    battery life about the same, or just little bit better.

boot time faster

if searching contacts in bbm (by
    typing their name), it will sometime cause the bbm app to freeze. once reboot its good, but may happens again.

when charging (either using usb or wall charger) at around 70% or 90% the yellow lightning bolt changes to black connector (full charged indicator). it stop charging for a while but resume charging (lightning bolt shown again) after few minutes.
    here's my 1st day battery drain:

04-25-12 05:34 AM
    Wrong thread
    Last edited by BBFTW88; 04-25-12 at 06:10 AM.
    04-25-12 05:56 AM
    Just upgraded to 7.1.0.402 from the leaked 7.1.0.247 and the first thing I've noticed (and I hope I explain this clearly), when I click on the top bar (where the clock is) to pull down the list starting with 'Manage Connections', scrolling down with the trackpad would stall on v.247 roughly at the 'All Off' button. I had to use the trackpad a few times to make it scroll any further. On v.402 no such delay.

Hope that made sense!!
    Jake90087 likes this.
    04-25-12 09:28 AM
    Hope that made sense!!

Made perfect sense!

I've noticed the same thing on all previous OS versions on my 9790 and 9900, and both scroll smoothly on that screen now with .402
    04-25-12 10:30 AM
    Made perfect sense!

I've noticed the same thing on all previous OS versions on my 9790 and 9900, and both scroll smoothly on that screen now with .402
    Was fine on 7.0, only started happening when I installed the leaked 7.1.0.247
    04-25-12 10:34 AM
    Just upgraded to 7.1.0.402 from the leaked 7.1.0.247 and the first thing I've noticed (and I hope I explain this clearly), when I click on the top bar (where the clock is) to pull down the list starting with 'Manage Connections', scrolling down with the trackpad would stall on v.247 roughly at the 'All Off' button. I had to use the trackpad a few times to make it scroll any further. On v.402 no such delay.

Hope that made sense!!
    Agreed! Prefer that a lot, makes less thumb work.
    04-25-12 11:32 AM
    Thought i'd give you guys an update!
    After a couple of battery pulls the os seems tosettle in, battery life looks more stable and lasts longer than the 336 version.
    So far so good, another update in a couple of days, but still looks promising
    04-26-12 11:14 AM
    Good afternoon everyone... I have had OS *402 installed for 2 days and my findings are as follows... 1st day battery consumption was at a very high rate 5.5-6.1%.... 2nd day after 3-4 battery pulls the consumption has dropped to a normal 3.82%... I am a moderate to heavy business user... Question for you... It would seem that battery pulls actually help, why is that???... Just curious... Thanks,
    After a week of using (moderate to heavy business use)and about 5-6 battery pulls the battery drain has stabilized at an average of 4.1% and the battery does feel cooler... OS seems very stable, no freezing... I do notice that the evil clock symbol does come up once in a while, only this time it does not spin, just sits there for a couple of seconds... This happens after an overnight charge or a battery pull when opening certain apps for the first time... I have noticed it on bb World, Google maps, GPS Navigator... Any one else noticed it?... All in all much happier with this new OS than the 247 build... Hope this helps...

PS - actually watched 2 periods of the hockey game on my bb, it performed flawlessly...
    04-27-12 05:54 PM
    another update...
    It's a keeper!
    battery is so much better, rest of the os is smooth, gps is fast.
    the but is that i sometimes have trouble connecting bluetooth, but i'll figure it out, so no looking back

04-30-12 01:19 AM
    After a couple of good days, a couple of really bad ones...

For the first time my phone is heating up like crazy, that results in a battery drain that even the Iphone gets jealous at!
    Pulled the battery, I let is cool down a bit, charge it an do a couple of battery pulls and hope it settles down again.
    05-01-12 08:57 AM
    Did anyone notice that with this OS the "Media Server" option has been activated?

If you go to "options" and click on "net and connections" it will appear at the bottom of the list.

You can edit your Media Server name and also choose which items you would like to share.

Supereasy and fast to configure, just tried with my PS3 and it is definetly the best way to look at pictures and videos made from the smartphone.

Cheers! ;-)
    05-03-12 06:39 AM
    Had noticed it myself, but unsure of its usefulness. Would this be an easier way than bluetooth for getting pics I've taken on the phone to my PC (Windows Vista)?
    05-03-12 07:04 AM
    Had noticed it myself, but unsure of its usefulness. Would this be an easier way than bluetooth for getting pics I've taken on the phone to my PC (Windows Vista)?

For my, is much easier than Bluetooth because you don't have to wait for the photos being transfered. They all appear in the menu or windows server.

I haven't tried with the PC, but as I said before, it works AWESOME with the PS3, specially if you have it connected through HDMI with your TV.

I think they should do an entry in the blog talking about the Media Server as I think many people hadn't notice it.

Hope some admin see this thread and tell us something.

Cheers! ;-)

05-03-12 09:09 AM
    Been fiddling with the PC for a while, whilst it can 'see' the phone, I haven't yet been able to see any content from the phone
    05-03-12 09:12 AM
    i have upgraded the software from .336 to .402 and am happy with the battery life and the stable built of the os but the volume seems to have gone down from when i orignally bought it with os 7.0. Does this have anything to do with the software or a faulty hardware, rest everything seems to be fine. Any comments or findings, pls help !
    05-07-12 02:51 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD