04-11-12 04:04 PM
134 12345 ...
tools
    Right ive let my fone settle for 24 hours (and i dont care what anyone says, yes there is a settling in period as far as i'm concerned)

Battery life seems brilliant, i forgot to start device analyzer but it was way higher at the end of the day than normal, device analyzer now monitoring to confirm

Memory, while on day 1/first few hours i was getting horrific leakage, it seems to now be settled and is hovering around the 178 mark consistently!

That is also with the beta bbm installed, so i assume my 267 was leaking because of a bad install (my 342 was fresh with bbsak)

So all in all im pleased, when the builds hit the late 400's, early 500's most things should be solid as a rock!

oh and anyone wondering, still no wifi calling/uma on orange uk!
    03-22-12 09:42 AM
    definitely smoother and faster than the last leak. last 7.1 leak was so bad
    03-22-12 11:55 AM
    I'm a Rogers Wireless customer. They're NOT updating cause they're [email protected]$ like that. SO Yesterday, I loaded on the Bell / Telus .267 update (they're both the exact same) AND NOW My phone KICKS A$$!! BUT I was just thinking to myself; "You know, RIM should continue to update 7.1, cause some more tweaking can be done AND NOW It's done!

COINCIDENCE?

Personally, I think RIM should make A LOT more tweaks, to the point of os7.5 release - BUT - SURPRISE the market with the update, to help sell off the existing os7's, and earn some good press.
    Hi,

can you help me with how to install this OS? I downloaded and run the install file. At the end it says it's installed and you need to restart your PC. i restart and start up BDM and it still shows me running 7.0 bundle 2406
    03-22-12 01:24 PM
    No visible changes, no wifi calling. Honestly, I would be content with less memory leak than .267.......one can hope right
    Hi,

can you help me with how to install this OS? I downloaded and run the install file. At the end it says it's installed and you need to restart your PC. i restart and start up BDM and it still shows me running 7.0 bundle 2406
    03-22-12 01:25 PM
    anyone notice BBM doesnt work properly when your hotspot is on?
    03-22-12 01:50 PM
    Hi,

Hi, I'd first encourage you to search. Not being rude, but its a good practice for the forums.
    That being said, you are probably missing the 2 Vendor files to delete in Program files ans Users. After you delete these, BDM would see the new OS to install.

Let us know how it goes.
    03-22-12 01:58 PM
    .342 is definitely more snappy and the battery has to be on drugs or something because I'v e been hammering my 9860 with .342 now for 24 hours and I'm still on 60%. This can't be right - can it?
    03-22-12 04:18 PM
    Hi,

There's a CrackBerry 101 tutorial on installing os's, also you can see videos on YouTube.
    Its really easy, make sure there is no BB software on your PC, install Desktop Manger, then install leaked, delete the vendor.xml file in the leaked (its found in the c: program files/common files/research in motion/app loader), then start desktop manager and it should recognize the update, and then sit back and let the Desktop manager do its thing - update.
    The whole process takes like 30 min or so max.
    03-22-12 05:37 PM
    Are we able to replace the hot spot .cod file with the one from .74 on the 9900 or does it have to be the .cod file from the .74 leak for the torch. The reason I ask is because I don't think .74 leaked for the torch.
    03-22-12 09:49 PM
    Installed. Just finished booting up. Gave it 3 Battery Pulls. And now let's see.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    03-22-12 10:01 PM
    03-23-12 08:44 AM
    Any 9850 love?
    03-23-12 12:07 PM
    Any 9850 love?

If blackberry was a family... 9860 would be the newborn ..9850 is just the jealous older brother lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 Device
    03-23-12 01:07 PM
    If blackberry was a family... 9860 would be the newborn ..9850 is just the jealous older brother lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 Device
    Actually, the two torches would be twins but the torch '50 is a soulless ginger and the '60 is the hot redhead.

03-23-12 01:14 PM
    Ok i don't get it, battery has been ok until Sunday when it lost 50% in about 2hrs... What how can that be? dropped like a stone. i think a third party app running in the background.

Memory Leaks are brutal -35 to -50 every day. I have to believe this is from 3rd party apps cause why would Rim put a device out with this bad of leaks.

So i am wiping and re-installing right now and only installing the most important apps for the next few days to see how it goes. This has to get better.
    03-26-12 08:27 AM
    Not sure why you think that RIM wouldn't release like that. Perhaps you are entirely unfamiliar with their history.
    03-26-12 08:54 AM
    new here. what's the benefit of changing to leaked? i'm using 7.0, i think, on my 9860.
    03-26-12 01:30 PM
    new here. what's the benefit of changing to leaked? i'm using 7.0, i think, on my 9860.
    Use the search function to do some research, there is plenty of info here to look at.
    Welcome to crackberry...
    03-26-12 01:38 PM
    Ok, Well early results are promising...

It seems as though RIM did not release it with huge memory leaks. I did a wipe, reinstall, restored everything but third party apps, only have Twitter, FB and Meterberry running and memory is stable with at most -3MB down but then it goes back up to almost 0 sitting at -.03 right now after 6 hrs (before i would be down by -30 to -40mb) and battery is WAYYYYYY better with medium use today.

So do I know the history of RIM? Yes I do! and although not perfect i do believe they are trying and i am an eternal optimist, that's why I have not jumped ship.

I do believe that many apps are pulling the OS down and causing more issues than are Rim's fault. i am going to test more and put one app on a day to see which one was the major cause of my memory leaks and bad battery.

As for now i am happy with the new OS after the wipe.
    RoseBud68 and NightSlayer like this.
    03-26-12 01:47 PM
    Ok, Well early results are promising...

It seems as though RIM did not release it with huge memory leaks. I did a wipe, reinstall, restored everything but third party apps, only have Twitter, FB and Meterberry running and memory is stable with at most -3MB down but then it goes back up to almost 0 sitting at -.03 right now after 6 hrs (before i would be down by -30 to -40mb) and battery is WAYYYYYY better with medium use today.

So do I know the history of RIM? Yes I do! and although not perfect i do believe they are trying and i am an eternal optimist, that's why I have not jumped ship.

I do believe that many apps are pulling the OS down and causing more issues than are Rim's fault. i am going to test more and put one app on a day to see which one was the major cause of my memory leaks and bad battery.

As for now i am happy with the new OS after the wipe.
    Thank you for posting. These are the kind of finding we crackberry are looking for. So not that much memory loss is a good thing. I don't have many apps installed but have read plenty of folks complain about the memory loss they were having, which is why I still have not updated to the latest leak.
    03-26-12 04:27 PM
    Any 9850 love?
    I received my first BB 9850 on Sept. 8th, 2011 and was absolutely delighted.

I had a few issues with the browser and whined to Verizon about it and they sent me a new device. This one ran rings around the first one as it had a newer O/S. Other than higher than expected battery drain, this was my best BB yet.

There was a learning curve on the touch screen and the new O/S but within a few weeks it made the iPhone look somewhat week and clunky.

A few weeks later I noticed a perceived loss of volume using the handset and called Verizon and received my replacement device within a few days. I'm still very happy with this unit and I am totally dismayed that Verizon might not be displaying it in their stores.

My battery issues were pretty much resolved with the installation of WiFi Manager which disconnects WiFi when I'm out of range from a protected site. The call quality is excellent, camera is outstanding and the browser is as good as any on the market.

Lots of LOVE for the BB 9850
    03-26-12 07:43 PM
    Possibly coincidence, but Wifi Hotspot started working for me after installing .342. The option has been there for the last several 7.1 leaks but I had always gotten a 'contact provider' type message in the past. It was my understanding that, with Rogers at least, that BB plans that are US/Canada can't have Hotspot enabled.

That said, it had probably been weeks/months since I actually tried the Hotspot, as I usually test that after an OS update (last try after .267), so it may have started working before I updated to .342 but I just didn't test it. Interestingly also, it "remembered" the password I gave it from 3 or 4 OS's ago even though it didn't work for me until recently.
    03-27-12 10:30 AM
    I have used .342 for a few days. So far so good. I like it. Memory leak issue seems to be better. Screen scrolls are very fluid compared to .267.
    03-27-12 10:56 AM
    Downloaded and installed the official version of this, which I take it is exactly the same. I was on the previous leak of 7.1 before this with little to no issues.

So far so good with this one, I haven't really noticed anything other then the battery saver mode icon looking slightly different.

I also shrunk using BBH, 244.65mb's down to about 79mb's.

I wasn't going to upgrade after reading the comments based on the fact there was little difference and my performance with the previous leak was fine. I'm a big fan of the battery lasting longer though, and although I was already getting pretty decent battery on the previous leak some of the comments said this was strong for battery usage so I went ahead and upgraded. I'll re post if I run into anything new!
    03-27-12 02:34 PM
    I'm noticing that my keypad backlight now is off when my surrounding has much light, when it's dark then the backlight will on. Anyone else notice about this? Is this a new feature or it's been there for a while?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    03-27-12 07:56 PM
134 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD