I'm sure everyone on here gets the constant freezing on their bb7 phones..but I guess most people just can't admit it because they love bb ... But I can't handle it anymore especially when I no I could've got a much better phone for the same price...
    I don't get any freezing on my 9860. If I did, I would have no problem admitting it, I would probably be loud and upset about it as well.

This phone has been great for me, it is to bad you are not having a good experience with yours.
    04-03-12 01:14 PM
    I don't get any freezing on my 9860. If I did, I would have no problem admitting it, I would probably be loud and upset about it as well.

This phone has been great for me, it is to bad you are not having a good experience with yours.

Same here. I never hold back when it comes to BB. So the assumption is incorrect. My phone does not freeze.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    04-03-12 01:32 PM

The majority do I'm not just talking about the 9860 but all bb7 phones... If you haven't yet you will the more you demand from the phone the less it will give... You can argue with that but everyone knows its true...
    Last edited by mervinking; 04-03-12 at 03:59 PM.
    04-03-12 03:53 PM
    The majority do I'm not just talking about the 9860 but all bb7 phones... If you haven't yet you will the more you demand from the phone the less it will give... You can argue with that but everyone knows its true...
    Well I've never had any freezing issues on my phone. If you want to make blanket statements like that back it up with facts, and not by simply stating your opinion as fact. I have 2300 pictures, 1600 songs, and lots of applications/games on my phone, so I don't think I am coddling it.
    04-04-12 11:08 AM
    Well I've never had any freezing issues on my phone. If you want to make blanket statements like that back it up with facts, and not by simply stating your opinion as fact. I have 2300 pictures, 1600 songs, and lots of applications/games on my phone, so I don't think I am coddling it.
    Really? You never had any freezing issue? Then try this,
    Download 20 games on blackberry app world, and install BBM, facebook, twiiter beta..
    Then use your phone normally for 3 days without reboot even once..

After you do that, i want to hear your opinion again..

PS : Use OS 7.1 for "better" memory drain..
    04-04-12 12:07 PM

LOL its fine by me for you to be a fanboy and support them..even rim understands they have fallen behind because of issues like lag... But OK try downloading and updating ur apps and while that's happening do some browsing on the fone oh and include some email and bbm while your at it... Im sure you can't do it and will get the clock signal which is considered freezing as you can't do anything else... Do a search in all the bb7 phones thread areas and you'll find your facts about freezing issues..... But at the least do a search in the 9860 forum and you'll find numerous freezing threads.. Next time don't accuse me of giving a blanket statement without searching for yourself...
    Last edited by mervinking; 04-04-12 at 12:43 PM.
    04-04-12 12:40 PM
    Download 20 games on blackberry app world, and install BBM, facebook, twiiter beta..

I couldn't find 20 games to play on any platform, can you? I have 26 apps, including BBM and Twitter on my phone, and I am running 7.1.0.267 and I do 1-2 restarts a week.

Maybe you need to take some basic steps. Try removing languages you don't need, turn off auto refreshing on twitter and facebook and remove all Beta apps, and use a free program to schedule a restart while you are sleeping.

After you do this I would like to hear your opinion again.
    04-04-12 12:50 PM

Why would anyone with any sense do that?

I have downloaded 3 apps/games at same time and deleted one app, phone froze for about 30 seconds. (Well froze from my point of view), when I could use the phone again, all my apps were installed and ready to go and the one app was deleted. Hardly ever pull my battery, Once after I set it up, and once during the last upgrade. Soft resets work well.

You know that old story about how a patient goes into the Dr's office and complains that his finger hurts when he bends it at the joint. The Doctor tells him not to do that. Suddenly, all the pain is gone.

First off, you would not be able to install those apps and games without a reset somewhere, so I don't know what you are talking about. Beta app huh? That wouldn't cause...I mean, how could it.

You Sir, are a funny guy!!!
    Infiniti14 likes this.
    04-04-12 12:59 PM
    LOL its fine by me for you to be a fanboy and support them..even rim understands they have fallen behind because of issues like lag... But OK try downloading and updating ur apps and while that's happening do some browsing on the fone oh and include some email and bbm while your at it... Im sure you can't do it and will get the clock signal which is considered freezing as you can't do anything else... Do a search in all the bb7 phones thread areas and you'll find your facts about freezing issues..... But at the least do a search in the 9860 forum and you'll find numerous freezing threads.. Next time don't accuse me of giving a blanket statement without searching for yourself...
    Numerous threads does not equal the "majority" of people. People come here to discuss issues, so that makes up a lot of the threads. Also, every system can be overloaded, so congrats on overloading your phone. In my experience installing new apps taxes every system, so while updating I set my phone down for 3 minutes and let it do its thing.
    04-04-12 01:02 PM
    Numerous threads does not equal the "majority" of people. People come here to discuss issues, so that makes up a lot of the threads. Also, every system can be overloaded, so congrats on overloading your phone. In my experience installing new apps taxes every system, so while updating I set my phone down for 3 minutes and let it do its thing.

OK now your just twisting it... Majority of people doesn't mean everyone... You wanted evidence and facts I gave you them and now you saying its not valid instead you call my statement + evidence a blanket statement.. Yes the system gets overloaded Easily compared to other platforms that's the whole point I'm trying to make that rim is behind... Even if you don't want to do something else while updating apps etc..its the option of having it that makes other systems superior.. We want choice its our device... Bb doesn't give you that...
    04-04-12 01:10 PM
    Can we drop it now. It's been established the damn things freeze from time to time so if it's that big of an issue for some, move on to something different!! Why keep beating it?!!
    black hole likes this.
    04-04-12 01:13 PM
    OK now your just twisting it... Majority of people doesn't mean everyone... You wanted evidence and facts I gave you them and now you saying its not valid instead you call my statement + evidence a blanket statement.. Yes the system gets overloaded Easily compared to other platforms that's the whole point I'm trying to make that rim is behind... Even if you don't want to do something else while updating apps etc..its the option of having it that makes other systems superior.. We want choice its our device... Bb doesn't give you that...
    Nice try. The existence of threads proves that some people have problems, not the majority of people have problems like you stated. At best you provided anecdotal evidence in support of a much less dramatic claim.
    04-04-12 01:23 PM
    Can we drop it now. It's been established the damn things freeze from time to time so if it's that big of an issue for some, move on to something different!! Why keep beating it?!!

Bb fan boys don't admit anything in this place.. Yet they flame you for having your own reasons to move to another platform SMH
    buwee likes this.
    04-04-12 01:27 PM
    Nice try. The existence of threads proves that some people have problems, not the majority of people have problems like you stated. At best you provided anecdotal evidence in support of a much less dramatic claim.

I don't know why you can't understand what I'm gettin at... There is an increasing amount of threads about freezing than praising the phone for its speed (if you can call it that) ...
    04-04-12 01:32 PM
    You better not move to an iPhone though, I did a google search and there are threads about it freezing. Clearly the majority of people with iPhones have freezing problems.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    04-04-12 01:38 PM
    You better not move to an iPhone though, I did a google search and there are threads about it freezing. Clearly the majority of people with iPhones have freezing problems.

OK I see the way you participate in debates is kinda childish... I'll just leave it at that...
    04-04-12 01:44 PM
    OK I see the way you participate in debates is kinda childish... I'll just leave it at that...

You are the one calling people Fanboys. I just called into question your logic. Not much really to debate though, its too bad your 9860 isn't working out for you.

04-04-12 01:55 PM
    Yup, this forum is full of BB fanboys! I use to be one myself but frankly, I am tired of defending a company that can't even produce a phone that I don't need to have quickpull installed to do a daily reset LOL. Every BB that I have used (this includes every OS7 device which I have) starts to lag big time if I don't reset it at least once every 3 days.
    Other issues include: The screen sometimes gets so dim that I can't see the caller ID on it if I pull the phone out of my pocket on a bright sunny day (This happens on my 9900, 9810 and the 9860) so it must be a BB design problem, sometimes the dialpad doesn't work while on a call so I can't enter any touch tone commands and on and on.
    Other phones that I am using do not have all these issues.
    04-04-12 02:13 PM
    Yup, this forum is full of BB fanboys! I use to be one myself but frankly, I am tired of defending a company that can't even produce a phone that I don't need to have quickpull installed to do a daily reset LOL. Every BB that I have used (this includes every OS7 device which I have) starts to lag big time if I don't reset it at least once every 3 days.

Other issues include: The screen sometimes gets so dim that I can't see the caller ID on it if I pull the phone out of my pocket on a bright sunny day (This happens on my 9900, 9810 and the 9860) so it must be a BB design problem, sometimes the dialpad doesn't work while on a call so I can't enter any touch tone commands and on and on.

Other phones that I am using do not have all these issues.

Well thank you for your input... Its fine to be a fan boy I was one myself for 7 years with 4 bb devices... But there comes a time when Enough is enough..
    04-04-12 02:23 PM
    Maybe ill try the apploader method. Thanks!

04-05-12 08:21 AM
    Hello guys,
    I am still a newbie here, need some expert advice that has done it.
    I am thinking of upgrading my Torch 9860 from 7.1.205 to the latest leaked OS 7.1.0.342 .
    Questions :
    1. I am using BB DM to backup everything, but the options only backup data not apps. Do I have to reinstall all my apps again after upgrading to a new OS or the upgrade process will not wipe out my current apps already installed .

2. I have BES activated email, do I have to reactivate BES again to get my corporate email ?

I am just trying to be proactive before actually doing this. BTW : I will be following this thread to do the upgrade :
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

Any inputs or advice would be appreciated .
    Thanks
    04-05-12 08:00 PM
    Hello guys,
    I am still a newbie here, need some expert advice that has done it.
    I am thinking of upgrading my Torch 9860 from 7.1.205 to the latest leaked OS 7.1.0.342 .
    Questions :
    1. I am using BB DM to backup everything, but the options only backup data not apps. Do I have to reinstall all my apps again after upgrading to a new OS or the upgrade process will not wipe out my current apps already installed .

2. I have BES activated email, do I have to reactivate BES again to get my corporate email ?

I am just trying to be proactive before actually doing this. BTW : I will be following this thread to do the upgrade :
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

Any inputs or advice would be appreciated .
    Thanks

1. Download bbsak to backup apps..
    2.not sure about bes.. But I assume you will have to activate it again.

Just make sure u delete vendor files and it should be fine
    04-05-12 08:02 PM
    Excellent discussion of the findings and fixed things in this leak. So appreciate that we've kept on topic and no admin has saw fit to clean the thread up.
    04-06-12 03:21 PM
    Thx MervinKing,
    So I assumed if you don't use BBSAK to backup your 3rd party apps, after you did the OS upgrade , you have to manually installed all 3rd party apps one at a time , correct ?

Do you recommend upgrading from 7.1.205 to 7.1.0.342 ?

If so, I guess the new upgrade will always wipe out all 3rd party apps , can someone confirm if this statement is correct ?

Also another question , do you have to load the cellphone provider service books after the upgrade ?

Thx and Happy Easter
    Last edited by wtfdc; 04-06-12 at 04:46 PM.
    04-06-12 04:16 PM
    Thx MervinKing,
    So I assumed if you don't use BBSAK to backup your 3rd party apps, after you did the OS upgrade , you have to manually installed all 3rd party apps one at a time , correct ?

Do you recommend upgrading from 7.1.205 to 7.1.0.342 ?

If so, I guess the new upgrade will always wipe out all 3rd party apps , can someone confirm if this statement is correct ?

Also another question , do you have to load the cellphone provider service books after the upgrade ?

Thx and Happy Easter

Yeh sometimes the app dissapear but sometimes they have stayed for me... But best to have a backup just incase.....I would get the 342 one it had a good battery life for me..the service books should be restored during the update... If not send them again
    04-06-12 04:49 PM
134 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD