Hello All.. I'm a newbie although I've been reading your posts for a few months now. Everything you guys have posted on here have been very helpful to me. I appreciate it all very much.

I finally took the plunge of updating my OS to this leaked .342 version. I've never done this before so all the tutorials and advice everyone has posted really helped me. And to top it all off, the whole process was as painless as can be. I used the DM method for the update.

So far, everything's going well. My main issue for updating was because of the pathetic battery life I was getting from the last official OS on my 9860. Before updating, I downloaded the BB Device Analyzer to see how my battery drain rate was. I was around the 4-5% and by 10pm, the charge left would be around 10% every day. And this was light to moderate use!

It's only been 24 hours since my update, and after 3-4 battery pulls my drain rate now is 2-3%. That's considered "normal" according to the device analyzer. My 3rd party programs are all the current ones available in App World so they're pretty stable. The only feature I don't seem to have is wi-fi calling. Other than that, everything else is present.

Thank you for all the info you posted on here. It's made updating to "leaked" OS's not so scary anymore. Again, thank you!
    03-28-12 02:24 AM
    Is it possible that this new OS supports some sort of a flashplayer for watching videos?
    03-28-12 07:42 AM
    Anyone here after updating to this version the trackpad backlight stop working? Mine does and if I tap it couple of times it will on and after it dimmed and I push it again it won't light on..
    Is it because of the os?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    03-28-12 08:13 AM
    Anyone here after updating to this version the trackpad backlight stop working? Mine does and if I tap it couple of times it will on and after it dimmed and I push it again it won't light on..
    Is it because of the os?

I had that problem at first. The light started to disappear. and after a few days it doesn't light anymore but the other 4 buttons lights up. then the trackpad stopped responding when clicked. and noticed that at one point when clicking it lights up. but now my trackpad doesn't light up. and doesn't work when clicked.

I was using 7.1.0.267 and somebody said to me that it might be an OS related problem. then I downgraded to 7.0.0.540 thats when the trackpad stopped responding to clicks. and when 7.1.0.342 was leaked. updated to it and now it stopped lighting up and doesn't respond clicked. SO MY HUNCH IS NOW HARDWARE PROBLEM. SO I'M WAITING FOR IT TO BE FIXED.
    bpanesar likes this.
    03-28-12 10:26 AM
    Been using this version for about a week and a half. No problems. However, I think it uses too much memory as my MeterBerry app usually says "reset" every 12hrs or so.

Everything else seems good to go.
    04-01-12 09:46 AM
    Finally gettin rid of this phone and bb Altogether
    04-01-12 10:58 AM
    Why MervinKing?

04-01-12 12:13 PM
    Why MervinKing?

Yes, why? You're a CrackBerry forum legend... +600 posts. Loud BB Advocate.

Are you just "biting the dust"?
    04-01-12 12:17 PM
    Yes, why? You're a CrackBerry forum legend... +600 posts. Loud BB Advocate.

Are you just "biting the dust"?

Yes those posts have come from the 7 years I've been with bb... So considering the time I've had on the platform I've had enough time to explore but its boring now... One of the many reasons I had bb was because of bbm but most my friends have left bb platform now... I just get frustrated with the clock loading thing and just the slowness of the device overall that shouldn't be happening when I paid £400 for a device... So I copped myself a galaxy s2 can't wait for it.. I doubt bb 10 will make people come back to bb... They needed to do that last year
    04-01-12 01:17 PM
    Well, I've read in the forums here that some Berries were picked by the Android are rolling back to the vine due to the Droids weakness to malware, and the up coming Privacy Policy changes.

I've had an HTC WM before, and I'll admit that the TFlo3D / Sense attracted me.

Eye candy is what consumers crave, but RIM and Apple aren't paying attention, that's why Droids are really "catching".
    04-01-12 01:30 PM
    @ mervinking - that's unfortunate but I hope you enjoy your S2!
    04-01-12 01:31 PM
    I'm sure everyone on here gets the constant freezing on their bb7 phones..but I guess most people just can't admit it because they love bb ... But I can't handle it anymore especially when I no I could've got a much better phone for the same price...
    04-01-12 01:38 PM
    I get the occasional freezing but not enough that it bothers me to much. My biggest gripe would be appworld constantly needing to close due to error. It takes 3 or 4 attempts before I can get into it!

The S2 is a great phone though. Almost had one myself but I found it a little too big.

Yep bb appworld is just so backwards and slow... Not to mention there's no quality apps in there when you finally get in lol... You will make the switch soon ... Mark my words...
    04-01-12 02:17 PM
    Wow I'm thinking of getting a second BB or a iPhone 4 to pair it up with my Torch. Haha but sometimes I hate my bb and I always think that I should get rid of it and get and Unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus. But when I think about my free BIS/Data Plan I always conclude to stay to BB.

04-01-12 09:42 PM
    Lol u wud leave if u had to pay for ur bis data... Obv if u have someting for free u myt aswell stay
    04-01-12 09:51 PM
    Yes that's the point of me staying. Haha
    04-01-12 11:21 PM
    I'm sure everyone on here gets the constant freezing on their bb7 phones..but I guess most people just can't admit it because they love bb ... But I can't handle it anymore especially when I no I could've got a much better phone for the same price...
    He's definitely right.. After and before upgrading .342, I had a constant 10 seconds freeze on my browser.. Well, at first I'm trying to endure it, but it's really annoying.. It usually happened after I haven't reboot my phone in a day.. Well, I guess it's because the memory leak.. Really disappointed in bb.. Hope they will do better in the future..
    04-02-12 03:07 AM
    Yeah me too. My phone randomly freezes. ( sad thing.
    04-02-12 05:01 AM
    The new os updates will do nothing the CPU is jus too slow.. These should have been dual core atleast the torch and the bold...
    04-02-12 09:02 AM
    The new os updates will do nothing the CPU is jus too slow.. These should have been dual core atleast the torch and the bold...
    I think it's not because the CPU..
    Snapdragon s2 1,2 ghz still perform well.. Take a look at htc desire s or incredible s..
    They use the same CPU as ours, but they can run android (which is MORE heavier than os 7) smoothly..
    Even with custom OS now they can run ICS smoothly, altough still buggy..

Why RIM??? Why did you make such a crappy software... The hardware is fine, the software sucks..
    04-02-12 09:57 AM
    Take a look at phils sense 4 review over on android central... Now that's wat I call a solid UI... Nothing boring about it... Pure class...
    04-02-12 10:23 AM
    Take a look at phils sense 4 review over on android central... Now that's wat I call a solid UI... Nothing boring about it... Pure class...
    OS 7 is nothing near sense 4..
    It's like comparing 1998 car with 2012 car..
    04-03-12 09:37 AM
    OS 7 is nothing near sense 4..

It's like comparing 1998 car with 2012 car..

Yeh obviously... I doubt even bb10 will be as fluid as that...
    04-03-12 09:48 AM
    When I installed this release, my phone became really buggy and laggy. I downgraded to 7.1.0.205 and voila! Everything now runs smoothly and efficiently! No more lags! Try this and report your findings.

Sent from my Unlocked BlackBerry Torch 9860 on T-mobile Network.
    04-03-12 10:28 AM
    When I installed this release, my phone became really buggy and laggy. I downgraded to 7.1.0.205 and voila! Everything now runs smoothly and efficiently! No more lags! Try this and report your findings.

Sent from my Unlocked BlackBerry Torch 9860 on T-mobile Network.

No problem with the leak here. Did you do some battery pulls after upgrading?

Sounds like you might need to wipe and do a full install.

Could of been a good install of the old OS and not the OS itself. I use the apploader method and never an issue.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    04-03-12 11:04 AM
134 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD