Nice to see the wifi hotspot feature. But getting that enabled through AT&T would take me off my unlimited plan to a higher priced 5 GB tethering plan.

Non-starter for that reason alone. I think it's criminal the trend in data pricing. Bandwidth is not as expensive at these companies are making it and there is a degree of collusion that is slowly killing consumer options among different vendors. The US once again serves it up to corporate greed while other parts of the world have a better approach to wireless and bandwidth overall.
    03-25-12 12:17 PM
    After I upgrade to this release I'm getting the following error code 0x80043ac9. Is anyone else receiving this and does anyone know how to fix it?
    03-25-12 06:22 PM
    After I upgrade to this release I'm getting the following error code 0x80043ac9. Is anyone else receiving this and does anyone know how to fix it?
    mettstang, a couple of suggestions:

1) Your signature says Curve 8310 - obviously you have a 9810 - might want to update your signature so people don't get confused
    2) It is always helpful to provide more info when describing problems - I happened to know that the error code you mentioned is related to problems syncing using DTM, but someone else may not.

Essentially - your contact list or calendar contains some corrupt or outdated information that is stopping the sync from operating properly.

Anyway - use this link to a Google search results page - there are several links to discussions/solutions for this problem:

Google
    03-25-12 07:00 PM
    I did the upgrade and used the BBH (to shrink the OS) and DM to install it. Everything went smooth up until the very last restore item. I got an error saying the the OMA DA 0/1 was not restored. IS this something to worry about. The 9810 seems to be functioning as before the upgrade. I have tried all the 3rd party apps and company based security things and all looks good.

Any insight would be helpful.

Ciao.
    meatball and others with the "OMA DA 0/1" error message: OMA is an alliance of several cell phone device manufacturers, developers of media software, and certain cellular carriers. The OMA software they have developed has to do with securing media rights (to prevent copyright infringement on media) - the error message is stating that during installation/restore, there was 1 record that did not get restored onto your device (hence the "0/1" - ZERO restoration of ONE record).

I got the same error (not on str& .342, but on Mecca Beta Prime which has .342 cods) - nothing to worry about, and given the description above, this also explains why the lack of restoring the OMA record is not affecting proper operation of any of your apps.
    03-25-12 07:11 PM
    I have experienced much better battery life on this build then over 284. 284 would not last 9 hours at work while 342 will last roughly a day and a half.
    03-26-12 07:00 PM
    Download link not working
    03-27-12 11:41 AM
    DON'T go with this one! Random hanging (though the battery life is better) and random heating up, coupled with wifi issues make this the worst build ever. It also shows H+ instead of the way more uber awesome 4G...
    03-28-12 02:27 PM
    DON'T go with this one! Random hanging (though the battery life is better) and random heating up, coupled with wifi issues make this the worst build ever. It also shows H+ instead of the way more uber awesome 4G...
    I totally agree with you on the freezing and heating up part

I switched to .284! Nice build but the memory leak is too high
    03-28-12 02:31 PM
    Not sure what you've done, but this build is solid. I've been running it for about 5 days and have no problems whatsoever! (No memory leak, no battery issues, no touch screen problems, no-NOTHING!).
    You might want to re-load it, because there is no reason for your phone to heat up from this OS unless you have a bad install. Did you "shrink" anything that you shouldn't have before installing?
    The H+ vs 4G is just cosmetic. They are the same!
    Last edited by tellsells; 03-28-12 at 05:07 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-28-12 02:32 PM
    Not sure what you've done, but this build is solid. I've been running it for about 5 days and have no problems whatsoever!

You might want to re-load it, because there is no reason for your phone to heat up from this OS unless you have a bad install. Did you "shrink" anything that you shouldn't have before installing?

The H+ vs 4G is just cosmetic. They are the same!

In total agreement with you. No issues with heating, or any major issues with the touchscreen as well or would cause me to create thread(s). LOL, reminds me of the SMS issue that some complained about on our 9700s. As TS stated, reload the OS, and check your apps before "dismissing" it or advising others to stay away. Not giving you a hard time. Just informing you so others won't. Most of the OS I use always work better for me the 2nd time around.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    swiftex likes this.
    03-28-12 04:39 PM
    Links dead, anyone got an updated one?, Cheers in advance..
    03-30-12 05:46 PM
    Links dead, anyone got an updated one?, Cheers in advance..
    Here you go (same as the official):
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...579F5495C1193E
    frijolito_uk likes this.
    03-30-12 06:03 PM
    Just loaded the .343 OS and so far so good, the installation was quite smooth. First thing i noticed though Signal strength has improved significantly - I usually had a single bar of 3G with my storm, but on my 9810 os .2XX build it was always on Edge....Immediately after upgrade the device to 2 bars with the H+.

Yes 4G has been replaced with H+, but just like someone said earlier...its just cosmetics -not truly 4G

All my settings didn't restore (backgrounds, ring tones, text messages etc) am sure after my mail synchronizes now i can do those.

My biggest challenge i have always had was the virtual keyboard doen't work ...am sure this was a factory defect with my phone -too late before i discovered it.

Hope this fixes it.

Someone mentioned a different keyboard style in the lock screen -would check that out.

All in all i would give feedback on this thread after a couple of days use.
    03-30-12 07:48 PM
    Here you go (same as the official):
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...579F5495C1193E
    Thanks for the link, but I heard the official one had hotspot disabled whereas the leaked one had it open, can anyone confirm that please?
    04-02-12 08:50 AM
    Ok so today i decided to download, 9810jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1149_PL5.1.0.276_A7.1.0.3 42.exe and upgrade my 9810.
    the problem now is everytime i start it up it would work for 3-4 minutes then start to freeze up ... then it would completely reboot.
    this happens everytime.

i even managed to do a full security wipe. same problem.

1) how can i go about restoring 7.0?

2) is there a way to figure out why its doing this reboot thing?
    04-06-12 04:12 PM
    I went to Blackberry.com and was able to update my 9810 straight from their site. I'm with AT&T so I'm a bit confused to why it is letting me update to 7.1.0.342; as it didn't let me update to 7.1.0.258... but any how.. updating now...

I had 7.0.0.585, I went to Blackberry.com then the 7.1 OS link.. then clicked check for updates... and it let me update to 7.1.0.342
    Hmmm. I have AT&T with 7.1.0.258 (7.1 Bundle 888), went to BB and found that to be the latest available for my phone. Must be an AT&T thing. Sure could use a couple of improvements. Touch screen and tetherings. Have terrible time getting the AT&T communication manager to connect to this since the 7.1 update. The access point works when AT&T has bandwidth available - not much of the time.
    04-09-12 12:09 PM
    Upgraded to 342 - smooth sailing, no issues with install
    Battery seems good, signal good

One small thing....
    When paired with playbook, blue light would flash (BT active, connected)
    But with this version, one flash when first connecting, then nothing
    (still connected but no notification light)

Tried restarting, resetting both, no change
    No biggie just an odd thing.
    Check your bluetooth settings ... maybe the notification for a bt connection got turned off in the upgrade process.
    Manage Connections > Networks and Connections > Bluetooth Connections > BB key > Options, then see if LED Connection Indicator is checked.
    04-11-12 11:23 PM
    will my 3g band work on a att phone with it release??
    05-05-12 03:16 PM
    i have upgraded my 9810 to 342 official it has no hotspot.
    06-07-12 07:37 AM
94 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD