As mentioned in another thread, Gold battery here with .342 installed. No issues or woes whatsoever.
    03-23-12 09:17 AM
    Now - here's someone who exactly knows his device & the problems that lie around it. And has taken the initiative to adapt certain ways to use the device thus - never complains or the issues aren't a problem to him.

I must say from some of your past posts on CB on various subjects, I've learnt many new things from you & have also tried to adapt my 9900 in ways to combat issues like batt life etc.

Conclusion: I don't have a problem as such with 9900 and its battery ...

And many thanks to you for involuntarily sharing some of your secrets read & interpreted "between the lines" ...
    Well that made me LOL!
    03-23-12 09:19 AM
    I asked Phil to comment about battery life, I know that there are not 2 people with the same usage pattern, all I wanted is to hear if Phil noticed any improvement with HIS usage pattern.

I seems to me you miss the point of this forum, which is share information.
    It seems to me that you have a guilty conscience and admitted to the deed, I didn't direct that towards you did I?

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO View 4G (Honeycomb)
    03-23-12 09:48 AM
    So far after 20 + hours my battery life has improved while using wifi calling, bluetooth and GPS (miaddias app).

My phone hasn't locked up which was a constant issue for me with the previous leak i was using (.286 or .267 dont recall).

Very happy.. Hopefully it continues.

My current drain is 2.79 % per hour according to the blackberry analyzer. Power savings is on after 20% and i always keep my brightness at 10%
    estro22 likes this.
    03-23-12 02:45 PM
    So far after 20 + hours my battery life has improved while using wifi calling, bluetooth and GPS (miaddias app).

My phone hasn't locked up which was a constant issue for me with the previous leak i was using (.286 or .267 dont recall).

Very happy.. Hopefully it continues.

My current drain is 2.79 % per hour according to the blackberry analyzer. Power savings is on after 20% and i always keep my brightness at 10%

Thanks for your input, can you recall what was you drain rate before ths leak?
    Did you noticed any drop in your signal strength?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-23-12 04:02 PM
    after two days of use:

1- Battery life improved
    2- less network hangout
    3- faster response
    4- no hotspot
    03-23-12 04:14 PM
    What a disgussion
    03-23-12 10:44 PM
    Thanks for your input, can you recall what was you drain rate before ths leak?
    Did you noticed any drop in your signal strength?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Dont know what my drain rate was as it would freeze once or twice a day resetting the logs and i would have to enable the logging again and i forgot the check before it would freeze again.

But my phone would last about 14 hours before hitting running out of juice. I will pull the battery before bed and let it charge overnight and post how long it lasts.
    estro22 likes this.
    03-23-12 11:07 PM
    i installed the installer but there is no vendor.xml to delete, also i can't find the update on desktop manager or loader.exe, what did i do wrong?
    03-25-12 01:30 AM
    i installed the installer but there is no vendor.xml to delete, also i can't find the update on desktop manager or loader.exe, what did i do wrong?
    it is my understanding that leaked OS's don't have vendor.xml files to be deleted, only for official OS's from other carriers, not yours.

How did you install the OS? through "No base" or with .284 or .267 base? If you are using Desktop software, hit update anyway and it will look for OS's installed in your computer. If you are using .284 now, and you used either the .284 or .267 base in installing the .342 OS, of course it will not see the .342 because it is hidden in .284 or .267 files.

So when you hit update and desktop software finds either .284 and/or .267 in your computer, choose the OS base you used in installing .342.
    03-25-12 09:44 AM
    Obviously this could be hardware related, but my "x" key started sticking. It works but I have to press down harder. With the usual key press, I feel the feedback/click of the key. But it hasn't happened in the past. Coincedental, but anyone else? Maybe it's time for a warranty but I'd prefer not to have a refurb. So I'll tough it out and I'm sure I'll adapt to pressing the x key harder.
    03-25-12 11:27 AM
    Well that made me LOL!
    +1 LOL me too
    03-25-12 12:12 PM
    I have downloaded three versions of this and not one of them work....not HP..
    03-25-12 12:42 PM
    Worked fine for me -
    03-25-12 12:52 PM
    it is my understanding that leaked OS's don't have vendor.xml files to be deleted, only for official OS's from other carriers, not yours.

How did you install the OS? through "No base" or with .284 or .267 base? If you are using Desktop software, hit update anyway and it will look for OS's installed in your computer. If you are using .284 now, and you used either the .284 or .267 base in installing the .342 OS, of course it will not see the .342 because it is hidden in .284 or .267 files.

So when you hit update and desktop software finds either .284 and/or .267 in your computer, choose the OS base you used in installing .342.
    Does this mean that i need to install 284 or 267 then install 342 and use either 2 as base?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-25-12 05:22 PM
    I upgraded to .342 the day it was leaked. I can now confirm that wifi calling is significantly improved from the earlier leaks. I can't actually confirm it's better than the official .284 version because I only had that loaded for a day or two before I upgraded to .342. But I can confirm that with .342 the sound quality is really good. And even though I wish the 9900 supported true UMA, I have to admit that my UMA experience with my old 9700 was not nearly as good as wifi calling quality with this latest leak.

Thank you t-mobile and RIM for making this feature very very much better than it used to be.

...and on a totally different topic, thanks also for fixing the previously very annoying mobile hotspot disappearing SSID bug!
    03-25-12 06:02 PM
    Does this mean that i need to install 284 or 267 then install 342 and use either 2 as base?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No need to install .284 or .267 kabayan. You may use either as base if you have them already in your computer. At any rate, even if you have them already, you can still use the NO Base method. In fact, that is much simpler. I used the no base method although i have the .267 and .284.
    03-25-12 07:43 PM
    No need to install .284 or .267 kabayan. You may use either as base if you have them already in your computer. At any rate, even if you have them already, you can still use the NO Base method. In fact, that is much simpler. I used the no base method although i have the .267 and .284.
    but it won't show on the updates that there is this installed new os for 9900. weird, i was able to install v7.1.205 but can't with this one... where did you download your update file?
    03-25-12 08:39 PM
    but it won't show on the updates that there is this installed new os for 9900. weird, i was able to install v7.1.205 but can't with this one... where did you download your update file?
    It's not supposed to show any update.

This is what a member did and he explains it in simple terms. I am about to try these step by step.

Originally Posted by DWPGQ View Post
    Here is how I got it to work.............

I had .267 installed on my PC ( windows 7).
    Download the leak (.342)
    once downloaded, run it and it will ask you to select your device (I was runnig .267 so selected it)
    .342 then installs over your current OS install on your PC ( I never used any BBH tools to install the OS by the way)
    What can get confusing is that it does not change the name of your current OS installed on your PC, but it has been updated. Desktop Manager won't recognize it as a new OS either.
    Next, open DM and hook your phone up to your PC.
    Under Device, select Update. It will say that no updates are available. Select view other versions and install what looks like your current OS.
    Once installed, you will have .342 on your phone, and it has been working great so far.

Regards
    03-25-12 09:45 PM
    It's not supposed to show any update.

This is what a member did and he explains it in simple terms. I am about to try these step by step.

Originally Posted by DWPGQ View Post
    Here is how I got it to work.............

I had .267 installed on my PC ( windows 7).
    Download the leak (.342)
    once downloaded, run it and it will ask you to select your device (I was runnig .267 so selected it)
    .342 then installs over your current OS install on your PC ( I never used any BBH tools to install the OS by the way)
    What can get confusing is that it does not change the name of your current OS installed on your PC, but it has been updated. Desktop Manager won't recognize it as a new OS either.
    Under Device, select Update. It will say that no updates are available. Select view other versions and install what looks like your current OS.
    Once installed, you will have .342 on your phone, and it has been working great so far.

Regards
    this is what i will try next... thanks again guys and gals!
    03-25-12 10:10 PM
    Managed to get it to work. Strange how DM won't recognise 342. I have the hotspot on Vodafone and all seems well so far.
    03-26-12 04:17 PM
    With the .342 loaded on AT&T - I am unable to perform a WiFi hotspot. Everything else works...

Is it possible to get the "file" from an earlier build like .284 - that would enable WiFi hotspot to work - and put it into a .jad so I can load it?

I hate to downgrade just for that.
    03-26-12 06:01 PM
    Managed to get it to work. Strange how DM won't recognise 342. I have the hotspot on Vodafone and all seems well so far.
    how were you able to install it if DM won't recognise 342? i have the same problem. Thanks.
    03-26-12 07:55 PM
    Trigo, try all the steps I gave you, but do this before the Red font step:

Delete the Vendor.xml file <--- After 3 tries, this is what I did and it worked,from there you open DM again and you should get an update saying, "There's a new update of .342" or something "would you like to update, or later? " Choose Update.
    03-26-12 11:06 PM
    how were you able to install it if DM won't recognise 342? i have the same problem. Thanks.
    What everyone says is true for it. If you open the build and install it over whatever base OS you have. I had 267, so I downloaded it over 267. It asks where to install so you select whatever you are running (267).
    I did the shrink and again it asked to install, I selected the folder 267 and the software did the shrink and saved the OS. The DM doesn't see OS for some reason. When you ask to view other versions it shows the OS you are running, mine was again 267. I selected install OS and it appears as if I was installing the current OS. The DM shows 7.1and bundle 9xx (can't remember) when you select on your phone options/device/about device versions it shows you 7.1 bundle 1149 (v7.1.0.342,platform 5.1.0.276) but when I plugged in to check the DM now shows bundle 1149. My issue seemed to be that the first three downloads I did of 342 had errors or could not open due to errors.

Very strange, but seems to work. As an engineer blind faith was never my strong point, I like to see data, but blind faith seems to work in this case....hope that helps.
    03-27-12 12:32 AM
188 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD