Rar file is encrypted. Requires password to extract. Any chance you can post the password to unrar? Thanks.
    03-22-12 05:42 AM
    Rar file is encrypted. Requires password to extract. Any chance you can post the password to unrar? Thanks.
    PW is "9900"
    03-22-12 05:45 AM
    Guys - have you noticed that after a pull or a reboot wifi is on?
    Didn't happen here. WiFi remains off.
    The only time it came on was at the first start up (after installation).
    03-22-12 05:56 AM
    Mobile hotspot is working as it should,and wifi only turns on after reboot if I had it on before I rebooted. No errors so far. I'm at 65% battery after 2.5 hours, but that's because I haven't put my phone down since then and it has been using data constantly. Web, email, Pandora, calls, text. BDA shows 2.66% average discharge which doesn't sound right. But it kind of is.

EDIT: Aside from using NFC Shortcuts anyone else find any use for NFC yet? No payment options available stateside. And I would get NFC shortcuts and the tags but that would only serve me one purpose is to turn on bluetooth when I get in the car which I don't use that often either way.
    03-22-12 11:51 AM
    So anyone want to comment on the "snappiness"? Browser functionality? Are you "clocks"/Freezes? Battery drain rate for some of you? any noticable bugs/features?

I'll be installing anyway but it'd be nice to know impressions
    03-22-12 12:12 PM
    So anyone want to comment on the "snappiness"? Browser functionality? Are you "clocks"/Freezes? Battery drain rate for some of you? any noticable bugs/features?

I'll be installing anyway but it'd be nice to know impressions
    After just 2 days on .284, I just installed .342 this afternoon. BeWeather does not update right off the bat, but it does after a batt pull. Txt messages and WhatsApp msgs are missing, but it does not matter anyway....

I did not notice any clocks appearing...operation is a little jumpy or jerky at first, but settles down after a little while...

But so far, everything is excellent.
    03-22-12 12:55 PM
    I think probably loads of people seem to be giving this one a miss because of the way we have to install this one *shrugs shoulders* Here goes..
    03-22-12 02:07 PM
    Any signs of media server in this os?
    03-22-12 03:43 PM
    Any signs of media server in this os?
    Yes, same place it's been for a while... Media > (Menu) Media Options > Media Server
    03-22-12 04:29 PM
    I am on Rogers network in Canada and currently using the OS 7.1.0.284. Which is the best OS so far that locks on solidly to Rogers network on 3G. My phone has crappy 3G signals most times, EDGE is OK with 2, 3 some times 4 bars. There is a crackling sound while wearing a head set and talking. I understand .284 is for T Mobile and T Mobile's frequencies are not the same as Rogers, so how can I work around making the radio signals stronger on Rogers network. Please someone help.
    03-22-12 04:51 PM
    I am on Rogers network in Canada and currently using the OS 7.1.0.284. Which is the best OS so far that locks on solidly to Rogers network on 3G. My phone has crappy 3G signals most times, EDGE is OK with 2, 3 some times 4 bars. There is a crackling sound while wearing a head set and talking. I understand .284 is for T Mobile and T Mobile's frequencies are not the same as Rogers, so how can I work around making the radio signals stronger on Rogers network. Please someone help.
    This thread is for .342 not .284

Anyway, OS radio files are generic and cover all GSM frequencies.
    03-22-12 05:01 PM
    how can I work around making the radio signals stronger on Rogers network. Please someone help.
    U may try similar stunts like I did ...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-drain-707644/
    03-22-12 06:02 PM
    This thread is for .342 not .284

Anyway, OS radio files are generic and cover all GSM frequencies.
    Hi Phil,
    Can you comment regarding improvement in the battery department?
    [I had .342 for 2 days and was unimpressed [battery life remained the same however signal strength was unstable while on .284 I got 4-5 bars], I wonder if it worth a second shot.]
    03-22-12 06:09 PM
    Hi Phill,
    Can you comment regarding improvement in the battery department?
    I could... but it wouldn't help you or anyone else.

Battery life has never been a problem for me, on any OS.
    03-22-12 07:33 PM
    I'm torn between commenting on why people ask about battery life after the leak has been out for a day, almost two, and not commenting. Lets avoid the repetitive questions and posts every leak or OS update when unnecessary please. I'm sure like the rest of us, no one wants to read a thread that has 5 pages out of 15 asking "how's the battery life?" No two people have the same apps and usage so battery life thus cannot be measured by asking, if you truly want to know....install it yourself and find out; if the battery doesn't meet your expectations revert to whichever OS version you were using. SIMPLE AS THAT.

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO View 4G (Honeycomb)
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-22-12 11:10 PM
    I'm torn between commenting on why people ask about battery life after the leak has been out for a day, almost two, and not commenting. Lets avoid the repetitive questions and posts every leak or OS update when unnecessary please. I'm sure like the rest of us, no one wants to read a thread that has 5 pages out of 15 asking "how's the battery life?" No two people have the same apps and usage so battery life thus cannot be measured by asking, if you truly want to know....install it yourself and find out; if the battery doesn't meet your expectations revert to whichever OS version you were using. SIMPLE AS THAT.

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO View 4G (Honeycomb)
    I asked Phil to comment about battery life, I know that there are not 2 people with the same usage pattern, all I wanted is to hear if Phil noticed any improvement with HIS usage pattern.

I seems to me you miss the point of this forum, which is share information.
    03-23-12 04:01 AM
    I found this OS really bad compared to .284, just done another wipe and reload with it to see if a get better results 2nd time round.
    03-23-12 05:06 AM
    I found this OS really bad compared to .284, just done another wipe and reload with it to see if a get better results 2nd time round.

Same as me! But after wipe and reinstall.. It really better than 284!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-23-12 06:18 AM
    Totally, This is the 1st time from all OS Leaks that I have had to do it but a reload and selective restore of only some stuff seems to have improved the Battery, slightly odd.
    03-23-12 06:27 AM
    Totally, This is the 1st time from all OS Leaks that I have had to do it but a reload and selective restore of only some stuff seems to have improved the Battery, slightly odd.
    Up to an including .205 I found that all the 7.1 OS's were fine straight after install, but the last 3 leaks have all taken at least 2 days and a few battery pulls before the battery life settled down.
    03-23-12 06:42 AM
    For some reason .342 is incompatible with the gold 2430mA replacement battery, which is a shame because it definitely outlasts the stock JM-1 battery. As soon as the new OS installed itself on my device and before reloading apps and data I got the red battery with a cross through it and had to replace the battery. There's nothing the matter with the gold battery, which works fine on other 9900s running .267. This may be part of the software-related attempts to address the bricking issue I suppose. Boring, though, and if I'd known about it in advance I'd have passed on the upgrade as there doesn't seem to be anything else worth all the hassle to get.
    03-23-12 07:10 AM
    Can anyone comment on the DLNA functions with this update? In .267 I have been able to play music files from my phone while hooked up to my PS3, however, when I try to play them through the DLNA function of my Smart TV, the files can be found, but when I try to play them I get a File Not Supported message.

I know others have also had this issue, so just wondering if .342 fixes this.

Thanks
    03-23-12 07:28 AM
    For some reason .342 is incompatible with the gold 2430mA replacement battery, which is a shame because it definitely outlasts the stock JM-1 battery. As soon as the new OS installed itself on my device and before reloading apps and data I got the red battery with a cross through it and had to replace the battery. There's nothing the matter with the gold battery, which works fine on other 9900s running .267. This may be part of the software-related attempts to address the bricking issue I suppose. Boring, though, and if I'd known about it in advance I'd have passed on the upgrade as there doesn't seem to be anything else worth all the hassle to get.
    What do you expect if you use "knock off" non OEM batteries.

If RIM will not release the battery codes to the likes of Seido then they are certainly going to try and render disreputable copies unuseable.
    audio_engr likes this.
    03-23-12 07:30 AM
    Battery life has never been a problem for me, on any OS.

Now - here's someone who exactly knows his device & the problems that lie around it. And has taken the initiative to adapt certain ways to use the device thus - never complains or the issues aren't a problem to him.

I must say from some of your past posts on CB on various subjects, I've learnt many new things from you & have also tried to adapt my 9900 in ways to combat issues like batt life etc.

Conclusion: I don't have a problem as such with 9900 and its battery ...

And many thanks to you for involuntarily sharing some of your secrets read & interpreted "between the lines" ...
    03-23-12 08:43 AM
    For some reason .342 is incompatible with the gold 2430mA replacement battery

I am glad RIM finally woke up and pulled the plug towards these fraudsters ...
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-23-12 08:47 AM
188 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD