What about this DLNA. How do we enable it on phone or is it already built in and we just go looking for it on Windows PC/Xbox/ PS3 when BB is connected to wifi network?
    03-02-12 01:12 PM
    What about this DLNA. How do we enable it on phone or is it already built in and we just go looking for it on Windows PC/Xbox/ PS3 when BB is connected to wifi network?
    Go to the Media Folder

Press the BB button and select Media Options then scroll to bottom and check File Sharing
    03-02-12 01:31 PM
    Anyone had any luck with the DNLA server streaming to an Xbox? Tried it with my son's Xbox360, the BlackBerry saw the Xbox under access control but the Xbox couldn't see my Berry.
    03-02-12 01:38 PM
    Wondering about suretype.

can you get it to prioritize "be" as opposed to br?

Let me know if you have it installed already but have no idea what I'm talking about.
    Just go to your custom dictionary and delete the "br" command..I had the same issue
    03-02-12 03:50 PM
    Link is dead....mirror anyone?
    03-02-12 05:50 PM
    Check for software upgrade on phone, Found Upgrade available - Version 7.1.0 Bundle 921
    03-02-12 05:57 PM
    Checked Phone found upgrade available no need for link
    03-02-12 06:00 PM
    Updated yesterday. Havent noticed anything in regards to better battery life ... .yet.

However, this DID fix the issue that some users have been having with Vlingo and Bluetooth input... yeah!!!

Other than that.. there is some silly "Caller Name ID" app that I cant delete and it wont let me register it either... ack...

After re-registering everything and a few reboots, things seem to be running smoothly.. with no new glitches.. have yet to play with the media player much to see if that media resources issue is still present.
    03-02-12 06:15 PM
    Can anyone verify is this fixes the issue with the inability of some 9850/9860 models not being able to charge using a car charger?
    Mine has always charged fine in the car. 7.0 and all 7.1s.

Tim
    03-02-12 08:28 PM
    Really? This was a leaked OS.

Who has it out official like?

Tim
    03-02-12 08:29 PM
    Does it include wifi hotspot?
    Yes. Had it in the prior official release of 7.1 also.

Tim
    03-02-12 08:30 PM

Tim
    Sprint for one. Doing OTA download now.
    03-02-12 09:05 PM
    Anyone using this with BES? I am experiencing major issues upon connecting to my BES.
    My phone is working fine with our BES. I did the upgrade in dm. It restored everything including my connection to our BES
    03-02-12 10:26 PM
    Still showing a memory leak of 1-2 MGS per hour. Bat life seems comparable. Certainly a bigger OS. Love how snappy it is before you dip below 220 MGs ofApp space. Too bad I like applications.
    03-04-12 03:25 PM
    Getting a ton of random lock-ups. I'm thinking I may need to start pulling apps to isolate the issue before I downgrade.
    03-05-12 02:43 PM
    I was hoping this new release would fix all the issues related to media player. There were some changes, but the volume continues to be severely muted. Yet I can't complain, so far it's less buggy compared to the previous horrible release.
    03-06-12 07:43 AM
    definitely zippier flipping through the screens/apps
    frequently hitting call button to get dialog box for find contact or recent call list will not bring up the keyboard (all versions OS since I got it, need to exit and go to contacts directly)
    speakerphone volume is useless, yesterday spontaneous reboot for no reason, installed apps (all free):
    quickpull (set to reboot daily 3am not 1pm!)
    blackberry traffic
    scientific calculator
    menu plus
    amazing pool spider
    freecell
    gpsloggerII
    convertIT
    pandora
    slacker radio
    photo studio : editor
    photo studio :camera+
    photo studio icFrames
    qrcode scanner pro
    03-09-12 05:18 PM
    Just go to your custom dictionary and delete the "br" command..I had the same issue
    This doesn't seem to work on a Torch 9850.

When I go to Custom Dictionary there is nothing displayed. It says * No Phrases *.

When I type something like "br" or "br" it tells me "the word already exists in the custom or built in dictionary". But there's no way to delete it or add it.

I can't even look at anything to SEE what's in there. This is ridiculous.
    03-09-12 07:56 PM
    My 9850 is showing v7.0.0 Bundle 1702 is up to date. (Stupid Alltel)
    03-11-12 01:36 PM
    Little confused. My Torch is showing 7.1.0 Bundle 457. This was a Verizon-approved download OTA. I guess this is a downgrade since it's bundle 267? Since it helps with Google Maps, that's a huge plus. It is a step back though, right?
    03-11-12 03:01 PM
    Little confused. My Torch is showing 7.1.0 Bundle 457. This was a Verizon-approved download OTA. I guess this is a downgrade since it's bundle 267? Since it helps with Google Maps, that's a huge plus. It is a step back though, right?
    No, it is not a step back.

The 457 you are referring to is the Bundle number which is not what the 267 refers too.

7.1.0.163 Bundle 457

This leaked version (official for Sprint and some others) is

7.1.0.267 Bundle 921

163 changes to 267
    457 goes to 921
    03-13-12 12:22 PM

Tim
    I downloaded the Sprint version, deleted the vender.xml file, and away I went.
    03-20-12 12:24 PM
    This doesn't seem to work on a Torch 9850.

When I go to Custom Dictionary there is nothing displayed. It says * No Phrases *.

When I type something like "br" or "br" it tells me "the word already exists in the custom or built in dictionary". But there's no way to delete it or add it.

I can't even look at anything to SEE what's in there. This is ridiculous.
    It's so ridiculous...you're looking in the wrong place, try "word substitution"
    03-28-12 04:33 AM
    Ok, so I've been running the new 0.267 (install went as smoothly as ever) for a day and the following issues were fixed from the 0.163 release on my phone:
    -seems MUCH MORE STABLE than 0.163 release

-Media player fixed (no more "can't allocate resources" after using any video/camera related app)
    -the little time or hourglass icon actually spins again when phone is thinking.
    -profile sounds appear to work correctly
    -the send receive arrow doesn't stay on for long periods of time (use to get even if all radios were turned off whether really sending or receiving anything)
    -Google maps voice search works now.
    - no random screen freezes (as of yet)
    -speaker phone is much louder (even playing youtube or media files)
    -Bluetooth earpiece is much louder as well.
    -the back button appears to close out apps that use to have to be closed using only the "close" option on the BB button.
    -ALL my apps worked first time with no upgrades needed! (including Bank of America App)

issues I have found:
    -battery seems to drain a bit more, but not a biggey to me in light of all the fixes above.
    - the new "battery saving mode" (under Options> Device> ) cuts the right text off in portrait mode, but you can see it in landscape.(small issue), VERY cool to have this new feature. (actually, after I changed the font size, the text now appears in portrait mode.)
    -I have NOT tried the mobile hotspot feature yet, but it is there (not disappeared as some have had happen)
    -I am having MAJOR sms txting issues. Some broadcast messages don't show multiple recipients and other single messages (sending or receiving) show as broadcast messages, when in fact they were not. (verified by actually contacting others who sent or received)

So far, this appears to be the best build yet for my Torch, and I wholly recommend people download and install this OS before Verizon and Sprint Kill the phone all-together.
    Last edited by blenheimpalace; 03-29-12 at 08:40 AM.
    03-28-12 10:39 AM
    Im having problems with the media player.After pausing a song, the sound gets louder and very "tinny". The problem has been discussed on these forums, but with no solution. Anyone know of a fix? I was thinking of swapping cod files? How? And would it work?
    Thanks
    Jim
    03-29-12 11:58 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD