05-31-12 04:17 AM
162 1234 ...
tools
    Yes I did. There was only one vendor file to delete with this version. I usually use loader but Desktop manager found the update after I deleted the vendor file and I loaded using DM.

Hello. You said you only needed to delete one vendor file to use this leak. I'm on VZW as well. Can you tell me which folder the vendor file was in please? The Program Files or the Program Files (x86)?... Much appreciated
    02-16-12 06:13 PM
    Usually I just do a search on c: for vendor.xml..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-16-12 06:15 PM
    Hello. You said you only needed to delete one vendor file to use this leak. I'm on VZW as well. Can you tell me which folder the vendor file was in please? The Program Files or the Program Files (x86)?... Much appreciated

Change your folders option to show hidden files/folders

Then go to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor file.

Or

C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    02-16-12 06:15 PM
    Please tell me this is better than that horrid .163
    02-16-12 07:01 PM
    Please tell me this is better than that horrid .163

Can't comment on battery life yet but I like it so far. Did anyone else notice the new DM backs up 3rd party apps ???

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-16-12 07:16 PM

DLNA confirmed working with my PS3. Videos take awhile to buffer. Pictures and music don't play, but I think that's from the PS3 side.

Windows Media Player successfully loaded videos which again take awhile to buffer but look beautiful after. Pictures and music also work but can be slow to toggle and also show multiples of each file.

I think it's still early beta for DLNA since it's a new feature, but I'm sure it will continue to improve over future builds.

Update: Seems pictures and music do work actually on the PS3. Problem was that I was under the video tab and not pictures/music for the designated media type. Bla1ze posted a nice video as well.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q7hgCzl1f80[/YT]
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 02-16-12 at 08:01 PM.
    02-16-12 07:24 PM
    Got it loaded after a clean wipe, will report back tomorrow. Liking it so far though, seems snappier.
    02-16-12 07:56 PM
    I didn't have to delete a vendor.xml file when upgrading my VZW 9930. Couldn't find a vendor.xml file once installed.

dbugem likes this.
    02-16-12 08:54 PM
    Excited to finally have a leak. Downloading it now and I'm going to do a backup and a wipe for a fresh install.
    02-16-12 09:23 PM
    Don't see any problems with it at all! Check back tomorrow after I try out a full day with it. I feel that I am going to LOVE this battery saving mode as the battery is going down quite slowly and I don't even see what "battery saving mode" even did... I guess it made my screen brightness like below 10% but I couldn't even really tell (must normally keep it on like 50% or something :X but it has to be doing something else too as this battery life is phenominal! Whatever! haha
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 02-16-12 at 11:27 PM.
    02-16-12 11:21 PM
    would love to know if this has the 100% to 92% battery drop glitch...please post up about that once you guys have had the chance to load this up..

Also, we need a faster mirror/ dl site....can anyone help?

TIA!
    try this one.... repo.antihackerlink.or.id
    02-17-12 03:15 AM
    so far im loving this update! first thing i noticed is that dm reinstalled my third part apps mind you i didnt dl the update for dm. boot time is insane with the amount of memory i have now.....about 45 secs! also it looks like bluetooth streaming has been fixed which is such a relief because i use my jaybird stereo headset everyday. i wont bother reporting on batt life since its only been an hour. oh one more thing......i noticed a caller name id app which i never downloaded.
    dbugem likes this.
    02-17-12 04:49 AM
    so far so good, battery seems good for the 24 hours i've been running it. I have all my apps installed and BES activated with no problems so far.
    02-17-12 06:32 AM
    for some reason i cant get this to load up, it keep freezing on me when it gets to smart card options :-(
    02-17-12 06:36 AM
    Any way to delete the Caller ID app that gets loaded with this?
    02-17-12 08:12 AM
    for some reason i cant get this to load up, it keep freezing on me when it gets to smart card options :-(
    sigh this problem again...i had this when 7.1 was initially released... :@ it freezes while backing up my device.
    02-17-12 08:34 AM
    Can someone please upload another mirror? Because jumbofiles says expired session i dont know why, and file factory says all free slots are been used! :S i want to download this! Can it be uploaded to mediafire or something like that or bayfiles! Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Orlan2; 02-17-12 at 09:13 AM.
    02-17-12 08:50 AM
    If you have to ask... you need a PC
    He asks this every time
    02-17-12 09:43 AM
    Have the leaked OS running on my Sprint 9930 and love it so far. Have had the device off the charger for almost an hour and still have 99+ (previously after 15 mins battery would drop to 92%). Phone boots up faster as well. All in all I'm happy
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    02-17-12 09:58 AM
    Can someone please upload another mirror? Because jumbofiles says expired session i dont know why, and file factory says all free slots are been used! :S i want to download this! Can it be uploaded to mediafire or something like that or bayfiles! Thanks in advance.
    I'd dump this to another site for you and others, but I can't find any sites that'd let me upload it... All the ones I've gone to either require you to register or have a limit on file size.
    jkuyp likes this.
    02-17-12 10:11 AM
    He asks this every time
    Hey pcgizmo... did you give this OS a try? Recommend or sit on it?
    02-17-12 10:48 AM
    I'd dump this to another site for you and others, but I can't find any sites that'd let me upload it... All the ones I've gone to either require you to register or have a limit on file size.
    Download (9930) 7.1.0_b921_(PL5.1.0.230_A7.1.0.267).exe from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    Orlan2 and wolfee48 like this.
    02-17-12 10:57 AM
    Do a custom back up and un-check social feeds
    02-17-12 12:14 PM
    02-17-12 12:25 PM
    BTW what do u guys recommend, a normal update or a wipe and a OS reinstall??? i already have the 7.1.0.163 on my 9930.

thanks in advance.
    02-17-12 12:42 PM
162 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD