What do you guys use to shrink this? I can only find BBHTools and the 9930 is not listed in the software.
    You can manually remove modules from the OS Java folder if needed. I don't shrink anymore so I'm unfamiliar with any of the latest versions of BBH Tool, is the 99xx series completely absent?
    02-25-12 02:03 PM
    You can manually remove modules from the OS Java folder if needed. I don't shrink anymore so I'm unfamiliar with any of the latest versions of BBH Tool, is the 99xx series completely absent?
    The 99xx series is completely absent. I knew that in the older OS versions, there was an issue in the choice of swrong phone models use to the radio modules etc. Hence I'm hesitant to try.

*** edit ***

Managed to download the latest BBHTool and it worked, the 99xx phones are listed. Loaded the shrunk .267 package into my phone and it's been alright so far.
    Last edited by boydloh; 02-26-12 at 10:28 AM. Reason: More info.
    02-25-12 09:22 PM
    Well, I finally got my battery discharge down to 1%. It was between 3 apps that jacked my discharge rate up.... Evernote, Google+, and/or Social Feeds. I never used them so no loss for me. I tried out Evernote but I'm more comfortable with the native memopad.

One thing I noticed about battery saving mode is that once it is activated, mobile hotpsot doesn't work that well. It keep cutting out. So there is one thing that it does other than regulating the backlight.

Pretty happy with the battery life on this OS once I got rid of those 3 apps.
    02-27-12 11:38 AM
    Yeah, I'm convinced 7.1 period on the 9930 is just totally borked...

Audion not working on 7.1 official (happens at random) and now this... Have seen a lot of other people report the call audio stop working on 7.1 in various other forums too...
    On Sprint 7.1 is outstanding.
    02-27-12 11:20 PM
    wait f m l.

you need a pc... i was so excited to install this, and then i remembered you needed a pc. fml.
    02-28-12 11:02 AM
    Been working really well still. No issues to report at all. Great battery life. I'm a heavy user, so I get a full day out of a charge and that's darn good for me.
    02-28-12 11:22 AM
    I own a Bold 9000 but wanted to know if 9930 users, running this version of OS, also are having an issue in the Month view of Calendar where the fonts (days of week) are extremely tiny.

Thanks!
    02-28-12 11:35 AM
    I own a Bold 9000 but wanted to know if 9930 users, running this version of OS, also are having an issue in the Month view of Calendar where the fonts (days of week) are extremely tiny.

Thanks!
    It is not an issue... it has to do with your font settings. Any font higher than 8 creates the tiny weekdays. Set it at 8 or lower and you're fine.
    02-28-12 11:48 AM
    This is my calender with the screen font set at 10.
    02-28-12 12:11 PM
    It is not an issue... it has to do with your font settings. Any font higher than 8 creates the tiny weekdays. Set it at 8 or lower and you're fine.
    Thanks for that, but it is certainly an issue... if you need a larger font size (let`s say 9) the size of the font in calendar should also be bigger... But you are right, if I set the size to 8 the fonts in calendar are ok...

Thanks!
    02-28-12 12:23 PM
    Thanks for that, but it is certainly an issue... if you need a larger font size (let`s say 9) the size of the font in calendar should also be bigger... But you are right, if I set the size to 8 the fonts in calendar are ok...

Thanks!
    Must be a 9900 issue. Per my above post, mine get larger as I increase font size.
    02-28-12 12:25 PM
    This is my calender with the screen font set at 10.

Thanks!
    It may have to do with font family and font smooting as well. If you want a larger font, the day numbers get larger and weekday heading gets smaller. Somethings gotta give to make room. Depending on your calendars settings, you should automatically know which weekday is far left and right.
    02-28-12 12:28 PM
    I�ve tried different fonts and sizes, the issue is still there.
    This only happens in the Month view of Calendar... the week view also has days as column headers and i works fine..

This problem did not occur in OS 7.0.x, I hope it will be solved in future leaks..

Cheers.
    02-28-12 12:33 PM
    Must be a 9900 issue. Per my above post, mine get larger as I increase font size.
    It's not... because mine do too.
    02-29-12 05:34 PM
    I�ve tried different fonts and sizes, the issue is still there.
    This only happens in the Month view of Calendar... the week view also has days as column headers and i works fine..

This problem did not occur in OS 7.0.x, I hope it will be solved in future leaks..

Cheers.
    I don't think it needs to be solved... it is what it is. You want bigger smaller calendar numbers and bigger weekdays? Tune down your font.

It's not... because mine do too.
    I'm with Phill_UK
    02-29-12 06:00 PM
    So from what I have read here the only real benefit of upgrading is better battery life if you were having a problem. Is there any other improvements?
    03-01-12 05:04 PM
    So from what I have read here the only real benefit of upgrading is better battery life if you were having a problem. Is there any other improvements?
    There's some functionality tweaks here and there. Universal Search now saves your searches much like the Frequent panel, don't need to to type anything if you already searched; missed calls in notifications now dial out instead of taking you to the missed call info. There's others as well.
    Hgouck likes this.
    03-01-12 05:20 PM
    i want this on my 9930, but I have a mac. If anyone has files they can send for my mac (wait is it illegal to ask to share a file on these forums? sorry if it is) I would greatly appreciate it.
    03-02-12 10:15 AM
    i want this on my 9930, but I have a mac. If anyone has files they can send for my mac (wait is it illegal to ask to share a file on these forums? sorry if it is) I would greatly appreciate it.
    I have seen people on Verizon and Sprint reporting that it is now official so check go to

Options>Device>Software Updates

to check if it is available for download.

I know it has been released for Sprint, and have seen reports of Verizon.
    03-02-12 10:44 AM
    Verizon has not released this as official yet. At least not where i live.
    03-02-12 04:08 PM
    there is a compass under applications...........cool
    Last edited by Hgouck; 03-02-12 at 10:16 PM.
    03-02-12 10:02 PM
    there is a compass under applications...........cool

Came standard since 99xx was released, FYI.
    03-02-12 11:03 PM
    Not sure how I missed it. I just saw it.
    03-03-12 06:47 AM
    Found a new bug, I think. For some reason, when I tried to change the wallpaper, it always seemed to be slightly zoomed in a focused on the tope left corner of the pic. It does not allow me to display the full wallpaper no matter how many times I try to reset the wallpaper size to the original setting.

Very strange, happens even after a battery pull.
    03-03-12 08:40 AM
    Found a new bug, I think. For some reason, when I tried to change the wallpaper, it always seemed to be slightly zoomed in a focused on the tope left corner of the pic. It does not allow me to display the full wallpaper no matter how many times I try to reset the wallpaper size to the original setting.

Very strange, happens even after a battery pull.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-issue-692424/

Hopefully this post may solve your issue. The final post seems to have a solution that may work.
    boydloh likes this.
    03-03-12 08:45 AM
162 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD