25 minutes with social feeds
    The 12 minutes I reported is also with social feeds. Wonder if it's because I only have a few feeds I want to keep track of on the go.

I've noticed the underscoring on my previous devices... I'm talking OS5 days. Can't remember if OS4 had it though. I'd have to power up the old 8330 to confirm.
    I'd have to dig out my 8130 to see if it was there as well, but I don't think it was enabled with the 8130 being a SureType keyboard; and it definitely didn't exist on my 9550. And while I was using the shortcuts on my Bold, I never noticed the underscoring until now.

One thing I'm liking is the the highlighting on the homescreen is instant-off with this version - no more blue bar in the middle of my screen after touching the notification bar or raising/lowering the panel. It's still present if using the trackpad to navigate, which is to be expected.
    02-21-12 01:09 PM

I'd have to dig out my 8130 to see if it was there as well, but I don't think it was enabled with the 8130 being a SureType keyboard; and it definitely didn't exist on my 9550. And while I was using the shortcuts on my Bold, I never noticed the underscoring until now.

One thing I'm liking is the the highlighting on the homescreen is instant-off with this version - no more blue bar in the middle of my screen after touching the notification bar or raising/lowering the panel. It's still present if using the trackpad to navigate, which is to be expected.
    I don't recall my 9550 having it either. Maybe because of the whole virtual keyboard thing.

I'll check my 8530 later on and I gotta find my 8330. I just remember that on my previous device (8530), I saw the underscore and I was scratching my head about it... then it dawned on me... hotkeys.
    02-21-12 01:23 PM
    Updated to my BB from .163 to .267 yesterday, the battery life for me has been awesome.
    I got Socialscope, Whatapps, Google Sync, Berry Addon and Tapatalk as the only 3rd party apps. with 3-emails accounts
    02-22-12 01:48 AM
    You can try to find the culprit by running the Battery Analyzer and select "Battery draining too quickly". Either open Universal Search or open Options and start typing "analyzer", select BlackBerry Device Analyzer, then Battery Tests.

You can also try using the native browser and chat clients to compare how they affect your battery life, unless "push disabled" includes not being able to use them.
    Thanks for the reply, but I've had the Analyzer running for 5 days straight now, apparently using a single tab to browse on Opera causes a 30% discharge.

Today I disabled battery mode and the battery was drained within 6 hrs -_-

I'm going to revert back to battery mode and give it a few more days, today I'm getting myself a White Blackberry 9700, I'm sorry but the 9930 is the best phone I've ever used but the battery life was the deal-breaker. I'm still getting myself a White 9900 next month however =)
    Anyone know a good price on the 9700? It's used and I'm getting it for 100-125$, does that seem reasonable?
    02-22-12 02:33 AM
    I noticed when I customize the wallpaper that it appears skewed / zoomed in a way the resulting wall doesn't fit the orig dimension of the picture/image used. Anybody?
    02-22-12 08:48 AM
    I noticed when I customize the wallpaper that it appears skewed / zoomed in a way the resulting wall doesn't fit the orig dimension of the picture/image used. Anybody?
    Yes, tryfe noticed that also. If you set the wallpaper from the pictures folder it looks right. From options it is off.
    tmord1 and snihed like this.
    02-22-12 11:35 AM
    Thanks for the reply, but I've had the Analyzer running for 5 days straight now, apparently using a single tab to browse on Opera causes a 30% discharge.

Today I disabled battery mode and the battery was drained within 6 hrs -_-

I'm going to revert back to battery mode and give it a few more days, today I'm getting myself a White Blackberry 9700, I'm sorry but the 9930 is the best phone I've ever used but the battery life was the deal-breaker. I'm still getting myself a White 9900 next month however =)
    Anyone know a good price on the 9700? It's used and I'm getting it for 100-125$, does that seem reasonable?
    That's unfortunate; hopefully the white model will work better for you.
    02-22-12 11:45 AM
    Yes, tryfe noticed that also. If you set the wallpaper from the pictures folder it looks right. From options it is off.
    Screenshots? Sets wallpaper just fine for me using any method.
    02-22-12 11:46 AM
    I have no issues over here and my wallpaper is created by BeWeather using a photo I took. It even updates with current weather conditions with no problems at all.
    02-22-12 01:14 PM
    I have an issue with the brightness. I set it at 10 and auto brightness off but it won't stay at 10, it always reverts to 70. I solved this by setting at 20 and it stays there fine.

posted using Tapatalk
    02-22-12 05:05 PM
    While wearing headphones, whenever I would pause and then unpause music thats playing from the SD card it would become loud and lack bass. Would either need to skip the track or stop and replay. This doesn't happen on 7.1.0.163 for me.

Sucks because the battery life on this OS is awesome. Though, I can't really complain about .163.
    02-23-12 02:16 AM
    Taking the plunge... installing now. Finally.

Edit: Install went flawless and it seems very snappy. How many of you out there still shrink your OS?

PCgizmo.... remember my goofy calendar thing? It appears to be gone. Sweet!
    Last edited by dustanh; 02-23-12 at 11:35 AM.
    02-23-12 10:30 AM
    Taking the plunge... installing now. Finally.<br />
    <br />
    Edit: Install went flawless and it seems very snappy. How many of you out there still shrink your OS?
    I shrunk mine and reduced the size by about 2/5. Working great!

posted using Tapatalk
    02-23-12 11:27 AM
    Anyone having issues adding birthday to contact and it doesn't show in calendar? If I manually enter it through new appointment it shows in calendar.
    02-23-12 05:04 PM
    Anyone having issues adding birthday to contact and it doesn't show in calendar? If I manually enter it through new appointment it shows in calendar.
    I noticed it doing that with .163.
    02-23-12 05:20 PM
    I noticed it doing that with .163.
    Honestly... I haven't even done at all on OS7. I just tried to add someone today.
    02-23-12 05:29 PM
    Honestly... I haven't even done at all on OS7. I just tried to add someone today.
    Same - I couldn't tell you if it existed prior to .163, I just happened to be on that particular release when I added a birthday to an existing contact. The only other beef I have with .267 is all my website launchers that were saved to homescreen and favorites are gone.
    02-23-12 05:41 PM
    Same - I couldn't tell you if it existed prior to .163, I just happened to be on that particular release when I added a birthday to an existing contact. The only other beef I have with .267 is all my website launchers that were saved to homescreen and favorites are gone.
    I used to have the browser launchers... but didn't use them, so I got rid of them. I always had the habit of going to my browser bookmarks.
    02-23-12 05:48 PM
    Upgraded my Sprint 9930 today, if I notice anything of interest, I will report back. It does seem snappier so far.
    02-24-12 01:40 PM
    Lost Connectivity to BIS on installing this Update.. :/ dno y. reverting back to 163.. nvr had much problems with that one
    02-24-12 04:32 PM
    Had all calls stop working today... Had to reboot to fix it... Dunno if this is from migrating from OS7 or if it's just 7.1 in general.

The last 7.1 official had problems where all audio in calls randomly wouldn't work as well....
    02-24-12 05:41 PM
    I had my calls stop working a few days ago. Not sure what's up with that. I went from the 7.1 official to this one and didn't experience any problems before. I may try another wipe and reload but its such a pain in the haha
    02-24-12 05:44 PM
    Yeah, I'm convinced 7.1 period on the 9930 is just totally borked...

Audion not working on 7.1 official (happens at random) and now this... Have seen a lot of other people report the call audio stop working on 7.1 in various other forums too...
    02-24-12 07:34 PM
    I noticed it takes a little bit longer to charge up. Just a little bit though... Maybe because we don't have the 92-99% drop anymore.

That's my only complaint so far... But not really. Just stating the only negative I've experienced so far on .267.

Blacked out on my Crackberry using telepathy and Tapatalk
    02-25-12 02:15 AM
    What do you guys use to shrink this? I can only find BBHTools and the 9930 is not listed in the software.
    02-25-12 12:08 PM
162 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD