Has anyone figured out what the little house with the rays icon that appears above the home screen time means? I'm guessing it's to alert you of a wifi presence but I'm not sure.
    02-20-12 06:40 AM
    Any way to delete the Caller ID app that gets loaded with this?
    Anybody know?
    02-20-12 09:02 AM
    Anybody know?
    I can't even find the caller id app. I was looking forward to it.
    02-20-12 10:17 AM
    Anybody know?

You have to go into the java folder and remove the cequint cod files then launch apploader.
    02-20-12 10:18 AM
    Has anyone figured out what the little house with the rays icon that appears above the home screen time means? I'm guessing it's to alert you of a wifi presence but I'm not sure.
    Another user posted that it might be an indicator that a home Network Extender is present.

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...ml#post7138955
    02-20-12 10:39 AM
    For the Caller ID app, if you load through DM, it should show you a list of apps that you can check to install or remove. Ensure the Caller ID is checked. However, there is a $2.99/mo subscription fee and it won't activate for now. It sends the request to the server which then usually times out and without that, it's pretty useless. I would just delete it (highlight app icon, hit bb menu, Delete) till verizon starts supporting it (remember this is a leaked OS and not yet official from Big Red).
    mscooley likes this.
    02-20-12 12:54 PM
    For the Caller ID app, if you load through DM, it should show you a list of apps that you can check to install or remove. Ensure the Caller ID is checked. However, there is a $2.99/mo subscription fee and it won't activate for now. It sends the request to the server which then usually times out and without that, it's pretty useless. I would just delete it (highlight app icon, hit bb menu, Delete) till verizon starts supporting it (remember this is a leaked OS and not yet official from Big Red).
    Got it! I'm with CSpire and pretty sure they don't support it yet either.
    02-20-12 01:16 PM
    Any way to delete the Caller ID app that gets loaded with this?
    Where did you find the "Caller ID" app?

Also: This is a great os imo. Battery life has improved and it's really smooth. As far as some of the other bugs that some seem to have (backspace button, 98% battery, etc), I haven't experienced any of it. Haven't had any luck with the wifi sharing thing, but I'm not sure if I care.
    02-20-12 01:29 PM
    I'm having problems with dlna. Keep getting an error message on my tv - no matter if video, pics or music, I keep getting an unsupported file type error.
    02-20-12 01:40 PM
    Is anyone else having an issue with swiping to get to the next or previous messages?
    02-20-12 03:48 PM
    Is anyone else having an issue with swiping to get to the next or previous messages?
    Never really used it, but it looks like it doesn't work for me anymore...
    02-20-12 03:54 PM
    I never used it myself, but yes...it seems to be gone. GOOD! That was a pian in the you-know-what for me. I'd be scrolling to see the entire message and wind up on the next message.

Edit: Still works in BB News.
    02-20-12 04:00 PM
    Haha I guess it wasn't just me that only "used" it by accident!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-20-12 04:04 PM

I've always used N and P anyhow, which still work.
    02-20-12 04:59 PM
    Looks like the swiping is a choice now.
    02-20-12 06:40 PM
    How long does it take for this to fully install/upgrade. The last update I have done took approximately 3 hours to complete.
    02-20-12 10:09 PM
    How long does it take for this to fully install/upgrade. The last update I have done took approximately 3 hours to complete.

Uninstall Socialfeeds... Should take 30 minutes.

Fulfilling my Crackberry addiction from my 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-20-12 10:25 PM
    12 minutes from start to finish for me.
    02-21-12 01:07 AM
    Did the application shortcut underscoring in the app's name exist before? If it did I'm just now noticing.

For those not aware: Calendar, Browser, Messages, Contacts, BlackBerry Messenger, Google Chat, Yahoo, Windows Live (x), Options, Phone app, Memopad, BerryWeather (or in my case w is displayed next to the conditions), Calculator, Tasks, Saved Messages, Compose - these all have keyboard shortcuts if set in Homescreen options, and now I'm noticing they're displaying the names with the shortcut underscored as I've included here. QuickLaunch shares the same letter as Password Lock, but that's incorrect as QL is set to spacebar. Search isn't listed in apps, but it's set to S if using applications shortcuts.
    02-21-12 02:10 AM
    Install went well, device seems much more snappy now. Too early to comment on battery life, but other comments are encouraging! I did notice I've got 802.11 N now, but I only recall B/G on past builds.

I'm running it with Seven Point Five theme and Easy Lock Pro - and the combination of that theme, locking app, and this software build make the device feel as it should have all along.
    02-21-12 02:42 AM

25 minutes with social feeds
    02-21-12 08:28 AM
    Did the application shortcut underscoring in the app's name exist before? If it did I'm just now noticing.

For those not aware: Calendar, Browser, Messages, Contacts, BlackBerry Messenger, Google Chat, Yahoo, Windows Live (x), Options, Phone app, Memopad, BerryWeather (or in my case w is displayed next to the conditions), Calculator, Tasks, Saved Messages, Compose - these all have keyboard shortcuts if set in Homescreen options, and now I'm noticing they're displaying the names with the shortcut underscored as I've included here. QuickLaunch shares the same letter as Password Lock, but that's incorrect as QL is set to spacebar. Search isn't listed in apps, but it's set to S if using applications shortcuts.
    I've noticed the underscoring on my previous devices... I'm talking OS5 days. Can't remember if OS4 had it though. I'd have to power up the old 8330 to confirm.

25 minutes with social feeds
    Oh yeah.... Duh, I meant uninstall Socialfeeds for OTA.
    02-21-12 09:48 AM
    After 5 days, I think it's a good idea to talk about battery life... I'm a bit disappointed tbh, sure its better than .163 BUT I'm starting to have problems that I didn't have before. For example, the battery has been acting really weird.

In the morning I wake up at 6 and the phone comes out of the charger at 100%, after only a few hours of browsing with ONE TAB on Opera, I am seeing a discharge of 20-30%, this happens for the first few hours and then throughout the day the discharge ranges from around 14% down to 2%. It's as if the first 100-40% drain quick and afterwards 40% and under, I get amazing discharge (2-3%). Does this make any sense? I know some might say that my usage can vary throughout the day, but browsing on one tab throughout the day and seeing large variations in the discharge isn't making sense.
    Another problem is while using WIFI, EVEN if I'm sitting right next to the router, my discharge is almost 30%!
    So now I just leave WIFI OFF and I average a 8-10% discharge in 24 hours.
    The other night the battery was getting dangerously low 5-10%, I put it in the charger up to 25%, took it off and started to text again, the battery got warm during this 1-2 hour session.

I am really disappointed in the battery life of this phone, some background info, this is the Verizon 9930 (CDMA), I am currently using it overseas in Bangladesh without BIS services on Global (GSM Mode, CDMA is disabled and the phone was hardware unlocked), I can access the internet fine with Opera although occasionally I have to do a hard reboot to get connection to the internet again. Can someone explain why this happens?
    I use a prepaid SIM, only pay 3.5 bucks for 1GB (Data) monthly. The phone unfortunately can only access 2G in this country, but that should just make my battery life AMAZING but that just isn't the case. I have PUSH disabled, I don't get emails unless I check using Opera.
    In terms of app use, I only use mChat and I have this running actively in the background AT ALL TIMES. I know this COULD effect the battery life, but I should still be getting amazing battery life (since I'm on 2G mode). I also listen to music most of the time.

The phone lasts maximum 8 hours and I am beginning to think my battery is faulty. Anyways, if anyone could help that would be great, I wiped the device before installing .267 so there shouldn't be any problem software-wise.
    I have the battery saving mode set as always on, the display is set at 10%, with auto-dim, 2G edge, browser is always closed unless I browse for 10, 20 minutes, mchat is always active in background, I txt heavily, but I immediately turn the screen off in between texts, and I listen to music most of the time, except in class lol. One more thing, I bought this phone when it first came out, this phone is part of the earlier batches that were prone to "bricking" but I have yet to see this happen. Should I just replace the entire unit? I'm pretty sure this batch is faulty and a newer batch would probably have much better battery life.
    Last edited by BDKira; 02-21-12 at 10:53 AM.
    02-21-12 10:13 AM
    That's unfortunate......I am seeing a discharge rate of .57 per hour (at idle) and I think its fantastic. I was averaging between 2-3% per hour on .163

posted using Tapatalk
    02-21-12 12:33 PM
    After 5 days, I think it's a good idea to talk about battery life... I'm a bit disappointed tbh, sure its better than .163 BUT I'm starting to have problems that I didn't have before. For example, the battery has been acting really weird.

In the morning I wake up at 6 and the phone comes out of the charger at 100%, after only a few hours of browsing with ONE TAB on Opera, I am seeing a discharge of 20-30%, this happens for the first few hours and then throughout the day the discharge ranges from around 14% down to 2%. It's as if the first 100-40% drain quick and afterwards 40% and under, I get amazing discharge (2-3%). Does this make any sense? I know some might say that my usage can vary throughout the day, but browsing on one tab throughout the day and seeing large variations in the discharge isn't making sense.
    Another problem is while using WIFI, EVEN if I'm sitting right next to the router, my discharge is almost 30%!
    So now I just leave WIFI OFF and I average a 8-10% discharge in 24 hours.
    The other night the battery was getting dangerously low 5-10%, I put it in the charger up to 25%, took it off and started to text again, the battery got warm during this 1-2 hour session.

I am really disappointed in the battery life of this phone, some background info, this is the Verizon 9930 (CDMA), I am currently using it overseas in Bangladesh without BIS services on Global (GSM Mode, CDMA is disabled and the phone was hardware unlocked), I can access the internet fine with Opera although occasionally I have to do a hard reboot to get connection to the internet again. Can someone explain why this happens?
    I use a prepaid SIM, only pay 3.5 bucks for 1GB (Data) monthly. The phone unfortunately can only access 2G in this country, but that should just make my battery life AMAZING but that just isn't the case. I have PUSH disabled, I don't get emails unless I check using Opera.
    In terms of app use, I only use mChat and I have this running actively in the background AT ALL TIMES. I know this COULD effect the battery life, but I should still be getting amazing battery life (since I'm on 2G mode). I also listen to music most of the time.

The phone lasts maximum 8 hours and I am beginning to think my battery is faulty. Anyways, if anyone could help that would be great, I wiped the device before installing .267 so there shouldn't be any problem software-wise.
    I have the battery saving mode set as always on, the display is set at 10%, with auto-dim, 2G edge, browser is always closed unless I browse for 10, 20 minutes, mchat is always active in background, I txt heavily, but I immediately turn the screen off in between texts, and I listen to music most of the time, except in class lol. One more thing, I bought this phone when it first came out, this phone is part of the earlier batches that were prone to "bricking" but I have yet to see this happen. Should I just replace the entire unit? I'm pretty sure this batch is faulty and a newer batch would probably have much better battery life.
    You can try to find the culprit by running the Battery Analyzer and select "Battery draining too quickly". Either open Universal Search or open Options and start typing "analyzer", select BlackBerry Device Analyzer, then Battery Tests.

You can also try using the native browser and chat clients to compare how they affect your battery life, unless "push disabled" includes not being able to use them.
    02-21-12 12:54 PM
162 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD