BTW what do u guys recommend, a normal update or a wipe and a OS reinstall??? i already have the 7.1.0.163 on my 9930.

thanks in advance.
    I would just do a regular update thru dm. I wiped and os installed with 163 so I could remove languages to get more memory. If you've done that already just go ahead with a normal update
    Orlan2 likes this.
    02-17-12 12:49 PM
    Good OS overall...I'm seeing the battery percentage hovering around the 2-3% discharge rate which is really good! As mentioned before, this has the battery saving feature, media sharing/ DLNA and the Caller ID app (which I'm really happy about since I missed that feature). The latter does come with a $2.99 monthly subscription though..

For some people that thought this was a scam, every time you load an OS, you will need to confirm your blackberry ID. I did have an issue where my calendar was not syncing and I kept getting messages from the server asking me to authenticate the account. However, once it initialized, everything was fine. I feel the OS is more polished and has a more refined feel to it...the DM update worked really well and went off without any hitches.
    dbugem likes this.
    02-17-12 02:18 PM
    and the Caller ID app (which I'm really happy about since I missed that feature). The latter does come with a $2.99 monthly subscription though..

Never heard of this?
    02-17-12 04:08 PM
    Very good battery life , so far so good... i recomend a try
    02-17-12 04:59 PM
    Hey pcgizmo... did you give this OS a try? Recommend or sit on it?
    I'm just getting around to downloading now. Go for it dustan, you can always go back if you don't like it.

Please tell me this is better than that horrid .163
    163 isn't horrid, sound like user error!

BTW what do u guys recommend, a normal update or a wipe and a OS reinstall??? i already have the 7.1.0.163 on my 9930.
    Wiping first is waste of time. Apploader wipes the OS before installing the new OS. Just use the apploader method and be done with the upgrade in about 30 minutes

thanks for the working link, that jumbofiles site blows chunks!

Never heard of this?
    Is it the City ID app? I had that on my Storm2, it's worthless.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-17-12 at 07:32 PM.
    02-17-12 07:24 PM
    I'm just getting around to downloading now. Go for it dustan, you can always go back if you don't like it.
    Yeah I could always go back. I'm not into the hoo-ra of this leak yet. I downloaded it but waiting awhile to install. .163 has been flawless for me. I don't need the battery saving option. I wasn't aware of any battery issues... oh wait... yeah there's 1,000,000 threads about it.

I'm waiting for more reports from some big names.
    02-17-12 09:00 PM
    Just wanted to say thank you to all the people who post on how to install a leaked OS. I was able to download my first leaked OS today without any problems at all. In fact all OS upgrades I have done in the past was done thru OTA and as all u know this was so much easier. I am thankful to all the knowledge and instructions tht everybody provides.
    02-17-12 09:09 PM
    I can confirm that this version holds onto battery life much better than previous builds or any hybrids in available. interface seems smooth too.

On the other hand, I don't know if it's just me but this OS seems to have major flaws on radio detection or retention for that matter. I am in a high-signal location and my signal keeps dropping from 3G to EDGE to GSM or it goes into 'SOS', my mobile network signal was in stable 3G using .163 at the same location. No issues with wifi.

These observations are made with this new leak running on the device for around 6 hours now.
    02-18-12 10:01 AM
    This is the cdma 267 os, not for gsm at all.
    02-18-12 10:39 AM
    So does that mean this release is worthless for me? I'm in Manila and I'm using a sim on my 9930 under a UMTS carrier network, not CDMA.
    02-18-12 10:44 AM
    If you have a 9930, use this one. Still has the gsm world bands in it. If you have a 9900, must use the gsm based os in the other 267 thread.
    02-18-12 10:54 AM
    This is the cdma 267 os, not for gsm at all.
    You got me confused over this statement, i thought there for a second the update was marginal and was only related to the device's CDMA band. I'm based here in Manila and we don't have CDMA here (we use to but that was years ago), been using my 9930 since it was released and never had a problem with using the alternative GSM/UMTS band rather than 1XEvo.

Which brings me back to my problem. After some 7+ hours, my phone can't seem to detect my mobile network at all, it is forever in 'SOS' or switches to roaming on 1XEvo.
    02-18-12 11:00 AM
    what is the caller id app and where is it located?
    02-18-12 03:12 PM
    Do a custom back up and un-check social feeds
    yea i found a thread that told me thats what i had to do but thanks anyway
    02-18-12 03:13 PM
    Quick question. This build seems great, but I now I have an icon the shape of a house with the wifi bands sticking out over the top of the house. It isnt the media sharing icon. Any idea what it is? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    02-18-12 06:07 PM
    Quick question. This build seems great, but I now I have an icon the shape of a house with the wifi bands sticking out over the top of the house. It isnt the media sharing icon. Any idea what it is? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I read somewhere it is the Verizon network extender icon. No idea if that's true.
    02-18-12 08:32 PM
    So does that mean this release is worthless for me? I'm in Manila and I'm using a sim on my 9930 under a UMTS carrier network, not CDMA.
    why the helI is this useless? its for 9930!! update to this and i tell you, this leak is freaking awesome.

never had problems with it after a day i have installed it. im getting 1.45% battery drain, idle. itll get better after few charges and discharges and a few batter pulls.

PS: Im in manila too.
    Last edited by 9930user; 02-19-12 at 05:46 AM.
    02-19-12 01:19 AM
    next time you try to back read before you comment. god, typical pinoy, that's why we always seem like trolls on forums, we know everything don't we?
    02-19-12 06:30 AM
    next time you try to back read before you comment. god, typical pinoy, that's why we always seem like trolls on forums, we know everything don't we?

hey man i got the 9930, i assume you got one too..

how's your experience with it compared to the 9900 based on connection speeds? i assume youve got a 9900 and 9930 (based on the one i see in your profile)
    02-19-12 07:10 AM
    You got me confused over this statement, i thought there for a second the update was marginal and was only related to the device's CDMA band. I'm based here in Manila and we don't have CDMA here (we use to but that was years ago), been using my 9930 since it was released and never had a problem with using the alternative GSM/UMTS band rather than 1XEvo.

Which brings me back to my problem. After some 7+ hours, my phone can't seem to detect my mobile network at all, it is forever in 'SOS' or switches to roaming on 1XEvo.
    Sorry about that, probably should have said this is for the 9930, not the 9900. Your post only spoke of edge and gsm, so naturally I assumed you had a 9900, for which this leak is indeed useless. Then I saw in your profile 9000 and 9930 and misread the 9000 as 9900. Oops.
    02-19-12 11:42 AM
    Can anyone elaborate on the caller id app? I can't find anything online about it unless I'm over looking it. I'm going to load this OS tonight.
    02-19-12 08:28 PM
    Can anyone elaborate on the caller id app? I can't find anything online about it unless I'm over looking it. I'm going to load this OS tonight.
    http://cequint.com/products
    mscooley likes this.
    02-19-12 08:33 PM
    http://cequint.com/products
    Thanks! Anyone actually subscribed to this? Seems pretty neat.
    02-19-12 08:48 PM
    Much better battery life!
    02-20-12 06:02 AM
    what im telling is, CDMA or not, the upgrade from .163 is worth it, definitely not worthless
    02-20-12 06:03 AM
162 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD