Thanks. What's Media Server and BlackBerry Tag?

And yeah, the "Play" button is greyed out. As for the mobile hotspot, there are no extra charges on that other than data usage right? As long as you got a data plan and not exceed it, we'll be fine? Anyone know if it uses a lot of bandwidth? I only have 5GB a month. and I do plan to hotspot from time to time with my sister and brother's tablets.
    Media Server... http://crackberry.com/first-look-bla...ver-using-dlna
    BlackBerry Tag...http://crackberry.com/blackberry-tag...-os-71-devices

As for Mobile Hotspot, you're correct. Data comes out of your monthly allowance, and there's no extra charge if you're with Telus and you don't exceed that... and you'll be fine with 5GB
    trinxified likes this.
    02-17-12 01:38 AM
    Is the sticky message notification bug gone in this version?

I was able to download it after restarting the computer and turning off Norton.
    Which bug is that? Never heard of it

...and LOL @ Norton
    02-17-12 01:43 AM
    Media Server... http://crackberry.com/first-look-bla...ver-using-dlna
    BlackBerry Tag...http://crackberry.com/blackberry-tag...-os-71-devices

As for Mobile Hotspot, you're correct. Data comes out of your monthly allowance, and there's no extra charge if you're with Telus and you don't exceed that... and you'll be fine with 5GB
    Thanks again. And good to hear that 5GB should be fine.
    02-17-12 01:49 AM
    Thanks. Installing right now
    02-17-12 01:52 AM
    Installed on Rogers 9900. After a few hours with this OS. So far so good. Except the battery drain rate is 5% an hour idle! I have no apps running in the background either.
    I sure hope after the OS settles in the battery gets better. There's some battery saving mode there as well, no? Hopefully that works too.
    02-17-12 01:54 AM
    if you go to media and then options, there is "file sharing" does anyone know what that is? first i've seen of it
    Yes ... I tried uesterday with moderate success ... but this morning ... OMG ... DLNA ... yeppeee !

You may also see this thread in the Playbook section
    02-17-12 01:59 AM
    The "Battery Saver" as they call it should just be called the "Performance Reducer". Don't plan on buisness as usual when using it.

Maybe if your on vaction and without a charger and you want to be able to make a few calls and send some messages over a 4 or 5 day span with the phone locked in between, great. But if leaving it on to extend your day to day routine is your plan then you can fuggetaboutit.
    I've had battery saving mode on all day since 90%. 9hrs later and I'm on 55%now bad at all. I used to go from 100%-10% in 6-8hrs. So yes, it does do something however I have not noticed any loss in performance.
    02-17-12 02:11 AM
    Is anyone getting mad hourglassing when enabling file sharing?
    02-17-12 02:14 AM
    any idea if the WiFi hotspot in this update ?
    and does support Arabic ?
    02-17-12 02:31 AM
    Does anybody try BB Protect on this OS?

Mine doesnt work....
    02-17-12 02:31 AM
    Does anybody try BB Protect on this OS?

Mine doesnt work....
    I have. No problems
    02-17-12 02:33 AM
    any idea if the WiFi hotspot in this update ?
    and does support Arabic ?
    Hotspot has been in it since the first 7.1 leak over a month ago.
    mublat likes this.
    02-17-12 02:41 AM

really !! then my problem remain with the Language !!
    02-17-12 02:49 AM
    Re-installed .205 just as a sanity check... able to connect to BIS via wifi.

Installed .267 after doing a factory wipe. not able to connect to BIS via wifi again.

Is it a Rogers specific issue or are others seeing this too?
    BIS over WiFi working well here. I've a Telus 9900, for whatever that's worth.
    02-17-12 02:52 AM
    Link to download.

Leaked OS 7.1.0.267
    02-17-12 02:54 AM
    Yes BB Protect works fine
    02-17-12 03:03 AM
    Hi All,

Those of you with larger data plans, would you/could you go to http://www.radioparadise.com/musiclinks/rp_128aac.m3u and open the link there?

When I do that, I get two slightly-out-of-sync streams coming in at the same time and, when I close the browser, they both keep playing. Rebooting solves it, but I'd rather I didn't get two of the same stream, or have to reboot the phone to stop them. :-)

This didn't happen for me in .205 so, if other people are seeing it, I may downgrade.
    02-17-12 03:12 AM
    does it have a battery saving modes ?
    try this site .... repo.antihackerlink.or.id
    02-17-12 03:18 AM
    So now i tried to reproduce my Problems, with the Problem, that my Blackberry hangs after the PIN accepted Screen. After every Update of the OS everything worked fine, but after the BES Activation with OS 7.1.0.267 the Blackerry has this Problem, that he hangs after inputting my PIN from the Sim-Card.

I tried so much, but at the End, the only Solution for me was, that the BES Account must be deleted and creating a new BES Account.

Second Problem with all OS 7.1 Leaks is, if i put in the Universal Search a City or Street (as Example Stockholm, Sweden) and when i then tap on the BB Maps Icon he says alaways "Unknown Error". With OS 7.0 no Problems, even if i manually open BB Maps and search for a City or a Street. I hope they will fix this.
    02-17-12 03:43 AM
    So now i tried to reproduce my Problems, with the Problem, that my Blackberry hangs after the PIN accepted Screen. After every Update of the OS everything worked fine, but after the BES Activation with OS 7.1.0.267 the Blackerry has this Problem, that he hangs after inputting my PIN from the Sim-Card.

I tried so much, but at the End, the only Solution for me was, that the BES Account must be deleted and creating a new BES Account.

Second Problem with all OS 7.1 Leaks is, if i put in the Universal Search a City or Street (as Example Stockholm, Sweden) and when i then tap on the BB Maps Icon he says alaways "Unknown Error". With OS 7.0 no Problems, even if i manually open BB Maps and search for a City or a Street. I hope they will fix this.
    I just tired to search for "elmira, on" and clicked BB maps and it loaded up fine. Worked like a charm
    mtbdave likes this.
    02-17-12 03:47 AM
    Has anybody noticed that this build is a little laggy? Crackberry forums are so slow as well!
    02-17-12 04:38 AM
    Has anybody noticed that this build is a little laggy? Crackberry forums are so slow as well!
    no.. very responsive on mine.
    02-17-12 04:41 AM
    Smooth and responsive here even with battery saving mode activated all day.
    02-17-12 05:02 AM
    Whoa, that's awesome, but I don't want it in that direction!
    I want to stream from my NAS to the blackberry! ie: my music... it doesn't make sense to me to want to stream from your phone to a PS3 for example unless you're wanting to show video or pics that you took on it. It would get way more use from me to be able to receive streamed content. Not serve it....
    Give them time... RIM is always 1-2 years behind the competition... From 2013, with only 1 OS, they'll probably reduce that lag to 6 months or so.
    02-17-12 05:20 AM
    Originally Posted by advil_yum
    Whoa, that's awesome, but I don't want it in that direction!
    I want to stream from my NAS to the blackberry! ie: my music... it doesn't make sense to me to want to stream from your phone to a PS3 for example unless you're wanting to show video or pics that you took on it. It would get way more use from me to be able to receive streamed content. Not serve it....

DLNA is a whole ... should come. Be patient
    02-17-12 05:39 AM
818 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD