04-27-12 02:09 PM
818 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Anyone notice that podcast are no longer listed under the interagted apps under social feeds??? Not a fan. . .
    02-16-12 11:27 PM
    Can someone also describe how does this Battery Saver works exactly? Reduce CPU speed, turn down screen brightness, weaken the radio signal, turn to 2G only etc???

- Charles
    02-16-12 11:31 PM
    Anyone notice that podcast are no longer listed under the interagted apps under social feeds??? Not a fan. . .
    You may have to go to app world and reinstall the podcast software. I had to do that with 205.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    I am having problem setting up wallpaper on this version and previous 7.1 versions. Basically, when I set a custom wallpaper on my phone, it will not automatically resize and fit into the screen. I ended up only seeing say 75% of the wallpaper.

Any fix on this?

- Charles
    I've never experienced this Charles, but it seems you're not the only one... http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-issue-692424/
    chaddeus likes this.
    Can someone also describe how does this Battery Saver works exactly? Reduce CPU speed, turn down screen brightness, weaken the radio signal, turn to 2G only etc???

- Charles
    Nobody knows for sure yet... but plenty are speculating
    02-16-12 11:32 PM
    I am having problem setting up wallpaper on this version and previous 7.1 versions. Basically, when I set a custom wallpaper on my phone, it will not automatically resize and fit into the screen. I ended up only seeing say 75% of the wallpaper.

Any fix on this?

- Charles
    open the pictures folders, open wallpaper you want to use, menu, set as wallpaper, done
    02-16-12 11:42 PM
    I've never experienced this Charles, but it seems you're not the only one... http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-issue-692424/
    The solution is to go to FIle Manager and set it the picture as Wallpaper. The suggestion was from one of the ma678

- Chalres
    02-16-12 11:42 PM
    You may have to go to app world and reinstall the podcast software. I had to do that with 205.
    Social feeds has podcast again. . .but Now all my flagged podcast are gone. . .oh well. . .
    02-17-12 12:06 AM
    I think I have found something new, well I didn't notice it before. When you go to the clock screen the alarm below is now on a button which you can click to make changes. Pretty handy.
    takeo and keyhole like this.
    02-17-12 12:06 AM
    Yes had experienced the same with the last 2 leaks of 7.1, my BBM contact list with messages was already there but not with this leak.

had problems restoring my BBM groups, so did a wipe handheld after updating and then restored....no issues after that

The reason your BBM contacts were already there after a wipe and install is because BBM automatically creates a backup on the built in 8Gb storage memory in the following location: Device/home/user/im/Blackberry Messenger/pin#/backup. I was wondering how it was doing it and after formatting the built in memory then wiping the OS and reloading the contacts didn't come back automatically.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-17-12 12:10 AM
    I think I have found something new, well I didn't notice it before. When you go to the clock screen the alarm below is now on a button which you can click to make changes. Pretty handy.
    That feature was also present in the last 2 OS7.1 leaks.
    02-17-12 12:18 AM
    That feature was also present in the last 2 OS7.1 leaks.
    That is why I said I hadn't noticed it before. But thanks for pointing that out.
    02-17-12 12:21 AM
    Can someone on AT&T please comment on the 4G/3G & 2G toggle? This is an absolute deal breaker for me and many have asked with no response.
    02-17-12 12:25 AM

Any fix on this?

- Charles
    I'm not sure if this is what u mean, but I just found out, if you go to pics, and say zoom in to the spot you want, say putting people in the center, and then hit set as wallpaper, it keeps is as the "zoomed" in size, works for me
    02-17-12 12:38 AM
    Can someone on AT&T please comment on the 4G/3G & 2G toggle? This is an absolute deal breaker for me and many have asked with no response.
    It's been answered, and it's not there... http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...ml#post7132602
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 02-17-12 at 01:00 AM.
    02-17-12 12:47 AM
    I'm not sure if this is what u mean, but I just found out, if you go to pics, and say zoom in to the spot you want, say putting people in the center, and then hit set as wallpaper, it keeps is as the "zoomed" in size, works for me
    i think you never finish viewing the stater video after install OS right? It been though in the video since the Bold 9900 born.

And our bold crop our picture according to our screen size.
    02-17-12 12:57 AM
    It's been answered, and it's not there... http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...ml#post7132602
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s[/YT]
    will1881 likes this.
    02-17-12 01:04 AM
    is this function controlled by service books? cant be controlled by the OS can it?
    02-17-12 01:04 AM
    is this function controlled by service books? cant be controlled by the OS can it?
    I think it's controlled by the device ID coded into the sfi files of newer OS builds, rather than service books. Otherwise all AT&T users would be affected by this, on all OS versions.
    02-17-12 01:12 AM
    I just installed this on Telus 9900. So far so good. Can anyone summarize quickly what's the difference between OS 7.1 and OS 7.0 other than the mobile hotspot? (which is awesome btw!)

Also, anyone notice that the default backlight setting is now at 50 instead of 70? And the Device Analyzer doesn't work for speaker test...
    02-17-12 01:18 AM
    I just installed this on Telus 9900. So far so good. Can anyone summarize quickly what's the difference between OS 7.1 and OS 7.0 other than the mobile hotspot? (which is awesome btw!)
    Mobile Hotspot, Device Analyser, Media Server, Battery Saving Mode, BlackBerry Tag

Also, anyone notice that the default backlight setting is now at 50 instead of 70? And the Device Analyzer doesn't work for speaker test...
    Yup, it won't play any of the tones. I thought that was because I shrunk out the ringtones and replaced them with OS5 ones, but obviously not.
    trinxified and MaiMaiTaru like this.
    02-17-12 01:25 AM
    Mobile Hotspot, Device Analyser, Media Server, Battery Saving Mode, BlackBerry Tag

Yup, it won't play any of the tones. I thought that was because I shrunk out the ringtones and replaced them with OS5 ones, but obviously not.
    Thanks. What's Media Server and BlackBerry Tag?

And yeah, the "Play" button is greyed out. As for the mobile hotspot, there are no extra charges on that other than data usage right? As long as you got a data plan and not exceed it, we'll be fine? Anyone know if it uses a lot of bandwidth? I only have 5GB a month. and I do plan to hotspot from time to time with my sister and brother's tablets.
    02-17-12 01:29 AM
    Installed on Rogers 9900. After a few hours with this OS. So far so good. Except the battery drain rate is 5% an hour idle! I have no apps running in the background either.
    02-17-12 01:29 AM
    i think you never finish viewing the stater video after install OS right? It been though in the video since the Bold 9900 born.

And our bold crop our picture according to our screen size.
    Opps my bad! Your right I never have finished the video, kinda wish I would so I knew before
    02-17-12 01:33 AM
    Is the sticky message notification bug gone in this version?

I was able to download it after restarting the computer and turning off Norton.
    02-17-12 01:35 AM
818 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD