Phil,
    what font size are you running? When I select size 8, all is well, but with any font larger than that (I use size 9) the days are completely unreadable....

Cheers.
    I use 8pt... just tested with 9pt and it's still fine.
    02-29-12 01:19 PM
    I do use the music player but it happens even if I don't use it. I currently have the following apps installed,

Beweather
    Meterberry
    Google talk
    Tunein radio
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Score mobile
    Rock file manager
    Back flashlight
    Shazam
    Screen muncher
    BB traffic
    BB travel
    Wells Fargo
    BBM
    BB Protect
    Seven digital music store
    Berry Buzz
    BB Maps
    BB Bridge
    Nobex Radio

Wow...I didn't realize I had so many on here. I also use the social feeds app quite a bit.
    I underlined the ones that gave me memory grief. I noticed Social Feeds gave me a slight memory, media player has given me a good amount of memory loss, and anything that streams will dig into your memory as well.

I'm averaging about 10-15MB loss on a daily basis. Play with all your apps and see what happens. Go into Application Manager and look at Usage... you can see which apps are running. Pay attention to the apps you know you haven't used but are showing ussage.

In the end, memory loss is expected. A simple reboot will brings your numbers up.
    02-29-12 01:34 PM
    Damn, at first, my battery life was pretty good, got me 12 hours of battery life.

Now, I just unplugged the phone, like 45 min ago it dropped to 93?!

In 45 min I didn't use it non stop, I even took a shower...

I only use whatsapp and ubersocial and I don't have any other apps running...
    02-29-12 01:44 PM
    I underlined the ones that gave me memory grief. I noticed Social Feeds gave me a slight memory, media player has given me a good amount of memory loss, and anything that streams will dig into your memory as well.

I'm averaging about 10-15MB loss on a daily basis. Play with all your apps and see what happens. Go into Application Manager and look at Usage... you can see which apps are running. Pay attention to the apps you know you haven't used but are showing ussage.

In the end, memory loss is expected. A simple reboot will brings your numbers up.
    Dont have too, Quicklaunch restarts my phone every night at 4am.
    02-29-12 01:44 PM

Thanks. You're right that it isn't a big deal. Its just a larger leak than I have seen on other builds so I thought I'd see if other users had similar results.
    02-29-12 01:49 PM
    Damn, at first, my battery life was pretty good, got me 12 hours of battery life.

Now, I just unplugged the phone, like 45 min ago it dropped to 93?!

In 45 min I didn't use it non stop, I even took a shower...

I only use whatsapp and ubersocial and I don't have any other apps running...
    Maybe that japan made gold extended battery is leaning towards ya...
    02-29-12 01:51 PM
    Thanks. You're right that it isn't a big deal. Its just a larger leak than I have seen on other builds so I thought I'd see if other users had similar results.

Well it may be safe to say it is the build. I had no idle memory loss on .163.

But I'm using a 9930 and you're on a 9900... So that is a big difference that we have to account for as well.

Blacked out on my Crackberry using telepathy and Tapatalk
    02-29-12 01:53 PM
    Maybe that japan made gold extended battery is leaning towards ya...
    I'm serious bro Is my battery maybe defect?
    02-29-12 05:59 PM
    Not impossibru, there is a chance though. Do you feel the battery isn't as good as he should be?
    02-29-12 06:03 PM
    Check and see if any apps are running in the background.
    02-29-12 06:12 PM
    And how can I do that? Honestly I did not know about that before .

To put a SMS contact into ur BBM contacts open BBM, scroll contacts then open invite to BBM, scroll to the bottom where it says add a contact to text within BBM and click tht. When tht page opens u see where it says Phone, type the number or name of the sms contact. Once u do tht u can choose a category to put the contact in and then just hit the add contact tab. Now u can contact them thru the BBM. When they reply to u it will come thru there as well. Good luck.
    m.seif likes this.
    02-29-12 06:30 PM
    Yes, that too. Bbm is able to add traditional. SMS contacts who have a phone number
    All that does is add a user to BBM using an SMS invite. That user still must have a BB and BBM installed -

That user will NOT appear in your BBM list unless they are on BBM.

If that user does have BBM, you have to check "show text messages from contacts linked with BlackBerrry contacts" for their SMS messages appear in the BBM list.

In no case can you add a user to the BBM contact list via any means if they do not have a BB/BBM.
    02-29-12 09:11 PM
    Does the gold spray paint allow them to make the battery capacity higher without making the battery larger?

Maybe I should pick up some masking tape and a can of paint tomorrow at the hardware store and start prepping my battery for the paintshop.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-29-12 at 09:24 PM.
    02-29-12 09:22 PM
    Does the gold spray paint allow them to make the battery capacity higher without making the battery larger?

Maybe I should pick up some masking tape and a can of paint tomorrow at the hardware store and start prepping my battery for the paintshop.

I'm in the market for a platinum battery... 9 volt batteries just don't cut it and kinda bulky.

Blacked out on my Crackberry using telepathy and Tapatalk
    02-29-12 11:21 PM
    I appreciate your help really. Thank you.
    When I tried it witj my wife using a touch screen nokia, she received the following message :
    "Click this PIN to invite me to BBM pin XXXXXX
    BlackBerry - Messenger - BBM an Instant Messaging App "

But nothing happened when she touched the PIN !!

I guess I knew what you mean, texting with people that do not have BBM, but must have a blackberry phone , right ?
    U can add any contact into the BBM app as a text or BBM contact. I only use the BBM app to text or BBM all my contacts now. Even the people who don't have a BB go thru my BBM now. When the person tht is a text contact replies back I get the notice thru the bbm app as well and the messages all appear in the BBM app. Here's a link to a article CB did a few months ago. It also tells u how to set it up. http://m.crackberry.com/text-messagi...erry-messenger
    Last edited by jordan559; 02-29-12 at 11:59 PM.
    02-29-12 11:56 PM
    Check and see if any apps are running in the background.
    Chances are small, because I don't have BIS, so apps as twitter and FB don't work.

The only apps I use are whatsapp and ubersocial.
    Like right now, I just use the phone for 15 min and it dropped from 100 to 97..
    03-01-12 02:04 AM
    Droped to 89 in half an hour.
    03-01-12 02:32 AM
    To put a SMS contact into ur BBM contacts open BBM, scroll contacts then open invite to BBM, scroll to the bottom where it says add a contact to text within BBM and click tht. When tht page opens u see where it says Phone, type the number or name of the sms contact. Once u do tht u can choose a category to put the contact in and then just hit the add contact tab. Now u can contact them thru the BBM. When they reply to u it will come thru there as well. Good luck.
    I never knew that before. Thank you very much
    03-01-12 04:08 AM
    Chances are small, because I don't have BIS, so apps as twitter and FB don't work.

The only apps I use are whatsapp and ubersocial.
    Like right now, I just use the phone for 15 min and it dropped from 100 to 97..
    I was speaking of any apps. How are you using the device in those 15 minutes. I can duplicate that same drop in 10 minutes. It's all in the usage.

What apps are running in the background? Hold Menu button and the switch application bar shows up, there should only be five if you close everything properly... home, mail, browser, phone, and BBM icons.

If everything is closed properly look and usage under application management. This will show all app that are showing usage in time. So if your not using an app and it so usage, you may wanna uninstall it and see if it helps. I'm not saying keep it off your device, I'm saying just be aware of what runs your device down.
    03-01-12 09:29 AM
    No I don't use any other apps, except I'm a HEAVY whatsapp user.
    03-01-12 11:17 AM
    I have no experience with whatsapp... it cold be the app settings but doubt it. I haven't heard anything really negative about that app. But i wouldn't worry too much about 15 minutes of and a 3% drop. I can make mine drop 10% pretty quick with the right usage.
    03-01-12 01:48 PM
    Whatsapp is a gas guzzler!
    03-01-12 04:13 PM
    Anyone else noticing an issue with the media player after you hit pause or answer a call? For me, once the music replays again, its louder and highly distorted. But when I skip to the next song, or have a message arrive that has a sound indicator, the music playback returns to normal. Probably on a related topic, every once in a while, this leak gives me the error that the media processor is busy and the only way to fix it is to restart the phone. Anyone else notice these issues?
    03-01-12 10:49 PM
    Hi, after installation I've got black screen but i can navigate through quick lunch, anyone help?
    03-02-12 02:44 AM
    Whatsapp is a gas guzzler!
    Oke, thanks, than I should live with it, because I don't have BIS yet, so I need a alternative for BBM.
    Thanks guys!
    03-02-12 05:19 AM
818 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD