04-27-12 02:09 PM
818 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Maybe he is using another type of font family that can also make a difference though.
    + the fonts family settings like fontstyle, fontsmoothing etc. Not sure if he uses the default font.
    I am using the default font (BB Alpha Sans, plain) but have also tried Arial... to no avail.
    Font smothing is on, but I have tried to disable it.
    02-28-12 07:36 PM
    I am using the default font (BB Alpha Sans, plain) but have also tried Arial... to no avail.
    Font smothing is on, but I have tried to disable it.
    Just a long shot here. Is it possible you had DM restore calander events that have corrupted your calander? Maybe restored display or theme settings?

Problems like this always seem to coincide with restoring anything other than basic info like messages, appointments, alarms. As soon as people start restoring OS specific stuff like permissions, settings, etc. The problems start to come out of the wood work.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-28-12 at 07:43 PM.
    02-28-12 07:39 PM
    Yeah my Calendar font is way too small. I have to squint to make out what day is what. Hope this gets fixed in a new update.
    02-28-12 11:33 PM
    hey guys, I'm not sure if this has been discussed before. When you're using the mobile hotspot option or modem mode, it disables data on the phone itself. I'd like to be able to share my internet and use the phone internet at the same time. Can we fix that?
    02-29-12 01:42 AM
    sorry, just realized that I posted on the wrong thread. I'm using a 9900
    02-29-12 01:51 AM
    Thinking I was too hasty to slate the battery life.... Am now getting a steady 4.6% per hour drain on 2G with Battery Saving Mode turned OFF. Am going to test it on 3G today.
    02-29-12 04:03 AM
    Damn, at first, my battery life was pretty good, got me 12 hours of battery life.

Now, I just unplugged the phone, like 45 min ago it dropped to 93?!

In 45 min I didn't use it non stop, I even took a shower...

I only use whatsapp and ubersocial and I don't have any other apps running...
    02-29-12 04:33 AM
    Thinking I was too hasty to slate the battery life.... Am now getting a steady 4.6% per hour drain on 2G with Battery Saving Mode turned OFF. Am going to test it on 3G today.
    Where do we find the battery saving mode option please ? could not find it, I am still on 7.0.0.540.
    02-29-12 06:22 AM
    It isn't for .540 bro
    m.seif likes this.
    02-29-12 07:09 AM
    I now use bbm for texting even non bb numbers. However, even if i have read texts through bbm, my led does not stop blinking....until i open the message folder even if i don't go to the specific text that just came in.
    02-29-12 08:53 AM
    I now use bbm for texting even non bb numbers. However, even if i have read texts through bbm, my led does not stop blinking....until i open the message folder even if i don't go to the specific text that just came in.
    Can you explain what do you mean by " I now use bbm for texting even non bb numbers " ?
    Thanks
    02-29-12 08:56 AM
    Can you explain what do you mean by " I now use bbm for texting even non bb numbers " ?
    Thanks
    BBM uses data and your blackberry's PIN.
    02-29-12 09:33 AM
    BBM uses data and your blackberry's PIN.
    Thanks, but I know that. I was referring to your saying " non bb numbers" . I guess you meant texting to people via their phone numbers.
    02-29-12 10:12 AM
    Thanks, but I know that. I was referring to your saying " non bb numbers" . I guess you meant texting to people via their phone numbers.
    Yes, that too. Bbm is able to add traditional. SMS contacts who have a phone number
    02-29-12 10:14 AM
    Damn, at first, my battery life was pretty good, got me 12 hours of battery life.

02-29-12 11:43 AM

If you don't have an external charger or extra battery, I recommend you get both. The battery is more accurately charged outside the device. Searching for blackberry external battery charger on Ebay will show good choices, just remember to sort by lowest price + shipping first.
    02-29-12 11:47 AM
    Yes, that too. Bbm is able to add traditional. SMS contacts who have a phone number
    Now I am mixed up again, do you mean you can text people that do not have blackberry via the BBM ? I guess not .
    02-29-12 12:26 PM
    Now I am mixed up again, do you mean you can text people that do not have blackberry via the BBM ? I guess not .
    No, not using data. Bbm to imessage won't work. But if they use SMS, you can add their number that way and SMS from within Bbm.
    Mecca EL and m.seif like this.
    02-29-12 12:28 PM
    No, not using data. Bbm to imessage won't work. But if they use SMS, you can add their number that way and SMS from within Bbm.
    And how can I do that? Honestly I did not know about that before .
    02-29-12 12:31 PM
    And how can I do that? Honestly I did not know about that before .
    Launch BBM, hit Invite Contact, it'll then say enter the PIN, e-mail, name or phone number. Quite easy from there.
    02-29-12 12:34 PM
    Its more accurately charged outside the device? The moon made out of cheese too?

Did anyone ever stop to think when the Lithium-Ion battery is fully charged what happens at that point?

The battery stops receiving a charge. It then discharges to a preset level and when that happens it begins to charge again.

Just because you pulled it off the charger 3.67 nano seconds ago doesn't mean the battery is fully charged.

That's why the notification LED changes color when you use the "Power Off" icon before charging the phone.

Why do people drive the dumbest crap into the ground?
    urbanguy likes this.
    02-29-12 12:39 PM
    Launch BBM, hit Invite Contact, it'll then say enter the PIN, e-mail, name or phone number. Quite easy from there.
    I appreciate your help really. Thank you.
    When I tried it witj my wife using a touch screen nokia, she received the following message :
    "Click this PIN to invite me to BBM pin XXXXXX
    BlackBerry - Messenger - BBM an Instant Messaging App "

But nothing happened when she touched the PIN !!

I guess I knew what you mean, texting with people that do not have BBM, but must have a blackberry phone , right ?
    Last edited by m.seif; 02-29-12 at 01:12 PM.
    02-29-12 12:53 PM
    Is anyone else getting a large memory leak on this build. I've been rebooting once a day after about a 35 mb drop.
    02-29-12 12:59 PM
    Is anyone else getting a large memory leak on this build. I've been rebooting once a day after about a 35 mb drop.
    Do you use your media player? What apps do you have?
    02-29-12 01:10 PM
    Do you use your media player? What apps do you have?
    I do use the music player but it happens even if I don't use it. I currently have the following apps installed,

Beweather
    Meterberry
    Google talk
    Tunein radio
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Score mobile
    Rock file manager
    Back flashlight
    Shazam
    Screen muncher
    BB traffic
    BB travel
    Wells Fargo
    BBM
    BB Protect
    Seven digital music store
    Berry Buzz
    BB Maps
    BB Bridge
    Nobex Radio

Wow...I didn't realize I had so many on here. I also use the social feeds app quite a bit.
    02-29-12 01:17 PM
818 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD