04-27-12 02:09 PM
818 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    Yes it does have a battery saving mode. So far and I have installed a couple of days ago, it has been bad on the battery. I am hoping it will settle down in the next few days.
    02-25-12 06:28 AM
    They're two different things
    Some may think Evernote and Notepad are two different things, but I think they are the same because they do the same job in some ways. Thank you for the info.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 02-25-12 at 07:10 AM.
    02-25-12 07:07 AM
    Yes it does have a battery saving mode. So far and I have installed a couple of days ago, it has been bad on the battery. I am hoping it will settle down in the next few days.
    I found this built is the best on battery compared to the previous leaks.
    02-25-12 07:08 AM
    The app is great
    It doesnt storage your file on the SD bu the cache only for quicher access
    I think is a must have
    Try it
    What happen I create a note using the Evernote app and then can I access that note without a network connection?

The other question I have would be is there way to export Evernote notes to a text file for modification to the note using a computer and re-upload back again?

I just created an Evernote account and downloaded the app....
    Last edited by mss-ca; 02-25-12 at 07:37 AM.
    02-25-12 07:11 AM
    well been running this for a week now and its running pretty good for me. Seems as fast as ever and very little hourglasses and hangs. No sign of memory leaks also.

Battery life has been actually good ( have had battery saving mode set to always on ). Average drain on idle is around 2% which has been then best I have had on my stock battery. In use it can be around 6% to 8%.

All my apps work and generally without issues.

A keeper for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-25-12 07:15 AM
    well been running this for a week now and its running pretty good for me. Seems as fast as ever and very little hourglasses and hangs. No sign of memory leaks also.

Battery life has been actually good ( have had battery saving mode set to always on ). Average drain on idle is around 2% which has been then best I have had on my stock battery. In use it can be around 6% to 8%.

All my apps work and generally without issues.

A keeper for me.

Same here really good battery life without battery saving mode. Do you find that battery saving mode slow down your network speeds or phone's response time?
    02-25-12 07:20 AM
    Same here really good battery life without battery saving mode. Do you find that battery saving mode slow down your network speeds or phone's response time?
    I have experimented with running battery saver mode on all the time and off all the time and to be honest could not see any difference in either battery life or phone function.

I have yet to see a credible explanation as to how battery saver function physically works.
    mssca likes this.
    02-25-12 07:23 AM
    Evernote 2 syncs increased my battery drain rate to 5%/hr from 2%/hr. This is OK since sync is done using the net.
    02-25-12 08:06 AM
    I have had this installed for a few days and after high battery drain initially today I am blown away. I took it off charge at 8.30am this morning and 11 hours later it's on 79%. That is much better than my previous OS and I am delighted.
    02-25-12 01:25 PM
    Can someone verify if it has Arabic language ( ALL languages built ) ?

Also I tried the DL page at Jumbofiles.com, but it is not there !!!!

Thanks
    Last edited by m.seif; 02-25-12 at 03:51 PM.
    02-25-12 03:48 PM
    anyone able to get hotspot working on this build? I'm on Wind Mobile, the feature was working on .190, but on this one it's not working.
    02-25-12 03:58 PM
    anyone able to get hotspot working on this build? I'm on Wind Mobile, the feature was working on .190, but on this one it's not working.
    Working fine here.
    02-25-12 05:22 PM
    Another auspicious update. Thanks rroyy.

02-25-12 06:13 PM

Thanks
    Try this one.

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6436550_2655317_676538
    urbanguy likes this.
    02-25-12 06:20 PM
    Some may think Evernote and Notepad are two different things, but I think they are the same because they do the same job in some ways. Thank you for the info.
    Geekin me...

They do not do The same job and I tell you why briefly..

The most important: Evernote is clouded, memopad it is not and as a BB core app can be encrypted and wiped off easily if it comes down to

Memopad is Quicker then Evernote as your memos are stored into your device sistem, instead then Evernote which flows a little every time as it is a third part app.

Evernote has a coloured interface, Memopad has not
    Enernote uses your voice recorder to take voice notes BB Memopad does not
    Evernote is able to take screenshots notes Memopad does not
    And so on..
    Would you keep classifying that as "the same way"

The main reason I keep using the built in Memopad app, which can also be removed, is security matter related plus simplicity of using it
    Last edited by albertinik; 03-02-12 at 11:51 AM.
    dimm0k and bruteforce037 like this.
    02-25-12 08:38 PM

Thanks
    Yes it does have Arabic.
    m.seif likes this.
    02-26-12 03:18 AM
    For those of you having issues with screen brightness setting back to 70, try setting to the level that you want, save it and do a battery pull. It fixed mine after a battery pull..

- Charles
    02-26-12 07:54 AM
    Not really. Only thing that I have noticed that BSM does is dim your screen more than the 10%

02-26-12 12:16 PM
    Working fine here.

What settings do you use? I followed your instructions in the .190 thread and I was able to get it to work using those settings, but its not doing the trick on this one. Thanks.
    02-26-12 05:02 PM
    What settings do you use? I followed your instructions in the .190 thread and I was able to get it to work using those settings, but its not doing the trick on this one. Thanks.
    I didn't need to do anything, just checked the box and it connected. No APN or password required.
    02-26-12 05:07 PM
    Anyone else having troubles with saving messages??

I only got 3 days worth of emails/sms in my inboxes??

I checked options and its set to keep forever like always..

Its a real issue for me because i got customer adresses and stuff in my emails which i cant access when needed because they are deleted

Sent from my Aiiiiiiightphone
    02-26-12 06:36 PM
    Anyone else facing this issue:
    After loading and restoration of the OS, I am able to receive my emails but am not able to view them in the Messages 'app'. I can however, open the emails from Notifications, and that's it. Also, even the emaill address specific folder icon is 'missing' my emails.

Is this a known issue with a simple work around?
    02-26-12 07:54 PM
    Anyone else having troubles with saving messages??

I only got 3 days worth of emails/sms in my inboxes??

I checked options and its set to keep forever like always..

Its a real issue for me because i got customer adresses and stuff in my emails which i cant access when needed because they are deleted

Sent from my Aiiiiiiightphone
    Can you access them via the webmail interface?
    02-26-12 07:56 PM
    Anyone else facing this issue:
    After loading and restoration of the OS, I am able to receive my emails but am not able to view them in the Messages 'app'. I can however, open the emails from Notifications, and that's it. Also, even the emaill address specific folder icon is 'missing' my emails.

Is this a known issue with a simple work around?
    Do a security wipe and then selectively restore the backup. You should then be able to access the Messages area. If not, reload it, try again.
    02-26-12 07:57 PM
    Its like I said guys, when you use BBDM to restore settings, certificates, permissions, and all that stuff its gonna hose your phone. Do stuff the lazy way and spend 10x more effort and time fixing crap YOU broke.
    02-26-12 08:02 PM
818 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD